Rita Ora accused of blackfishing

4 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

Who careeees?? Let people dress and have their hair done the way they want! It’s so stupid to say if you are not black you can’t do your hair like that, you can’t wear that thing... blah blah blah.

The same with other entities/cultures tbh.

Racism is horrible and it mustn’t be tolerated BUT the clothes and hair thing saying it’s cultural appropriation it’s just stupid. Calm your **** people lol.

I encourage you to question yourself and to educate yourself in the subject.

Is it bad that I don't care about cultural appropriation? 

Like telling a celebrity they can't wear a certain piece of clothing because people of that culture can't wear it to places in work or school isn't going to fix anything? Like instead of putting their energy towards making the government pass laws that schools and work places can't tell their students or workers they can't wear clothing or hairstyles from their culture they start yelling at celebrities which won't do anything. 

(Before one of those "woke white people" come after me, just remember I'm a POC so I know what it's like to not have white privilege and to have my culture "appropriated")

• Like 6
1 minute ago, ToySoldier12 said:

I insist. You should educate yourself on the matter.

Why? Europeans are entitled to their own views and way of living. Why should Americans decide how the rest of the world should be. 

But I do think that if you are intentionally in the American market you should not do this. But yeah that’s a given. If you want to work somewhere you adjust to the local customs.  

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, allthat88 said:

My first thought was "does anyone really care about anything Rita Ora does?"

It is inappropriate but again she hardly has a career.  Her trying to play both sides isn't working so maybe she needs a new plan of attack.

She’s a flop unfortunately even when she was given some good music 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block