Ariana Grande goes on an unfollowing spree on Instagram

2 minutes ago, ExXL said:

I would suggest that you don't take things TOO Seriously , this is a pop culture forum after all :raven: if you don't like someone's opinion just refrain from interacting with them , the internet is a free place to express our thoughts and feelings , don't waste your energy in such insignificant subjects... :byesmoke:

Yeh I blocked her, I think she’s a pretty silly exhaler. Very Cliquey, yeh b of course the energy on this topic finished yesterday tbh 

1 hour ago, sullivanSP said:

Yeh I blocked her, I think she’s a pretty silly exhaler. Very Cliquey, yeh b of course the energy on this topic finished yesterday tbh 

Can we please all just calm down. For real. We all have different opinions and ideas and that's okay! We all come from different backgrounds and environments - obviously we're going to think differently. That's to be expected and it's okay! As someone who is a Gen Zer, I got that it was a meme and thought it was funny. Was it the wrong place and time for it? Maybe, depends on the person. Was it controversial? Again, it can be. It depends on how it's looked at. The same can be said for just about everything in the world. 

Now, I know when people throw around the term Gen Z as an insult, it gets our generation pissed. I get it. I got on someone about it yesterday who didn't have any ill intentions behind it. We're a very defensive generation, and that's somewhat of a natural thing. People are quick to the point the finger at the newest generation, whether we're in the wrong or not. When you get insulted like that, the best thing to do is to just take a step back, breathe, and maybe even remove yourself entirely from the situation. 

Instead, you started to target and go after not only the mods, but some senior Exhalers, which is most definitely not a good look. These are the people who have high reputations, have been on for years, and are well liked. While you may clash with them from time to time, it doesn't mean you should behave the way you did.

When someone calls you overly sensitive, before replying, check to see if that's the case. Ask yourself if maybe you popped off without meaning to. If you're in the right, calmly reply with your side that can be backed up by real facts. Be polite. Don't drag people on here, especially OG Exhalers and mods. It's the quickest way to end your Exhale career and ruin what could be a great experience for everyone. I say this with love, @sullivanSP :sendinglove: I'm not trying to antagonize but I do want to help our generation's reputation. By acting the way you have been on this thread, you're feeding into it. You can very easily change that. 

To everyone else involved, excuse me for suddenly making myself a part of this. I just want some of the newer Exhalers to remember this is a place of love, not hate. :bigkiss:

• Love 5
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, ExXL said:

They should use their platform to raise awareness, there's nothing political in defending a fellow human being from ****** , it's an act of kindness and showing the little bit of humanity that is left in this world ...... These people are not robots , besides their jobs they also have a personal life and they're entitled to their opinions just like you, they're not here just to entertain you and die . If you don't care about that tragedy there's no point in even arguing because clearly you don't care about justice or standing for what's right. :mj:

There’s no point in arguing with you because you jump to conclusions and judge ppl. You’re part of the problem. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

That’s exactly what you did. You said I don’t care about this tragedy, when I never said that anywhere. And this will be my last response to you. 

I did not say that .:nyschool:

I said IF , my point was that celebrities and entertainers are entitled to have an opinion . They are not plants . So please don't mince my words . Thank you :joanne:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AmorProhibido said:

Can we please all just calm down. For real. We all have different opinions and ideas and that's okay! We all come from different backgrounds and environments - obviously we're going to think differently. That's to be expected and it's okay! As someone who is a Gen Zer, I got that it was a meme and thought it was funny. Was it the wrong place and time for it? Maybe, depends on the person. Was it controversial? Again, it can be. It depends on how it's looked at. The same can be said for just about everything in the world. 

Now, I know when people throw around the term Gen Z as an insult, it gets our generation pissed. I get it. I got on someone about it yesterday who didn't have any ill intentions behind it. We're a very defensive generation, and that's somewhat of a natural thing. People are quick to the point the finger at the newest generation, whether we're in the wrong or not. When you get insulted like that, the best thing to do is to just take a step back, breathe, and maybe even remove yourself entirely from the situation. 

Instead, you started to target and go after not only the mods, but some senior Exhalers, which is most definitely not a good look. These are the people who have high reputations, have been on for years, and are well liked. While you may clash with them from time to time, it doesn't mean you should behave the way you did.

When someone calls you overly sensitive, before replying, check to see if that's the case. Ask yourself if maybe you popped off without meaning to. If you're in the right, calmly reply with your side that can be backed up by real facts. Be polite. Don't drag people on here, especially OG Exhalers and mods. It's the quickest way to end your Exhale career and ruin what could be a great experience for everyone. I say this with love, @sullivanSP :sendinglove: I'm not trying to antagonize but I do want to help our generation's reputation. By acting the way you have been on this thread, you're feeding into it. You can very easily change that. 

To everyone else involved, excuse me for suddenly making myself a part of this. I just want some of the newer Exhalers to remember this is a place of love, not hate. :bigkiss:

Girl no. Your telling me if someone says they’re “disappointed” or “Sensitive” over something you wouldn’t defend yourself ?

• Content Curators
19 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I took a shower and what is happening. Omg not Sulli being a sensitive Gen Z. :omg:

not u dragging gen zrs into this hhhh

tbh gen zrs have been using that africana joke for the longest time but

i like my gen cause we bring important topics to light and use social media to help minorities and the problems in this world

what do yall millennials do :deserves:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

I want to start off by asking you to read this in full and really try to internalize it in the most inoffensive way possible.  It's getting to a limit and i know i'm going to receive a lot of flack for this from your friends here simply because that's the culture that has persisted in the last few months.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop throwing shade at me by referring to 'members that cancelled themselves'.  We had a disagreement that was blown out of proportion but the bottom line is, you are not moderating appropriately. That is where this disagreement began. Long before you joined i was making posts. I don't regret having a voice and you shouldn't attempt to silence other's because you view a particular age group as hypersensitive. Educate yourself on why these things are being disputed. 

You are supposed to be controlling situations and by reacting to them in the first place, you are actually engaging in something whether or not you believe you installed something or not. Do you know why other moderators were brought in after our little fall out? It wasn't just because I was in the wrong. You certainly have some responsibility in that as well, but at least i can own up to that. 

Want to get into cancel culture, we can. There is a huge difference between using your platform for advocacy and using it to simply destroy someone's character.  Not making fun of someone for saying that perhaps the joke was in poor taste given that thousands are coming out of quarantine risking their lives for black people. People are ******* dying in the world. Black people! it's not about hypersensitivity or a generational gap that you continue to reference to defend your lack of understanding for these issues. 

I too don't think that what @iAlwaysSingLive was particularly offensive given that he it was referencing a meme, but i can also see why a black person would feel a little uncomfortable given that their people are being slaughtered on a weekly basis. What Ariana has been saying about BLM is great actually amidst controversies of her tanning. i don't think you or anyone on here can tell a black person how to feel about issues that involve or parody the characters of black people.  If they feel a certain way, you take a step back. That's something i've tried working really hard on. 

I don't expect you to understand that, but I am kindly asking for you to at least try during times like these where it is already so divisive. to perhaps understand that what you're doing is the exact opposite of what you're intending to stand for.  You are a good person, Roxxy. I think the way both of us artculate things at time get lost in translation. 

For all we know this user, @sullivanSPcould be black and genuinely traumatized by current events. Please start thinking about others, others outside of this website. 

Sending you positivity and light!!! :) 

Yes I’ve risen the issue of her not moderating properly on numerous occasions. I did feel bullied on the thread I am not going to lie. No one understood me, I felt like the ring leader tried to cancel me there and then for voicing out my concern 

2 hours ago, sullivanSP said:

Girl no. Your telling me if someone says they’re “disappointed” or “Sensitive” over something you wouldn’t defend yourself ?

2 hours ago, sullivanSP said:

I love this thread by the way guys :makeup: @AmorProhibido it was enjoyable not gonna lie 😘♥️ 

No, I would defend myself. But I wouldn't start attacking people clarifying a f.ucking meme or calling out the mods. Nor would I tag people trying to help the situation that are trying to defend me. I haven't got the time for messy s.hit that's gonna end in hate and isn't coming from a place of love. I work hard to be nice to everyone and I try to be friends with all Exhalers. I like to think that no matter how different a person's views are or how much they try to "shade" me, we can still find a way to tolerate each other. It's why you won't ever find me posting catty s.hit like you did to me. Know who your supporters are before you start cutting people out. There's no need to make enemies with people on a place like this, especially not when your account is so new. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AmorProhibido said:

No, I would defend myself. But I wouldn't start attacking people clarifying a f.ucking meme or calling out the mods. Nor would I tag people trying to help the situation that are trying to defend me. I haven't got the time for messy s.hit that's gonna end in hate and isn't coming from a place of love. I work hard to be nice to everyone and I try to be friends with all Exhalers. I like to think that no matter how different a person's views are or how much they try to "shade" me, we can still find a way to tolerate each other. It's why you won't ever find me posting catty s.hit like you did to me. Know who your supporters are before you start cutting people out. There's no need to make enemies with people on a place like this, especially not when your account is so new. 

Ok so your the friend of the world. That’s cute baby I still like you x

2 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I don’t think me and roxxy are enemies. Prettty sure in a month we will forget this thread even existed Might even start following her again lol.  I don’t hold grudges over minor silly things :)  however I do have free will, 
I can’t even remember how you got involved. 

7 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Yes I’ve risen the issue of her not moderating properly on numerous occasions. I did feel bullied on the thread I am not going to lie. No one understood me, I felt like the ring leader tried to cancel me there and then for voicing out my concern 

My opinions matter, she shouldn’t think she has the power to cancel or dismiss my opinions or views. 

Just now, sullivanSP said:

I don’t think me and roxxy are enemies. Prettty sure in a month we will forget this thread even existed Might even start following her again lol.  I don’t hold grudges over minor silly things :)  however I do have free will, 
I can’t even remember how you got involved. 

Let me help you remember. 

4 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

Good luck on that. I'm not sure she'll feel the same way. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block