Why did Normani’s "Motivation" flop?

Normani flopped because she didn't come with anything original. the video came off like i was watching some youtube people reenact other peoples iconic moments. Plus the song sounded (probably was) like a Ariana Reject, she sounded to much like Ari and not herself.  she need to refocus with a team of writers, make material from scratch and not take peoples rejects. BTW where is her follow up single? hasn't been like more an 8 months since motivation? 

Nicki Minaj Side Eye GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I Loved "Check On It”, One Of The Best Songs Of 2006 Imo.  Beyoncè  Do The Song Justice.  It’s A Perfect Blend Of Hip Hop, R&B, And Pop, Just Sung By The Wrong Artist.  If Someone Like Rihanna Or Even Dare I Say Camilla Cabello Would Have Been Much Better At The Song.  :howiroll:

f3cb1a15f5d8cd301f6b0dacfabe4bad.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Well , it's not exactly a flop , but also I didn't love the song , it was cute and that's it , the video however is real dope, I think she could also promote it more aggressively but I don't understand why is she waiting so long to release an album?? :wonka:

• Love 1

She’s super talented but the music wasn’t that good AND I think her attitude doesn’t make her any favor. She acts too diva too soon. Like girl relax, who do you think you are? Beyoncé? She doesn’t seem humble at all, and people usually dislike that, even more if you’re not a big deal in the industry (by yourself) yet.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, PARKBOM said:

Literally THIS.

The hype only lasted like 5 minutes.

Her team should’ve taken advantage back then with all the “Motivation” buzz.. 

:smokney2: 

Omg another Bommie fan ❤️ i live for the kween of kpop, a legend. Can't wait for some new singles:fakecry:

• Love 2

I don't care for her, though she has a nice tone when singing, but I see people here complaining that her song was an Ariana reject. So? Remember that Baby One More Time was a TLC reject, I'm A Slave 4 U was a Janet Jackson reject, Toxic was a Kylie Minogue reject, and Mood Ring is a Chainsmokers reject.

• Love 2

Since no one else has the balls to say it...shes an African American woman trying to find her niche in the pop world.  Everyone expects African Americans to do ‘urban’ music. RCA tried to make Tinashe turn into a pop act and look how that turned out. I’m not saying it can’t be done but I am saying she has her work cut out for her. 

I enjoyed the music video but I didn’t connect to the song and I tried... I really liked her VMA performance and thats what got me into her but then...NOTHING. She did a couple of other off air performances and disappeared. 

Now shes a lingerie model :idkha:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say it flopped but it needed more promo to really grab hold.  Just one good VMA performance isn't going to do the trick  especially for a newer artist.  She needed to be on TV shows and all over.  But she was on the Ariana tour.

I do think she's missing her chances though of really exploding.  She needs to release a full album and really promote and back it.  She did the Love Lies performance that got people talking about how talented she was and then the Motivation video got people fired up again but these were months a part.  And since the VMA's the video and song has gone away without anything new since last September.  And that was supposed to be her lead single right?

I think she needs a new team.

• Love 1

I do think that her label had a lot to do with the song not reaching its full potential. I think that it started out with so much traction, so many celebrities standing with and commending the song and the video. It was promoted with one performance, at the VMASs and that was it. Even when the remix was released, it was not went out to radio, nor was there further promotion, or activity. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block