Do you guys follow music blogs / podcasts / YouTube channels?

Hi, everyone! 

My friend and I are thinking of starting a music blog, and I want to make sure something like this doesn't already exist first, so please let me know if it does in any form! I'm obviously a huge pop fan, and he's into more niche artists, so we want to take turns reviewing music the other person likes (and offer both of our perspectives on new releases). Examples of things I would have him react to include Britney's unreleased tracks/B-sides (Mona Lisa, the Rebellion snippet, etc.), the Spice Girls' solo music, and Kylie Minogue's music in general (we're in America, and she's not as well-known here).

What are your thoughts? Does this sound like a blog you'd wanna follow? Any particular artists/bodies of work you'd like reviewed? Would anyone be interested in occasionally contributing to it? Lmk! :sendinglove:blog.jpg.702c336ab49305561a3b5aad194aeb51.jpg

• Leader

Hey @CandyCoatedHeartShapes welcome to Exhale 👋 

I'm not a big follower on YT for some reason. I just never gravitated towards that. I do however listen to a lot of life coaching, money, marketing and business podcasts. I feel like I am bettering my mind when I consume content like that. 

Love these (these are the most-recent episodes):

Also, regarding your idea... my advice is to do what you love and people WILL gravitate towards that. If starting a new project where you discuss these various items inspires you, I say go for it. If you build it, they will come 🙏 
10 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Hey @CandyCoatedHeartShapes welcome to Exhale 👋 

I'm not a big follower on YT for some reason. I just never gravitated towards that. I do however listen to a lot of life coaching, money, marketing and business podcasts. I feel like I am bettering my mind when I consume content like that. 

Love these (these are the most-recent episodes):

Also, regarding your idea... my advice is to do what you love and people WILL gravitate towards that. If starting a new project where you discuss these various items inspires you, I say go for it. If you build it, they will come 🙏 

Thanks for the welcome and the podcast recs, @Jordan Miller! It was so inspiring to read the recent BH/Exhale anniversary posts and seeing your idea grow into such an incredible community. :yay:

• Super Mods

Yeah there are a lot of music commentary channels and podcast but it never hurts to be another one.  

Whats annoying about podcasts is a lot of them are just taped conversations and many just go off on tangents and try to be funny that it overshadows the subject they are talking about. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I'm just helping ha out with their channel. I believe if ha friend is cute, that might be good for attracting viewers. :bigkiss:

In that case, bring on the *****. We're helping you with the podcast! 5565dcea92a1994ca436c23a6bb91571.gif 

Jk,

OP, whenever you're ready with the project, post it! Would support it!

7 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

original.gif

Text based like, Gossipboy, honest, and Pop Dissected?

Idk what any of those are. I'm such a :flop:.

I meant we'll be writing articles on a blog, not starting a podcast or YT channel. I just wanted to make sure a blog, podcast, or YT channel didn't already exist with that same concept, if that makes sense. Don't worry, we'll link to our socials, so you can  still Internet-stalk my friend lol. 

9 minutes ago, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

I meant we'll be writing articles on a blog, not starting a podcast or YT channel. I just wanted to make sure a blog, podcast, or YT channel didn't already exist with that same concept, if that makes sense. Don't worry, we'll link to our socials, so you can  still Internet-stalk my friend lol. 

Oh it's a Blog. Sorry. I was thinking of vlog. :blol: The ones I mentioned are channels that do reviews and stuff on Youtube. And I need his socials now. :lessons: For research purposes of course. :mattafact:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block