Why was Britney spears hated in the X Factor 2012 when...

Blackout2006

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She wasn't hated for that more than just the occasional youtube comments (I'm still on an ongoing argument on that Don Philip audition because people keep saying she wasn't nice enough).

However, I do think it affected her the most in the sense that, in the auditions she did pretty well, she had the sassy comments when they were needed, and she had very nice comments when people really deserved it. But when they did that interview tour to promote the show on different tv shows, and all they did was just show hear being mean, I think she didn't like to be portrayed like that and that's why on the live shows she became all shy.

But she would come for Simon any time it was needed

tumblr_mdie4t5DYS1r7h8e7o1_r6_500.gif

"Fans" hated her makeup most of the times, and that's when they started suggesting she should do plastic surgery. When she started doing fun stuff the following year, they also complained :oprah:

To me, as a fan, it was a pretty fun time to see her on television twice a week for the duration of the show. I don't know how somebody couldn't enjoy that.

And I think she really wanted to do this, not because her passion is being a judge, but because it was [yet another] way to prove that she was capable to function, have a job, a millionaire contract and fight the conservatorship. This was the last time she actually tried to fight it, according to reports, she asked the judge for the cship to be reduced from permanent to having a deadline, arguing she was the only conservatee with a millionaire contract. But it was denied of course, by the same judge that authorized she was, however, capable of appearing on live television.

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

She wasn't hated for that more than just the occasional youtube comments (I'm still on an ongoing argument on that Don Philip audition because people keep saying she wasn't nice enough).

However, I do think it affected her the most in the sense that, in the auditions she did pretty well, she had the sassy comments when they were needed, and she had very nice comments when people really deserved it. But when they did that interview tour to promote the show on different tv shows, and all they did was just show hear being mean, I think she didn't like to be portrayed like that and that's why on the live shows she became all shy.

But she would come for Simon any time it was needed

tumblr_mdie4t5DYS1r7h8e7o1_r6_500.gif

"Fans" hated her makeup most of the times, and that's when they started suggesting she should do plastic surgery. When she started doing fun stuff the following year, they also complained :oprah:

To me, as a fan, it was a pretty fun time to see her on television twice a week for the duration of the show. I don't know how somebody couldn't enjoy that.

And I think she really wanted to do this, not because her passion is being a judge, but because it was [yet another] way to prove that she was capable to function, have a job, a millionaire contract and fight the conservatorship. This was the last time she actually tried to fight it, according to reports, she asked the judge for the cship to be reduced from permanent to having a deadline, arguing she was the only conservatee with a millionaire contract. But it was denied of course, by the same judge that authorized she was, however, capable of appearing on live television.

Here's an article from the Daily Mail. (Its clear Simon is the source lol)

Britney Spears Quits The X factor USA

Spoiler

Britney Spears quits The X Factor USA ... after learning Simon Cowell was about to sack her

Singer's contract worth $15million and she lasted just one season

Judging style was heavily criticised and she was dubbed 'boring' 

Insiders say she didn't 'connect  with her acts and could barely look at them onstage'

Britney Spears has left The X Factor USA after just one season - after discovering show boss Simon Cowell was about to fire her for being 'boring'.

The 31-year-old singer jumped before she was pushed as Cowell, 53, made plans to terminate her $15million contract after her judging style on the show had been heavily criticised, sources close to the show confirmed to MailOnline.

'Disconnected': Insiders complained Britney would barely look at her contestants on stage during the live round of the show

A source close to production explained: 'Britney and her team knew it was unlikely she'd be asked back as a judge.

'The producers have already been making other plans for next season over the holidays. 

'The reality is that toward the end of last season the main players knew they wanted to replace both Britney and LA Reid. LA Reid wasn't at the top of his game in second season and he knew that.'

Britney's judging was heavily criticised throughout the last season, with critics dubbing her 'boring'.

'It was a very difficult decision': Britney also confirmed she quit The X Factor on Friday, and is rumoured to be planning Vegas show

And show insiders complained that she insisted on having breaks every few contestants during auditions and was often unengaged in the whole process.

Troubled: Britney heads out in Los Angeles on Friday; sadly the fascination with the star did not translate into viewing figures

It was felt Britney didn't connect with her contestants, despite being employed to mentor them. Insiders complained that she would barely look at them on stage during the live round of the show.  

'Most people didn't expect Britney to make it through the season as its a demanding role but she did her best,' said a source.

Although the mother-of-two only lasted on the judges panel for one season it was an incredibly lucrative one. 

A previous report in Us Weekly pointedout that her $15milllion contract had a lot to do with Cowell's decision, with one insider telling the publication: 'They paid all that for her to say 'amazing' and offer half-claps.'

At one time Cowell had  intimated to E! that he'd have Britney back despite telling them he's 'pro change,' he told them: 'I don't know yet, to be honest with you. I haven't had the conversation with her whether she'd want to, what other commitments she's got.'

Fellow judge L.A. Reid  - a long-standing judge - already announced his departure to focus on his record label. 

Midas-alike Cowell has struggled to repeat the success of the smash hit British show since it debuted across the Atlantic in the autumn of 2011.

After the initial disappointing season, Cowell fired judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones in January.

Uncomfortable fit: Mid-way through this last series, Britney was moved from beside Simon so Demi Lovato could sit next to the X Factor mogul 

Barrier: Lovato (next to Cowell here) brushed off her move, claiming it was nothing to do with Spears and more to do with her annoying her and L.A. (far left) by shouting over them to Simon 

He then went all out to get a big name signing; and nobody could argue with Britney's pedigree when she signed on the dotted line for the svengali. 

Not only is she one of the biggest pop stars in the world; but her soap opera past lends the blonde an inherent fascination lacking in other stars. 

But sadly that never translated into her on-screen presence, and Cowell's coup became a damp squib. 

The blonde flubbed lines and often seemed disconnected from the the show's narrative. 

The December 20 second season finale was watched by 9.6 million viewers, down 18 percent from the first season finale.

Teens: Britney worked with an appropriate group and even got close to winning with Carly Rose Sonenclar (far right) but her connection with (L-R) Diamond White, Arin Ray and Beatrice Miller was questioned 

Despite the setbacks, Cowell himself is unlikely to be looking for another job anytime soon.

Artists discovered by the X Factor have sold more than 100 million records worldwide, including 110 No. 1’s, 270 Top 10, and 501 Top 50 releases - and the show has been commissioned in 41 territories.

Cowell - who according to Forbes made $90 million last year alone - also saw his  TV production business, Simco, boosted by 138 per cent last year, mainly due to the launch of the Fox TV talent show.  

Cowell's company also reported that total turnover almost doubled to £54.6m ($87.89m) in the year to 31 March 2012. 

Pop pedigree: Britney is still one of the most talked about stars in the world, but her pedigree never translated to good television 

2 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Here's an article from the Daily Mail. (Its clear Simon is the source lol)

Britney Spears Quits The X factor USA

Hide contents

Britney Spears quits The X Factor USA ... after learning Simon Cowell was about to sack her

Singer's contract worth $15million and she lasted just one season

Judging style was heavily criticised and she was dubbed 'boring' 

Insiders say she didn't 'connect  with her acts and could barely look at them onstage'

Britney Spears has left The X Factor USA after just one season - after discovering show boss Simon Cowell was about to fire her for being 'boring'.

The 31-year-old singer jumped before she was pushed as Cowell, 53, made plans to terminate her $15million contract after her judging style on the show had been heavily criticised, sources close to the show confirmed to MailOnline.

'Disconnected': Insiders complained Britney would barely look at her contestants on stage during the live round of the show

A source close to production explained: 'Britney and her team knew it was unlikely she'd be asked back as a judge.

'The producers have already been making other plans for next season over the holidays. 

'The reality is that toward the end of last season the main players knew they wanted to replace both Britney and LA Reid. LA Reid wasn't at the top of his game in second season and he knew that.'

Britney's judging was heavily criticised throughout the last season, with critics dubbing her 'boring'.

'It was a very difficult decision': Britney also confirmed she quit The X Factor on Friday, and is rumoured to be planning Vegas show

And show insiders complained that she insisted on having breaks every few contestants during auditions and was often unengaged in the whole process.

Troubled: Britney heads out in Los Angeles on Friday; sadly the fascination with the star did not translate into viewing figures

It was felt Britney didn't connect with her contestants, despite being employed to mentor them. Insiders complained that she would barely look at them on stage during the live round of the show.  

'Most people didn't expect Britney to make it through the season as its a demanding role but she did her best,' said a source.

Although the mother-of-two only lasted on the judges panel for one season it was an incredibly lucrative one. 

A previous report in Us Weekly pointedout that her $15milllion contract had a lot to do with Cowell's decision, with one insider telling the publication: 'They paid all that for her to say 'amazing' and offer half-claps.'

At one time Cowell had  intimated to E! that he'd have Britney back despite telling them he's 'pro change,' he told them: 'I don't know yet, to be honest with you. I haven't had the conversation with her whether she'd want to, what other commitments she's got.'

Fellow judge L.A. Reid  - a long-standing judge - already announced his departure to focus on his record label. 

Midas-alike Cowell has struggled to repeat the success of the smash hit British show since it debuted across the Atlantic in the autumn of 2011.

After the initial disappointing season, Cowell fired judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones in January.

Uncomfortable fit: Mid-way through this last series, Britney was moved from beside Simon so Demi Lovato could sit next to the X Factor mogul 

Barrier: Lovato (next to Cowell here) brushed off her move, claiming it was nothing to do with Spears and more to do with her annoying her and L.A. (far left) by shouting over them to Simon 

He then went all out to get a big name signing; and nobody could argue with Britney's pedigree when she signed on the dotted line for the svengali. 

Not only is she one of the biggest pop stars in the world; but her soap opera past lends the blonde an inherent fascination lacking in other stars. 

But sadly that never translated into her on-screen presence, and Cowell's coup became a damp squib. 

The blonde flubbed lines and often seemed disconnected from the the show's narrative. 

The December 20 second season finale was watched by 9.6 million viewers, down 18 percent from the first season finale.

Teens: Britney worked with an appropriate group and even got close to winning with Carly Rose Sonenclar (far right) but her connection with (L-R) Diamond White, Arin Ray and Beatrice Miller was questioned 

Despite the setbacks, Cowell himself is unlikely to be looking for another job anytime soon.

Artists discovered by the X Factor have sold more than 100 million records worldwide, including 110 No. 1’s, 270 Top 10, and 501 Top 50 releases - and the show has been commissioned in 41 territories.

Cowell - who according to Forbes made $90 million last year alone - also saw his  TV production business, Simco, boosted by 138 per cent last year, mainly due to the launch of the Fox TV talent show.  

Cowell's company also reported that total turnover almost doubled to £54.6m ($87.89m) in the year to 31 March 2012. 

Pop pedigree: Britney is still one of the most talked about stars in the world, but her pedigree never translated to good television 

They always said a lot of things. If she ended up being "boring", that's if anything Simon's fault for doing that on the promo tour. She would've probably continued with that character during the live shows if she didn't feel exposed during the promotion of the show.

And those "insider claims" that she didn't even look at the contestants onstage is very dumb, considering there's videos of the performances, and she's always paying attention to them. Even that time when she tries to tell Beatrice to remove that leaf from her hair.

I guess Simon made the smartest decision by replacing her with Paulina Rubio :weusay:

tumblr_mpih4hP3Vj1rlh72zo3_250.gif

I don't think she was hated. The only hate she probably got was probably "Oh she doesn't even sing live who is she to judge" but that comes with every judge in these competitions. Plus I don't think she offered anything extra to the show (which is what Simon probably wanted when he got her on board)  just cause she wasn't really "all there" and wasn't into it and people could tell. She didn't even serve with her looks so this whole thing was a bad idea.

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Damn this is so sad and unfair :wontcry: Poor Brit, only able and healthy when it comes to make cash. I hope she'll keep not working until she gains something. 

1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

:tiffeyeroll:, what did they want her to say "You have the best singing voice I've ever heard :clap:"?

they keep saying they were very rude to him (it's a clip that only shows the televised, edited version) and I'm there explaining the whole full video and how he basically accused her of homophobia and how awkward the whole situation was, including the fact that he was high af

3 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Honestly, I don't get why people think she was bad for being honest to Don Philip on there.... people really sympathized with him but let's be real, his voice was extremely shaky and very clearly deteriorated since the duet with Britney.

Yeah I agree with this. She did the right thing not putting him through, I'm not sure what happened but his voice wasn't that great during the audition. 

8 hours ago, conceptuel said:

she was kinda useless tbh but I don’t remember ppl really hating her she just turned into a meme lol

she was more hated in 2011 for idk which reason with Justin Bieber 

from where i am from they still hate her to this day. no posts for success only bull**** rumors and unflattering pics and questioning every instagram post making her look crazy and people relly believe that :(

2 minutes ago, mfanbs said:

from where i am from they still hate her to this day. no posts for success only bull**** rumors and unflattering pics and questioning every instagram post making her look crazy and people relly believe that :(

in France it's not the case, she's pretty popular esp. with the young gen that has tiktok :beyfedup:

& the press is siding with her despite being insanely trash-worthy:chershade:

57 minutes ago, mfanbs said:

Where r u from?

Archived