Katy Perry's new album "Smile” drops to #54 selling 5k copies

8 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

What were you saying? 

6 weeks at number 1, 133k copies sold in week six. Tied with Whitney Houston. First album in four years to do it?

In comparisons, Katy Perry debuted at number 5, with 50k sold, and 35k were physical sales. She had numerous performances, multiple videos released, a facebook campaign etc.

Trend set, it seems

Not to discredit Taylor. She is having the most successful album cycle in 2020 and all without the classic album rollout. But the Trend part, Taylor has not done that. Future Nostalgia was one of the first releases that pushed the Disco Era late 2019, and 2020. Both your statements are valid. Taylor is has the most successful album of 2020, but Dua has the Trend album of 2020, and The Weeknd has the Song of the Year

• Love 2

Idk I kind of feel bad for her. We all have witnessed her progress in her personal life in recent years: owning up to her past mistakes, making amends to her relationship with Swift, taking care of her mental health. I think it would make her really happy if this album went #1. Idk maybe she doesn’t care. She said she’s over charts and numbers. She seems like she’s in a really good place in life now, that’s all that matters.:parisok:

1 hour ago, jonjon2000 said:

Not to discredit Taylor. She is having the most successful album cycle in 2020 and all without the classic album rollout. But the Trend part, Taylor has not done that. Future Nostalgia was one of the first releases that pushed the Disco Era late 2019, and 2020. Both your statements are valid. Taylor is has the most successful album of 2020, but Dua has the Trend album of 2020, and The Weeknd has the Song of the Year

Thank you and PERIOD! :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

1 hour ago, Pbloem19 said:

Idk I kind of feel bad for her. We all have witnessed her progress in her personal life in recent years: owning up to her past mistakes, making amends to her relationship with Swift, taking care of her mental health. I think it would make her really happy if this album went #1. Idk maybe she doesn’t care. She said she’s over charts and numbers. She seems like she’s in a really good place in life now, that’s all that matters.:parisok:

I'm sorry but its easy to "realize your past mistakes" when you're at the bottom.  Sitting at the top she had no problem with it but when you get knocked from your pedestal and have to reevaluate of course you see things differently.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, jonjon2000 said:

Who followes Dua Lipa's trend?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9343687/dua-lipa-lady-gaga-disco-pop-top-40-trend

Taylor is well-known and recognised for her songwriting, and accolades and how massive her sales are, that's a fact. But she is not a trendsetter. 

Some sample: Britney is a trendsetter, most artists were following on her steps on how to reinvent the teenage image into a more matured one, not to mention the impact of Blackout, and how she used EDM + pop. Madonna, is the definition of how to set trends. Beyonce with the whole surprise album drops + visual albums, she might not have been the first, but she made her own.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/britney-spears-baby-one-more-time-anniversary-rob-sheffield-777564/

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

The delusion :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Even tho it was someone as weird as Dua to hear, revived a genre this year, it’s the truth :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

What prominent disco songs (except Juice) did you hear in popularity last year until don’t start now came out :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Notice how the 70s-90s disco-dance pop and euro-house trend became more powerful when FN era was released? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

If u live under the rock, allow me to introduce you all the songs this year that were disco :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Say so :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Stupid love :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

In your eyes :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Experience :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Champagne problems :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Rain on me :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Midnight sky :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Dynamite :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

The other side :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Holiday :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Break up song :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Adore you :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Roses  (Imanbek remix) :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:(dont u find it weird the song started gaining attraction after the dance pop trend was started :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:)

More than half of these songs, have been one of the very hugest hits of 2020, but don’t u notice how all of them came when Don’t start now was gaining popularity further more and every week. 
Also, how most of them came after the release of Future Nostalgia. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Should I not mention FN needed 16 reviews to get the 2nd highest critically acclaimed pop album of this year :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Also :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

SAWAYAMA (Disco elements)

Chromatica (90s house-disco album) 

Whats your pleasure? (70s-80s post disco album)

Notes on a conditional form (Dance, electro pop album)

Energy (house album)

DISCO (Disco album)

:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

The fact that her influence has even extended out to the K-POP industry :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

ANDDDD :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

And while R Dub isn’t sure if there has been a true disco phase since the disco era itself, he says songs like soulDecision’s “Faded” in 2000 and Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky” in 2013 “attempted to stoke the fire, but with little success of actually igniting an inferno.” Now, it seems like Lipa may be the one to do just that; “Don’t Start Now” is at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at the Radio Songs summit. As Bradley says, it “became this juggernaut that can’t be stopped.

-Billboard, 2020 

Dua Lipa releases “Future Nostalgia”, a Disco-pop revival album 

-Grapejuice, 2020

Also second opinion? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Here thou go: https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-52109397 :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Im not saying Folklore is flopping chile, I said it hasn’t set any trend like a Indie pop force in the mainstream scene like how dua did :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

If she makes another album I wonder if she'll go to Dr Luke or Max Martin.... 

but then i can imagine her losing her American Idol job if she goes to Dr Luke (maybe not but people will cancel her even harder).

MAx MArtin is a guarantee if he doesn't think Katy is too much of a flop to work with.

3 hours ago, allthat88 said:

I'm sorry but its easy to "realize your past mistakes" when you're at the bottom.  Sitting at the top she had no problem with it but when you get knocked from your pedestal and have to reevaluate of course you see things differently.

Exactly my point!! Also, she never directly apologised to Britney, which she absolutely should. It wasn't any casual backhand mean jibe, she ridiculed a person's mental health on international television.

:deserves: :begone:

11 hours ago, Fenixxx123 said:
13 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Watch Britney release B10 in 2021 with a huge world tour and 400k sales in its first week after 23 years in the business at 39 years old after all the positive publicity she’s getting :rihannayas:

Everyone is gonna want to work with her when she’s free 

I genuinely believe this can happen 

How? 400k first week ?

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLOLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell::wendycry:
Katy boo, are you like...... :( 

It was quite expected I guess :hideous:

I expected her to do a comeback BUTTTT.....

Wait for the 2nd week numbers and see how she sells 308k, outsells TayTay and go no.1 and break records I’m telling you it was happen next week, mark my words :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

She deserves to flop

horrible person, horrible album.

4x6l.gif

• Love 4
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block