Nicki Minaj has the worst discography in all of music (opinion)

15 minutes ago, Britneyspearsandmlol said:

Ok I agree her discography is bad and that’s me being polite. 

I’m not defending her discography in any way because she has some TERRIBLE songs it was clear she was just about the hot 100 entries and not about quality. Some of her raps are good (kissing strangers and side to side) and some are pure trash in my opinion. She is so inconsistent which makes me wonder if she really writes the good ones. I mean cuz if you did wouldn’t all your tracks be that good? 

but I actually love masquerade, to me the song is about self acceptance “You can be who you want/ Be who you is never be what you aren't“ I think that songs have different meanings for different people and I love come see about me, her sadness is so real. I feel like she is singing from the heart on that track. 

I stan those two tracks but I agree with your point 

She always boasts that she writes her own raps but it’s clear she has assistance. It’s several different songwriters credited along with her on every single song, and we all know safaree wrote for her in the beginning. She’s just a mess and when you look at her discography as a whole, it’s clear why she’s never won a Grammy.

• Like 4

This is quiet a stretch, The Pink Print was a phenomenal album, with bars to match any male counterparts in the rap game. Queen is also a great album she just decided to put every single song that she recorded during that era  in the album. Nicki Minaj is a beast and always will be.

1 minute ago, Jayjukebox said:

This is quiet a stretch, The Pink Print was a phenomenal album, with bars to match any male counterparts in the rap game. Queen is also a great album she just decided to put every single song that she recorded during that era  in the album. Nicki Minaj is a beast and always will be.

Nobody is saying she doesn’t have great songs. The pink print was by far her best album. But when you compare her entire discography, all of her songs, including features, there are more bad songs than good. That’s the problem with nickis catalog. It’s a travesty 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Nobody is saying she doesn’t have great songs. The pink print was by far her best album. But when you compare her entire discography, all of her songs, including features, there are more bad songs than good. That’s the problem with nickis catalog. It’s a travesty 

I actually believe she has more great songs than bad ones. Her good songs definitely outweigh the bad ones, but that’s just me.🤷🏾‍♂️ 

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

@JordanMiller Why did a hate thread get featured? What kind of discussions are we encouraging?

How is this a hate thread? I clearly say in the post I was a barb from 2008-2014 (reading comprehension is a must). It’s a fact that Nicki’s discography is drowning in subpar songs that even Iggy Azalea would be embarrassed to release. Now, run along to another thread.

7 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Why did a hate thread get featured? What kind of discussions are we encouraging?

Welp. Some of these people I guarantee have definitely come from the stan wars group.

I suggest  @JordanMiller talks to a few people like Jeremy Miles,etc to understand that some of the posts definitely reek of groups and pages.

But that's all I gotta say. Cos this post was definitely intended to drag her and the people that liked her. And it worked. 

She got y'all riled up defending her. Like a typical stan war. 

Faint Fainting GIF by Sesame Street

:jl:

She really does. There are a couple of  good songs on her albums (like maybe 2 or 3 per album), but the rest of her songs are atrocious. It's also hilarious that the vast majority of her Top 10 hits are songs she's featured on; she can barely get a hit on her own these days but the Barbs swear she's still the Queen of Rap™.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Welp. Some of these people I guarantee have definitely come from the stan wars group.

I suggest  @JordanMiller talks to a few people like Jeremy Miles,etc to understand that some of the posts definitely reek of groups and pages.

But that's all I gotta say. Cos this post was definitely intended to drag her and the people that liked her. And it worked. 

She got y'all riled up defending her. Like a typical stan war. 

Faint Fainting GIF by Sesame Street

:jl:

So because someone has an opinion that Nicki’s overall discography is terrible is intended to drag her and her fans? No. Maybe it’s a post intended to show that she has some things to work on. I said in my post that I was once a barb and that she has bops. But some of her bad songs are really, really bad...and it’s a lot of them lol. It’s not that serious. will ferrell chill GIF

• Like 2

Nicki Minaj Is The Queen Of Rap...

Her Newest Song And Video Are Still

Number 1 on US ITunes As We Speak...

Everyone has an opinion...Don’t Always 
Need To Share It Though...

‘She Has Been Apart Of Well Over 100

Songs...Find Some You Like,

And Keep The Hate Train Moving....

Sincerely, 

‘A Fan Of Art,

(Personal Opinions Are Personal Opinions)

I've only heard The Pinkprint and Queen in full, but they were spectacular. :bareclap:

While I don't agree with everything she does in her personal life, I do think that she's the Queen of Rap and there's no denying the amount of talent that woman possesses. :nicki2:

WHO HAD EMINEM ON THE FIRST ALBUM? WHO HAD KANYE SAYIN SHE A PROBLEM???

nicki minaj birthday GIF

• Like 2

I just wish she would ditch the “twerking in a pool” videos/vibes and make REAL music like she did for The Pinkprint (minus Anaconda, but that was a BOP so whatever). She’s trying tooooo hard to compete with these new girls while everyone knows she’s the true queen *sigh*. Imma wait patiently. basketball wives tea GIF by VH1

• Haha 1

I kinda see the point of this thread. Nicki has either songs I really like or songs I despise. My faves are Right Thru Me, Moment 4 Life, High School, Chun-Li, Barbie Dreams. You can't deny tho the long career she had and the impact on the genre and the other female rappers. Also, her as a featuring artist really enlightened songs: Swish Swish, I'm Out, Monster (her verse ended careers, and I'm no fan of her). 

• Like 2

I actually like pink friday: roman reloaded as a whole :pieceofwhat: The album is chaotic and messy (like Roman Holiday) but is also full of bops and I can't say that I really dislike any of the songs. Even Stupid *** is more funny than cringy for me :pieceofwhat:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Too bad she's a trash human being. We don't support that.:fran:
late edit: OK but I can't even lie I do bop to her music every once in a while and she is undoubtedly an iconic figure in rap and hip hop tbqfh. I just really dislike her nasty attitude and her personal life choices.

• Like 3

I love Nicki’s pop and gritty rap songs.... I’ve listened to her entire discography, and it is gold!!! She is an amazing lyricist, and I love so many of her songs .... she is truly talented in my opinion so I heavily disagree..... I’ve also been to her Pink Friday tour and Pinkprint Tour, and she is an amazing performer as well! Pink Friday album ... amazing. Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.... amazing. Pinkprint... amazing. Queen... amazing. Sure there are a few songs I could do without... and I mean VERY few. But she is a unique artist that has set the bar high for female rappers to follow. And I love the way she blended pop and rap in the early 2010’s.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block