Exhale 30 Day Song Challenge [DAY 9]

Roxxy

FB_IMG_1594302934619.thumb.jpg.7158e0712bd5246df35408e155e3d3a1.jpg

Hi Exhale! :imacat:

Wow! We really exposed ourselves yesterday. We now know our big brothers and sisters, and who are the infants. :gloss: It's so funny to read your reactions about each other's age... and the realization that some of us are old.:blol:

TRIVIA: The oldest entry comes from the year 1978, while the newest (or in this case youngest) entry is 2006. That's a 28 year gap! :scalped:

Because I specifically asked for hits, you all came through with real, bonafide, and unquestionable hits. :comingthru: And because of that, we produced the best compilation so far. It's literally hit after hit after hit after hit. :yeahhh:

A song that was a hit in the year you were born

Also, I'd like to ask for prayers for Naya Rivera. Let's have one minute of silence and pray for her. #PrayersForNaya

So let's start!

DAY 9: A song that makes you sad.

*** ONE SONG PER EXHALER.

*** You may use a song already posted by your fellow Exhaler. 

TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
Roxxy

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

There You'll Be - Faith Hill 💛🧡💜

I can't listen to this song without crying. I can't even get through singing it in full without crying.

This is one of the two songs that my Aunt Doedy always requests for me to sing when we have karaoke nights at her house. This is her favorite. She passed away in 2014 due to breast cancer. I miss her so much. She was literally my second mom growing up and omg i'm crying right now as i'm typing this. I was an only child for 20 years and my mom was never home most of the time and i don't like my step dad. I always just call the maids and make them hang out with me in my room to watch Britney DVDs.

My Aunt Doedy would always call to check on me and when the maids tell her that my mom is out of town, she would send her driver to pick me up and i'll spend the night at their house or the entire weekend. She never wanted me to feel alone and lonely. She would always ask me what I want. Always. She would always send something whenever she feels like i'm sad or whatever. She'll buy me a new bag or shoes when i'm sad. She bought me my first Fantasy bottle. She bought five actually. I love her so much and I miss her. I tried singing this song 2 years ago during karaoke night and I broke down. I really couldn't finish it.

Tata, if you're watching... I love you.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF
get well hug GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

There You'll Be - Faith Hill 💛🧡💜

I can't listen to this song without crying. I can't even get through singing it in full without crying.

This is one of the two songs that my Aunt Doedy always requests for me to sing when we have karaoke nights at her house. This is her favorite. She passed away in 2014 due to breast cancer. I miss her so much. She was literally my second mom growing up and omg i'm crying right now as i'm typing this. I was an only child for 20 years and my mom was never home most of the time and i don't like my step dad. I always just call the maids and make them hang out with me in my room to watch Britney DVDs.

My Aunt Doedy would always call to check on me and when the maids tell her that my mom is out of town, she would send her driver to pick me up and i'll spend the night at their house or the entire weekend. She never wanted me to feel alone and lonely. She would always ask me what I want. Always. She would always send something whenever she feels like i'm sad or whatever. She'll buy me a new bag or shoes when i'm sad. She bought me my first Fantasy bottle. She bought five actually. I love her so much and I miss her. I tried singing this song 2 years ago during karaoke night and I broke down. I really couldn't finish it.

Tata, if you're watching... I love you.

Ugh this song makes me so sad too because of the movie Pearl Harbor where I first heard it growing up :kidcries:

• Love 1

i mean it is an empowerment song, but i guess it begs you to feel all the sadness first for you to be able to release it all and move forward. :otears:

and it makes it even sadder that the person singing it, telling you to be strong, was defeated by his own weakness :crying4: #RIPChesterBennington 

• Love 4