Ariana Grande goes on an unfollowing spree on Instagram

7 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Ariana Grande unfollowed a lot of her famous friends today on Instagram, including Lana Del Rey, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, Kylie Jenner, Hannah Lux Davis and more. 

Apparently she unfollowed celebs who didn't use their platform to speak out about George Floyd.

Ariana also liked Taylor Swift's Tweet about President Trump.

Related:

ariana.jpg.da25161cf908388f75e5370584203e49.jpg

selena gomez did upload insta stories about it.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I’m not going to as it’s still what I believe even if it doesn’t make sense. Popstars are there to entertain, they shouldn’t be activist or political leaders. It’s nice they have an opinion and support causes but thats their business. Look how Britney tries to remain inoffensive but is constantly attacked either way. I’m tired of this PC era. Fighting Hate with Hate does nothing.

Go to bed Queen, your fighting a dead *** thread. Ain’t no one listening. Bye boo :joanne:

6 hours ago, sullivanSP said:

@IForgotYouExisted  @OnlyBeyonce I appreciate your thoughts on the matter, but personally I believe it’s a nice gesture to someone of such a big following to even mention it. Coming from an ethnic minority <3 And also the  “president” or “leader” you have mentioned has not done anything about it who’s next down the line the local council? Yes we are protesting, who’s next after that ? the whole meaning of protesting is to join in as A COMMUNITY. Not sit on the sidelines quiet and not voice concern. You aren’t helping a cause that way are you? Make conversation etc voice oppression, 
Im sorry but I completely am dissatisfied with your Arguments for saying celebs should stay quiet. Omg looool. The thought of it doesn’t make any sense. Who cares if they aren’t noble peace prize winners are we ? Tell me :nyheadache:

I am so upset ! Lol.

plus I’m probably reading to much into it but I still understand the thread and why she unfollowed them if for those reasons :chrissy:

Uhm I didn't say they should keep quiet. I asked if they HAVE to speak out. Who are we to expect them to speak out? It's not fair of us or others to expect somebody else that has NOTHING to do with this, to speak out. If they choose to keep quiet, it should be their right.

• Like 1
Just now, IForgotYouExisted said:

Uhm I didn't say they should keep quiet. I asked if they HAVE to speak out. Who are we to expect them to speak out? It's not fair of us or others to expect somebody else that has NOTHING to do with this, to speak out. If they choose to keep quiet, it should be their right.

Ok it’s their right to stay quiet :tina:

7 hours ago, sullivanSP said:

Yeh but you said standing up for her people... what on Earth is that supposed to mean “Africana grande standing up for her people” I’ve never heard that term Africana grande and hmm this post is basically saying she’s unfollowing those who have not voiced any concern. So if she’s doing that and being an ally she’s Africana grande ? She’s standing up for us “Africans” ? 

A lack of sympathy . Just don't mind it..... 

7 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

p.jpeg?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

At least 6 other people found it funny, what can I say. :parisok: It's a running joke that Ariana is trying to be black. Plus, I saw someone call her Africana Grande on Reddit because of that and I thought it was hilarious. Untwist your panties. :sipney:

It's actually kinda hypocritical because I'm sure you wouldn't find it funny if I made a joke about homosexuality and said insensitive stuff about gays ..... But sure you don't have to take it seriously because white gays will never be ******** on the streets of America because of the color of their skin .....:nyschool:

5 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

That’s her choice, and I fully support her speaking her mind and doing the right thing by encouraging ppl to take action. 

But I think it seems childish to hold it against other POPSTARS who don’t want to be social justice warriors or be political. People don’t become popstars to be activists. They become pop stars to entertain. Also maybe some of those ppl don’t want to come off as trying to be white saviors? Who knows. They might be racists, or they could just not know what to do/say, or they’re doing something silently without having to broadcast it to the world and be PRAISED for being “so woke!!!”. It just seems weird ppl except all celebrities nowadays to activists/politicians. They’re artists/entertainers, a lot of them didn’t even go to college...

They should use their platform to raise awareness, there's nothing political in defending a fellow human being from ****** , it's an act of kindness and showing the little bit of humanity that is left in this world ...... These people are not robots , besides their jobs they also have a personal life and they're entitled to their opinions just like you, they're not here just to entertain you and die . If you don't care about that tragedy there's no point in even arguing because clearly you don't care about justice or standing for what's right. :mj:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ExXL said:

It's actually kinda hypocritical because I'm sure you wouldn't find it funny if I made a joke about homosexuality and said insensitive stuff about gays ..... But sure you don't have to take it seriously because white gays will never be ******** on the streets of America because of the color of their skin .....:nyschool:

Being a minority isn't a competition. Stop collecting oppression points. Gay people have their own problems. I would know, as someone from a post-Soviet country in which the older generation still sees gays as predators. :holduplisten: You can't say it's hypocritical when you don't know how I'd act. Plus, it's a lose-lose situation. If I were to not care about an offensive joke, you'd tell me that it's because as a "white gay" I don't have to take it seriously because we're not ******** on the streets. On the other hand, if I were to take offense, you'd call me hypocritical. Miss me with that BS. :typing:

3 hours ago, ExXL said:

You're wrong. :holduplisten:

Just because a huge tragedy has happened, doesn't mean I have to constantly mourn. :sipney: This world is disgusting and ***** up. At this point, I've become too desensitized, so I choose to be positive and joke instead. What else do you want me to do? Leave a comment on Exhale? I already did that, and that won't save any lives. I signed a petition as soon as I saw one on Reddit. But that's the extent of what I can do. :typing:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

You're wrong. :holduplisten:

Just because a huge tragedy has happened, doesn't mean I have to constantly mourn. :sipney: This world is disgusting and ***** up. At this point, I've become too desensitized, so I choose to be positive and joke instead. What else do you want me to do? Leave a comment on Exhale? I already did that, and that won't save any lives. I signed a petition as soon as I saw one on Reddit. But that's the extent of what I can do. :typing:

Well , I wouldn't make jokes on such problematic matters, sadly these things happen to this day and I can't afford passing a joke on that as long as it's not over ...... I agree we need to lighten up sometimes and deal with stuff with Humor , but here I don't think it's funny .... At least it's the wrong timing :rihstare:

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Well , I wouldn't make jokes on such problematic matters, sadly these things happen to this day and I can't afford passing a joke on that as long as it's not over ...... I agree we need to lighten up sometimes and deal with stuff with Humor , but here I don't think it's funny .... At least it's the wrong timing :rihstare:

You're not wrong, but it's not like I posted my joke on the thread about George's ******. While related, this is a thread about Ariana Grande unfollowing people. I saw an easy opportunity and ran with it. No ill intentions. :)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ExXL said:

YESSSS QUEEEN @Roxxy needs to see this comment. Cuz she started ripping me up for this exact idea !

@ExXL I’m new on here so I was very shocked when someone as big as @Roxxy basically stated how disappointed she was in me. 
Which is not a positive impression on something you’ve just joined is it now ? Very rude and disgusting from a supposed “moderator” personally I think her title isn’t rightly owned. I see no threads being made no real contribution or love. Just her constantly boasting on how many followers she has or how much people love her. She has no valid contributions to the page. All her comments are silly

@sullivanSP

Okay this has gone far enough and you keep INSTIGATING DRAMA. I have ignored you cause I didn't want to cause drama but you seem to want to drag and you should know I am not the one, sulli.

First of all, why are you so pressed? First of all, the Afrikana Grande joke that @iAlwaysSingLive mentioned wasn't even about the meme which you keep thinking we're inserting a meme on a social issue which wasn't his intention all along. He was actually praising Ariana Grande for standing up for George. He was actually on your side. But being the defensive, arrogant, and ignorant new member that you are, thought he was being shady when he is not. And then I told him "Thank you" because he was praising Ariana Grande. Isn't that what you want in the first place? For celebs to speak up? And @iAlwaysSingLive praised Ariana for doing just that. Only that he called her a nickname in reference to the POPULAR meme about Ariana. That's just it. It isn't that deep. It isn't that serious. It isn't insensitive and it isn't racist.

And @babyimmafreak90 wasn't ganging up on you. He was just letting you know about the reference so you wouldn't be PRESSED. And but of course your arrogant 4ss just couldn't take that you blew something out of proportion so you go around downvoting previous posts cause you're petty and pressed af.

And there was no private messaging of inside jokes going on. Because we were tagging @Martini because his avatar is the popular Afrikana Grande meme and it is funny. That's just it. It's not that deep. It's not that serious.

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT ALL OF YOUR POSTS ON THIS THREAD. 

Not just to the 3 of us, but also to some others and to another Moderator @puppylo16

You are forcing your opinion on people and when they don't agree with you, you are rude to them.

Take a GOOD LOOK AT YOUR POSTS IN THIS THREAD. You LOOK and SOUND so pressed af. Constantly tagging us and quoting us and downvoting old posts to get attention while everyone has moved on.

Cause you think people are shading you when we arent. You repeatedly downvoted my post that said "i dont know what you mean :idkney:" because you were trying to get my attention. I really didnt know what you mean because i wasnt throwing shade at you. I only said "Thank you" to @iAlwaysSingLive for praising Ariana Grande (me). That's it.

And you even constantly throw shade at us on 3 other threads because you think we really care about an irrelevant like you? GROW UP, SULLI.

You've only been here how many days and you're this problematic and rude to your senior Exhalers and to two Moderators and to @Urbanney ?

Who do you think you are?

AGAIN, I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU.

I suggest you stop this now. Because you won't survive this place with THAT NASTY ATTITUDE.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

@sullivanSP

Okay this has gone far enough and you keep INSTIGATING DRAMA. I have ignored you cause I didn't want to cause drama but you seem to want to drag and you should know I am not the one, sulli.

First of all, why are you so pressed? First of all, the Afrikana Grande joke that @iAlwaysSingLive mentioned wasn't even about the meme which you keep thinking we're inserting a meme on a social issue which wasn't his intention all along. He was actually praising Ariana Grande for standing up for George. He was actually on your side. But being the defensive, arrogant, and ignorant new member that you are, thought he was being shady when he is not. And then I told him "Thank you" because he was praising Ariana Grande. Isn't that what you want in the first place? For celebs to speak up? And @iAlwaysSingLive praised Ariana for doing just that. Only that he called her a nickname in reference to the POPULAR meme about Ariana. That's just it. It isn't that deep. It isn't that serious. It isn't insensitive and it isn't racist.

And @babyimmafreak90 wasn't ganging up on you. He was just letting you know about the reference so you wouldn't be PRESSED. And but of course your arrogant 4ss just couldn't take that you blew something out of proportion so you go around downvoting previous posts cause you're petty and pressed af.

And there was no private messaging of inside jokes going on. Because we were tagging @Martini because his avatar is the popular Afrikana Grande meme and it is funny. That's just it. It's not that deep. It's not that serious.

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT ALL OF YOUR POSTS ON THIS THREAD. 

Not just to the 3 of us, but also to some others and to another Moderator @puppylo16

You are forcing your opinion on people and when they don't agree with you, you are rude to them.

Take a GOOD LOOK AT YOUR POSTS IN THIS THREAD. You LOOK and SOUND so pressed af. Constantly tagging us and quoting us and downvoting old posts to get attention while everyone has moved on.

Cause you think people are shading you when we arent. You repeatedly downvoted my post that said "i dont know what you mean :idkney:" because you were trying to get my attention. I really didnt know what you mean because i wasnt throwing shade at you. I only said "Thank you" to @iAlwaysSingLive for praising Ariana Grande (me). That's it.

And you even constantly throw shade at us on 3 other threads because you think we really care about an irrelevant like you? GROW UP, SULLI.

You've only been here how many days and you're this problematic and rude to your senior Exhalers and to two Moderators and to @Urbanney ?

Who do you think you are?

AGAIN, I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU.

I suggest you stop this now. Because you won't survive this place with THAT NASTY ATTITUDE.

I'm not clicking on this thread again. :smokney2:

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

@ExXL I’m new on here so I was very shocked when someone as big as @Roxxy basically stated how disappointed she was in me. 
Which is not a positive impression on something you’ve just joined is it now ? Very rude and disgusting from a supposed “moderator” personally I think her title isn’t rightly owned. I see no threads being made no real contribution or love. Just her constantly boasting on how many followers she has or how much people love her. She has no valid contributions to the page. All her comments are silly

I would suggest that you don't take things TOO Seriously , this is a pop culture forum after all :raven: if you don't like someone's opinion just refrain from interacting with them , the internet is a free place to express our thoughts and feelings , don't waste your energy in such insignificant subjects... :byesmoke:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block