Hate to say it, But the 2003 VMA performance where M and Brit kissed aged horribly

Spicechinodiva

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it is a fun performance, the reference to Madonna's first VMA performance is a fun idea, and the kiss will remain the most iconic thing to happen to VMAs ever, that's the truth. Buuuut, I have to say other than the kiss, it wasn't nothing spectacular and I feel like it is missing something, and it didn't feel 'big' enough you know? Like, Madonna and Britney are known for their amazing huge performances and this was not it. Idk how to explain lmao. 

On 7/10/2020 at 6:08 PM, Style. said:

Madonna wasn’t in her prime, she was just casually using Britney and Christina for attention.

The whole performance is flawless just because the biggest names in music are attached to it. Who generation Z, though? What has she done? Gimme ha numbah :didilie:

This. Madge was literally in her worst era ever. American Life had amazing music and visuals, but because she spoke out against Bush, she was literally blacklisted. :umomg: Hell, she's still never recovered, though she's managed to get some additional hits since then.

Even if you leave the kiss it's a really good performance.

The whole wedding theme. Britney and Christina as the two wives of Madonna who was the husband, Britney coming from the wedding cake(while Xtina coming from the side:weusay:) Britney singing Like a Virgin(which i found out was a song about an**l s***:jtum:) . Both brides throwing the veil when the groom showes up and then Madonna giving the hat and the coat to her wives and Britney putting the mike in her breasts. Then the whole gartel removal and ending the wedding with the kiss and the afterparty. The whole thing is a bisexual wedding and it's iconic.

It's one of the few Britney performances with a theme and a story.:orly:

And Christina gets mad that during her kiss the camera pans out to Justin but it also panned out to him when she messed up the choreo:umwtf:

Archived