Rita Ora accused of blackfishing

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Is it bad that I don't care about cultural appropriation? 

Like telling a celebrity they can't wear a certain piece of clothing because people of that culture can't wear it to places in work or school isn't going to fix anything? Like instead of putting their energy towards making the government pass laws that schools and work places can't tell their students or workers they can't wear clothing or hairstyles from their culture they start yelling at celebrities which won't do anything. 

(Before one of those "woke white people" come after me, just remember I'm a POC so I know what it's like to not have white privilege and to have my culture "appropriated")

Well I think there are limits ya know 

people can’t just go around wearing hijabs and turbans as a Halloween costume

or for example cutting up traditional Chinese dressed to make a “****” dress for prom or whatever 

but i think People should be able to dress how they want as long as they are respectful and understan where it came from 

besides that I thought she was black this whole time so now I’m conflicted :clownery:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Well I think there are limits ya know 

people can’t just go around wearing hijabs and turbans as a Halloween costume

or for example cutting up traditional Chinese dressed to make a “****” dress for prom or whatever 

but i think People should be able to dress how they want as long as they are respectful and understan where it came from 

besides that I thought she was black this whole time so now I’m conflicted :clownery:

Yeah I agree with what you said here! I'm just talking about how people will just have a certain hairstyle to a press conference and then twitter users will lose all of their cool lmao and when something isn't actual cultural appropriation like a certain someone was wearing a towel a certain way that you wear a towel when you go to a sauna  and then people started attacking them because they said it was a part of Nigerian culture but it wasn't' it was just a regular towel and when actual Nigerians tried to speak up and say it was just a regular towel and not a part of their culture they were silenced and called slurs by these "woke white people" :clownery: (Ya better watch out @Towelney, they might come for your wig!) 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Invitation said:

Omg what stories 

30 minutes ago, Anitta Elusive Chanteuse said:

Share those details, sis

Angela Lansbury Reaction GIF

I knew this would happen :imok:

It's really not my place to say because I'm potentially compromising NDAs and stuff, but just trust me, she's a wrong'un :unbothered:

Spoiler

She's defo a **** smuggler though :demi:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

No shade but black women literally wear whole wigs made from the hair of women from other races. You do not own a hair style or texture. 
Let's all respect one another and stop gatekeeping the dumbest stuff on earth.

There is no reason to look for things to fight about when there are real fights worth having,like liberating women and gays from persecution and subjugation,housing homeless people,ending police brutality and holding bad cops accountable, ending and exposing tyrannical oppressive governments around the world who violate human rights on a daily,ect:schoolingtime:

• Like 1

That's the whole problem with this "cultural appropriation" bs.

If someone is embracing something, they shouldn't be punished or vilified for it.

They should be punished when they're putting something down.

It's all so effing stupid and people are being WAY too sensitive.

But also who even cares about Rita Ora? The only hit she ever had was jumping on a feature of a Katy Perry reject.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

Beyonce and Nicki Minaj should be cancelled for white fishing then, fake blonde hair and fake blue contacts,

4x6l.gif

There’s a difference. Black women have been told to change their hair and look more white, while white women are wearing braids and getting their lips done and being praised and making money off it. Black women with braids are told to change and are shamed for their blackness. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, helloitsme said:

There’s a difference. Black women have been told to change their hair and look more white, while white women are wearing braids and getting their lips done and being praised and making money off it. Black women with braids are told to change and are shamed for their blackness. 

Beyonce and Nicki are also making money off of blonde hair and blue eyes, it's a two way street boo

• Like 2

Uhhhh, she always said she was Albanian. There’s no black people in Albania. So yeah, she’s white, might have traces of Turkish roots.

its just that American people are ignorant and uneducated. When she said Albanian, they probably tought she said Alabama. Lol

Rita Ora, Dua Lipa And Bebe Rex are all same ethnicity. All Alabanian.

• Like 4
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, limezd said:

Uhhhh, she always said she was Albanian. There’s no black people in Albania. So yeah, she’s white, might have traces of Turkish roots.

its just that American people are ignorant and uneducated. When she said Albanian, they probably tought she said Alabama. Lol

Rita Ora, Dua Lipa And Bebe Rex are all same ethnicity. All Alabanian.

Or it’s probably cause she’s a one hit wonder and no one cares about what she says

and judging from those photos and her usual appearance she does look part black so

maybe it’s something to do with her and not other people :jl:

• Love 1

since when hairstyles are divided into categories like this is a 'black hairstyle' and 'white hairstyle'

same as with colors 'blue=boy' 'pink=girl' are we serious right now?

different hairstyles, colors, dressing styles are for everyone

doesn't matter if you're black, white, yellow, or green

whatever makes each individual happy and more confident that's totally fine

let the people live their lives jeez :jeanluc:

and the fact that in 2020 the world is suffering with sooo many serious problems

and some people are attacking someone for HAIRS :orangu:

this is beyond sad, some people needs to get a life ASAP giphy.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block