Why did Normani’s "Motivation" flop?

The song was ok, I workout to it. Maybe it wasn't a total flop,but I get what you say: she didn't really become famous after it. To me, there is nothing unique or special about her or the song. Cool song, but it sounds slightly dated. Not trying to compare, but even though I am not a huge fan, nor do I think she is that groundbreaking, Eillish -for instance- has her own thing and she seems to have a clearer vision of her whys. That, as an artist is huge. Normani seems to repeat the exact steps of any game hungry spiring pop star. Her whole shtick transpires "doooode I wanna be famous. Look at me, Imma so cool".

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
13 hours ago, PARKBOM said:

A living legend in Kpop!!

Love you got stanning !!!

I love coming across Bommie fans.

flawless taste ❤️
source.gif

Living legend you can look but don't touch. 

park bom GIF

I hope she releases one upbeat song tbh :mhm: something like can't nobody or i am the best, or come back home at least. It would do her well as a solo artists, ballads can get you only so far.

• Love 2

I think it was a great song. Max Martin produced it. However he produces for many of the artists who chart high on billboard and the sound of that song was actually retro. It could have been a bop in in the 2000s. The video was a retrospective as well. 

perhaps if she had performed on the daytime and late night show circuit it would have attached the successful song and video to her name and put her in more households.

because what people recognize even more about her name is that she’s ‘that *****’. (Nicki Minaj)

If she really wants the coverage she will have it. She’s great.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Living legend you can look but don't touch. 

park bom GIF

I hope she releases one upbeat song tbh :mhm: something like can't nobody or i am the best, or come back home at least. It would do her well as a solo artists, ballads can get you only so far.

YES TO ALL OF THAT :bop:

we also need another GOTTA BE YOU from her! She made that song!!

It’s my all time fave  :yesplease:
source.gif

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Bigno said:

Her whole shtick transpires "doooode I wanna be famous. Look at me, Imma so cool".

This. I don't get any star vibes from her just a star-wannabe fan girl vibe. She just doesn't seem to have the X factor Britney, or let's say Beyonce since I kinda hear she'll be the next Beyonce or sth (gurl :cackling:). Not shading her btw she is talented, that's just my opinion according to whole motivation era. I never cared about fifth harmony so don't know what she really is about.

• Love 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Normani just announced she's going to be a face for Urban Decay makeup.

I feel like everyone's trying to put too many irons in the fire and just either get their money while they can or see what works best.  But I fee like if you honestly want to be a singer then you need to focus on the music!  If you keep doing these advertisements and promotionals then you just look like a glorified influencer. 

She needs to put out an amazing album, back it with great videos & performances....establish herself and then these things will fall into place. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 7:31 PM, none said:

I don't care for her, though she has a nice tone when singing, but I see people here complaining that her song was an Ariana reject. So? Remember that Baby One More Time was a TLC reject, I'm A Slave 4 U was a Janet Jackson reject, Toxic was a Kylie Minogue reject, and Mood Ring is a Chainsmokers reject.

Are you comparing Normani to Britney?

its Britney, *****!!!! :barbie:

I love her but I actually think she did tooo much in her vma performance n it wasn’t smooth it looked she was a mini Beyoncé on 5 Red Bull’s n or more was jumping all over the place. There wasn’t any star factor maybe she was nervous idk... It just looked To much in my opinion . Love the song though ..n her I want her to win.

I Perfer her love lies bbma performance that really stood out it was **** n smooth. 

Everyone was HYPED for Normani’s star to rise after this video came out.  And then all momentum died and the song didn’t have staying power.  She should’ve had a bigger hit lined up after this.  Instead she does a soundtrack song with Megan the stallion that goes nowhere.  She just doesn’t have good songs, or any kind of versatility.  It was fun seeing an homage to all the 90s and early 2000s videos tho.

:clap:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block