Exhale 30 Day Song Challenge [DAY 9]

Roxxy

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This was going to be my pick! But I thought it was finally @AmorProhibidos chance to shine through with a Selena song, but not you doing it Eartha :urite: I ALWAYS get teary eyed cause it reminds me of 

Sorry @AmorProhibido I love this song so much, I literally start crying the first 3 seconds I can't even finish listening to it.

• Love 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

4 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Sorry @AmorProhibido I love this song so much, I literally start crying the first 3 seconds I can't even finish listening to it.

:haha: Don't apologize, I'm so happy people are posting her songs on here. :hugs: I would've chosen Dreaming Of You too, but Como La Flor physically causes me pain. If I'm being honest, her entire discography makes me sad, including Amor Prohibido. It's only recently that I've managed to not lose my s.hit over Dreaming Of You. Well, until it starts playing in the movie. :kidcries:

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Why didn't you have an entry yesterday. :lessons:

The people who hate me are one of the first to arrive on my thread and can't resist not posting on my threads and yet you missed Day 8. What a flop boyfriend. :mattafact:

:o sorry Pony I thought I did.

Where these haters at ? let me catch someone being disrespectful 

giphy.gif

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

6 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I think it's obvious why this song makes me sad. :wontcry: Dreaming Of You is also a depressing song at times, but Como La Flor just destroys my soul. There is something very melancholy about it. Selena was amazing about feeling songs, and the pain in her voice is tangible. Makes my heart hurt just thinking about it. :(

Yes! Especially when she’s calming the rowdy crowd in the movie :mcry:

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yes! Especially when she’s calming the rowdy crowd in the movie :mcry:

It's hard for me to watch that scene because it reminds me too much of the Hillsborough disaster. :omggg: But yes, truly iconic. :barbie: Only Selena could tell a crowd to shut the f.uck up and get them to actually do it.

• Love 3

I remember seeing Green Day play this at a festival in 2013 (some of you were like 7 or 8 then :jl:) apparently they don't play it often. But I started uncontrollably bawling my eyes out, I hate crying in front of anyone so I was well annoyed.

Makes me think of the various people I've lost, whether by death or other circumstances. It represents death of a lot of things for me really, not just people.

• Love 6

Omg, I'm so stupid - I'm always so late to these threads because I still keep thinking they're the same one... I swear I'm going to have dementia by the time I'm 30. :gtfo: Usually, lyrics alone aren't enough to make me sad, but this song by Lily Allen is the whole package (it's a depression anthem about substance abuse and feeling completely numb):

The first verse is lowkey gut-wrenching:

"I feel it in my gut

I'm gonna let you **** me

I know I'm being used

I'm just another thing to do

I don't know why I do it to myself

Giving all my worth to someone else"

:ehum:

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I'm sorryyyy ugh I was going to send it to you but when I went to copy it the DVD wasn't in the case.  Some h0e in my family thought it would be okay to take it out without putting it back and now it's gone.

You were gonna do that for me? :omggg: Omg please find it. I need to watch this film so I can be the pop culture-d bich I always say I am. :tiffdrink:

• Love 1