Katy Perry's "Smile" tracklist

1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

but in all seriousness...what a joke. We have heard 6 out of 14 tracks and one became a “hit” last year  :ririshade2: I predict that she releases one more single and if it flops she lets the album fade away...

Is that some sort of trend?

Shakira's El Dorado was similar. By the time it came out, it included 4 singles she had already released a year prior, 3 of which weren't even hers :didilie: (SHE was the featured artist). And also one of the "new" tracks was the English version of one of those songs, just featuring another artist instead.

Gloria Trevi did something similar with her latest album Diosa de la Noche. She released 8 singles BEFORE the album came out, and after it was released, it didn't get more singles. It felt more like a compilation album (it only included 4 additional new songs).

I'm not even a Katy Perry fan, but when they do this, it feels almost like a scam :haha: Like, I don't care if they include these stand-alone singles on the album as bonus tracks or something (like, if Pretty Girls and Tom's Diner were included on Glory as bonus). But taking up spots from the actual tracklist where they could've included new songs instead? Like really? Don't they usually record dozens of songs per album, they really don't have any more new material worthy of being released instead? :idkney:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

This is such a mess. Why Katy? :tiffdrink:

I thought she said at some point that her droplets won’t make the final cut for her new album. I was rooting for her this time, but she’s just all over the place. It feels like a rushed album, put together on the last minute because Daisies did nothing. Absolute nothing. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Ofcoursenot said:

Ngl, kinda excited :gimmemoar:

I think is going to be better than Witness:mhm:

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

I agree.

WItness was SO bad and tainted her discography and image to the gp.

Im so glad she got rid of that ugly haircut she had, although I wish she had her beautiful black hair again

I'm sorry but Witness is a GOOD (at least) ALBUM. :lessons::martini: Thank you. :kisses2all::kisses:

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Is that some sort of trend?

Shakira's El Dorado was similar. By the time it came out, it included 4 singles she had already released a year prior, 3 of which weren't even hers :didilie: (SHE was the featured artist). And also one of the "new" tracks was the English version of one of those songs, just featuring another artist instead.

Gloria Trevi did something similar with her latest album Diosa de la Noche. She released 8 singles BEFORE the album came out, and after it was released, it didn't get more singles. It felt more like a compilation album (it only included 4 additional new songs).

I'm not even a Katy Perry fan, but when they do this, it feels almost like a scam :haha: Like, I don't care if they include these stand-alone singles on the album as bonus tracks or something (like, if Pretty Girls and Tom's Diner were included on Glory as bonus). But taking up spots from the actual tracklist where they could've included new songs instead? Like really? Don't they usually record dozens of songs per album, they really don't have any more new material worthy of being released instead? :idkney:

Yeah, idk if its a trend or if it means the artist has lost hope in the album...or that they’re lazy :cheese: Katy or Shakira aren’t though. I think the label knows the album is doomed...what confuses me is that she eluded that NWW, NRO, HIH & ST were stand alone singles. She said Daisies was the lead...yet there are four other singles on the album that came before Daisies....Seems messy :clownery:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I called it! I know she was going to include all 6 singles. In the era we are even though those songs flop they will help with overall sales. funny how daisies was the official lead single but yet had 4 singles before it. 

I’m shocked she didn’t include the original lead single 365 (with zedd). tenor.gif

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

It feels almost like a scam :haha: Like, I don't care if they include these stand-alone singles on the album as bonus tracks or something (like, if Pretty Girls and Tom's Diner were included on Glory as bonus). But taking up spots from the actual tracklist where they could've included new songs instead? Like really? Don't they usually record dozens of songs per album, they really don't have any more new material worthy of being released instead?

THIS. Exactly this. I feel the same way about it. Couldn’t have said it better myself

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Ofcoursenot said:

Witness is not THAT bad, it has some really good songs:

1. Witness
  2. Roulette
  3. Swish Swish
  4. Mind Maze (debatible)
  5. Chained to the R.
  6. Bon Appetit
  7. Pendulum

:katycream:

Tbh the only good songs on Witness,

in THIS order:

1. Bon Appetit 

2. Roulette

3. Witness

4. Swish Swish

4. Into Me You See 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Minus the “open sesame” lyric :britdrown:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Hopefully this shapes up to be a good album. I've liked all her albums for what they were (#justiceforwitness). I do wish though her album image was less clown like/ ridiculous - I get that's her personality, but yikes. Prism was tastefully done, let's go back to that!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block