Exhale 30 Day Song Challenge [DAY 9]

Roxxy

19 minutes ago, Itachi said:

i mean it is an empowerment song, but i guess it begs you to feel all the sadness first for you to be able to release it all and move forward. :otears:

and it makes it even sadder that the person singing it, telling you to be strong, was defeated by his own weakness :crying4: #RIPChesterBennington 

Omg, you're a fan as well? God. I couldn't listen to any of their songs for months after he passed away. I still get emotional so I choose to ignore their music unless I'm feeling very blue. This song in particular sends me to heaven while making me cry. The bridge is one of the best things they've ever done. I don't know what to say but Chester's death broke me and changed the hell out of me. He had been one of my childhood heroes that I never got the chance to meet and will never do, sadly. May his soul rest in peace since he couldn't find it while being alive. Gosh. I wish I had picked this song instead. Thank you for this. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

I’ve said this 3 days in a row, but this one was hard for me. :o I listen to a lot of sad music, but it doesn’t necessarily make me feel sad, I just enjoy the peacefulness, thoughtfulness, and reflection that a lot of sad songs have. 

I’m choosing Ride by Lana Del Rey. This song was pretty much my peak depression song. I just remember listening to it in the middle of winter in the dark and just being super isolated and alone. I rarely listen to this song anymore just because it brings back so many bad memories and such a dark time in my life. Man, I’ve come a long way :nochillbrit:

Lana can make everyone cry, a fact :crying1:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Omg, you're a fan as well? God. I couldn't listen to any of their songs for months after he passed away. I still get emotional so I choose to ignore their music unless I'm feeling very blue. This song in particular sends me to heaven while making me cry. The bridge is one of the best things they've ever done. I don't know what to say but Chester's death broke me and changed the hell out of me. He had been one of my childhood's heroes that I never got the chance to meet and will never do, sadly. May his soul rest in peace since he couldn't find it while being alive. Gosh. I wish I had picked this song instead. Thank you for this. 

i had their first 2 albums and the remix reanimation album, but once i came out, i think that may have influenced my taste in music a bit. i still listen to their subsequent single releases and this one really stood out. it kinda makes me sad but comforting at the same time. like normalizing the "it's okay to feel sad" instead of trying to force you out of it. Chester and LP will always have a special place in my heart because their music is a huge part of me growing up, side by side with those of Britney and Avril Lavigne.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I have a personal story regarding this song. Its too personal but yeah...i can’t listen to this song however its the first song that came to mind when you mentioned ‘sad’

Omg My Immortal also makes me sad too! :wontcry:

But it's such a slay when I sing it. :chrissy:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Billie Eilish- I Love You

This song is so pure and beautiful. Its just Billies voice and Finneas guitar. People often make fun of her whispering vocals, but when it comes to songs like this, the delicate and broken voice makes it so soothing and heart-wrenching. Hearing this song is through earphones or headphones is an amazing experience. Always saddens my mood when i listen to this song.

I think it's obvious why this song makes me sad. :wontcry: Dreaming Of You is also a depressing song at times, but Como La Flor just destroys my soul. There is something very melancholy about it. Selena was amazing about feeling songs, and the pain in her voice is tangible. Makes my heart hurt just thinking about it. :(

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Midnight said:

@Roxxy here I am Pony 

Why didn't you have an entry yesterday. :lessons:

The people who hate me are one of the first to arrive on my thread and can't resist not posting on my threads and yet you missed Day 8. What a flop boyfriend. :mattafact:

• Haha 2