Katy Perry's new album "Smile” drops to #54 selling 5k copies

17 minutes ago, britneyspears2205 said:

This forum is a joke if I ever WITNESSes one😂 It‘s like the same 3-4 catty mean-spirited gays who think of new „creative“ ways to be super „shady“ and post every 20min or so🤣 hilarious

Sorry but Katy deserves this result. She has said horrible statements about plenty of people, copied every trend in the book and knocked if off as original and has released an album of uninspired and unoriginal music.

Its not 3-4 'Catty Gays'' who didn't buy her album, its her dwindled fan base, Pop fans and the GP who didn't and they didn't for a reason.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Sorry but Katy deserves this result. She has said horrible statements about plenty of people, copied every trend in the book and knocked if off as original and has released an album of uninspired and unoriginal music.

Its not 3-4 'Catty Gays'' who didn't buy her album, its her dwindled fan base, Pop fans and the GP who didn't and they didn't for a reason.

IKR? One has to be some different league of delusional to ignore the magnitude of floppage. 

"3-4 Catt gays"? More like the majority of pop audience. 

:staysalty:

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Everyone is gonna want to work with her when she’s free 

Tell them sis:meryl:
True icon? Check

Humble? Check

Nice to work with? Check

Flawless taste and loyal fanbase? Check and check

If she’s free and if her team knows how to make a circus 2.0 era, then she will have a huge comeback:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Dexwhitespears said:

IKR? One has to be some different league of delusional to ignore the magnitude of floppage. 

"3-4 Catt gays"? More like the majority of pop audience. 

:staysalty:

If I were Katy, I'd seriously be questioning my career right now. Katy built her career on not only having a strong fanbase, but also, being accepted by the GP. Part of that is due to the team she had, but its clear that something is off now; The music isn't fresh or as infectious as it once was, her message is stale and overall, the whole 'I don't care for sales' thing is transparent because it was never said when she was selling or getting number ones.

This album, and witness by extension, didn't meet expectations because she was too reliant on the same old bag of trick

If Katy wants to have a REAL comeback, she needs to go right back to basics; Just her and her guitar. Nothing else starting off and let it build from there. Whether its an acoustic album, a rock style album, or it builds into a dark electronica album like Ray of Light, she needs to start it with just her.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Dexwhitespears said:

The irony is she had the audacity to call Mariah a throwback act!! 

Well, we all know what you are in 6 years, Katherine. :cheese:

She’s disrespected so many of her peers who paved the way for her and karma has finally caught up with her. Her lil rabid stans just can’t comprehend that the same people they called flops are now outselling their new flop fave :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite:

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

What were you saying? 

6 weeks at number 1, 133k copies sold in week six. Tied with Whitney Houston. First album in four years to do it?

In comparisons, Katy Perry debuted at number 5, with 50k sold, and 35k were physical sales. She had numerous performances, multiple videos released, a facebook campaign etc.

Trend set, it seems

Whaaat are you even talking about? The whole discussion me and spice was different lol.

Breaking records isn’t settings trends, I’m saying setting a trend in Indie music becoming mainstream which she has not done

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block