Why did Normani’s "Motivation" flop?

Hey Exhalers, @JordanMiller

Normani’s Motivation was supposed to be her big break. The intro makes me laugh now and I feel bad. Normani has BIG industry players backing her, I loved this song and follow her. I’m still shocked nothing else has been released from her. Her time is ticking. Why has she not become the world’s biggest thing yet ? 
She is mega talented, is she even recording new music ? 
i feel like she takes really long breaks for an artist that’s looking to become mainstream. 

The music video was beautiful and the song was great. It was a total ear worm. What a shame :rupaulslap:

normani.jpg

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

dated

I really enjoyed it because of its dated sound which may sound odd lol :makeup:  but I can imagine me saying in 2031, 
“music used to be so great” then turning on Motivation and think to myself this is the sound of the late 10’s :tbh:

Motivation is one of my top 25 most played on Apple Music... I loved it!! Not sure why I didn’t hear it on the radio more often... I think she’s super talented, and I wish her all the success in the world, but I will say that she doesn’t have that unique and recognizable voice that I believe really makes a true superstar. Regardless I hope she comes out with something new? It’s like after that she just kinda stopped. I loved the song with Megan Thee Stallion but where are you sis? :jj:

• Love 2

I don't think it sounded unique enough...for me it immediately song reminded me lots of Beyonce's "Check On It" with the syncopation, etc. And we've heard big trumpets plenty on other songs relatively recently. I think it was primarily her performance and the video elevated the song as much as it  got to, but I don't think the actual song quality holds up IMO :whatitellu:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GimmeMore17 said:

I don't think it sounded unique enough...for me it immediately song reminded me lots of Beyonce's "Check On It" with the syncopation, etc. And we've heard big trumpets plenty on other songs relatively recently. I think it was primarily her performance and the video elevated the song as much as it  got to, but I don't think the actual song quality holds up IMO :whatitellu:

I think like 80% of its hype it received was because of its music video :frenchy:

Btw,

Welcome to Exhale @GimmeMore17

welcome GIF
Come to breathe heavy, and spill the tea :sendinglove:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block