Ariana Grande goes on an unfollowing spree on Instagram

10 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Yea agreed. If I had that platform I would feel compelled to speak more about sensitive subjects and fight for justice. 

We love a page founder who recognises an opinion is and opinion and no ones enforcing their views on anyone. 🦄unicorns don’t exist in reality. They can’t cancel someone for an opinion. Things should be light hearted, and a dislike means nothing 🥺 This page is open to everyone. 

• Love 1

That’s her choice, and I fully support her speaking her mind and doing the right thing by encouraging ppl to take action. 

But I think it seems childish to hold it against other POPSTARS who don’t want to be social justice warriors or be political. People don’t become popstars to be activists. They become pop stars to entertain. Also maybe some of those ppl don’t want to come off as trying to be white saviors? Who knows. They might be racists, or they could just not know what to do/say, or they’re doing something silently without having to broadcast it to the world and be PRAISED for being “so woke!!!”. It just seems weird ppl except all celebrities nowadays to activists/politicians. They’re artists/entertainers, a lot of them didn’t even go to college...

• Love 2
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

We love a page founder who recognises an opinion is and opinion and no ones enforcing their views on anyone. 🦄unicorns don’t exist in reality. They can’t cancel someone for an opinion. Things should be light hearted, and a dislike means nothing 🥺 This page is open to everyone. 

Which is why there's no hard feelings, and I wouldn't want you to feel unwelcome just because of some stupid little exchange. I find Africana Grande hilarious. You don't. And that's completely fine. :sipney:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I don’t know if this is a joke or not but I’ll keep my sense of humour :britoverit:

I didn’t need a team to explain the reference to you sweetie.
BreatheHeavy is nothing if not good for the laughs  :weusay:

Awh hunny maybe the laughs should be kept in your own private message inbox between each other if not like that already. That way memes like that wouldn’t be associated with a political thread. 

16 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Which is why there's no hard feelings, and I wouldn't want you to feel unwelcome just because of some stupid little exchange. I find Africana Grande hilarious. You don't. And that's completely fine. :sipney:

I oddly don’t feel unwelcome by you, but a certain unicorn has spread her magic onto a thread I’ve started. No hard feelings tho ! 

• Haha 1

Ariana Grande unfollowed a lot of her famous friends today on Instagram, including Lana Del Rey, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, Kylie Jenner, Hannah Lux Davis and more. 

Apparently she unfollowed celebs who didn't use their platform to speak out about George Floyd.

Ariana also liked Taylor Swift's Tweet about President Trump.

read this thread and tell me where a meme fits into this ? A thread that goes on from a Donald trump sensitive topic thread. A thread that associates platform and followers. Understand how a meme joke may be taken the wrong way when used in the wrong context. 

“as a sensitive Gen Z” do you understand where you went wrong ? 

Or a “commoner” as a certain unicorn has stated. 

9 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Awh hunny maybe the laughs should be kept in your own private message inbox between each other if not like that already. That way memes like that wouldn’t be associated with a political thread. 

This is a pop music forum dude. Being a forum, we are all entitled to contribute in any way they see fit. I respect your opinion, but I have a differing one. Get used to it, that’s what forums are all about. Enjoy :)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Ariana Grande unfollowed a lot of her famous friends today on Instagram, including Lana Del Rey, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, Kylie Jenner, Hannah Lux Davis and more. 

Apparently she unfollowed celebs who didn't use their platform to speak out about George Floyd.

Ariana also liked Taylor Swift's Tweet about President Trump.

read this thread and tell me where a meme fits into this ? A thread that goes on from a Donald trump sensitive topic thread. A thread that associates platform and followers. Understand how a meme joke may be taken the wrong way when used in the wrong context. 

“as a sensitive Gen Z” do you understand where you went wrong ? 

Or a “commoner” as a certain unicorn has stated. 

@babyimmafreak90and @iAlwaysSingLive and @Roxxy now when you say “Africana grande standing up for her people” do you see where it’s problematic. Do you see why I reacted the way I did ? It’s a meme used at the wrong time and on the wrong thread. Use your brain. 

do u think I would’ve cared if it was on another thread ? I would’ve laughed and said what’s that. 

Do not come for me saying oh he’s sensitive oh he’s got his knickers in a twist. I just FACT CHECKED

• Super Mods

Dang Ariana is bored during quarantine:deserves:

In all seriousness, at the end of the day it’s her choice but to unfollow just because her peers didn’t say anything is childish. She should understand that in their line of work it’s hard to say something even with good intentions and not piss off someone. This is why I don’t want popstars being so political it gets MESSY and to me is more dangerous than them putting on skimpy clothes as reading comments from youngsters feel the need to get into topics that they don’t have full knowledge or understanding of and that’s how you get the band wagoners joining those protest because it’s popular without knowing anything about it to make a real inform decision. Then they go on a blind hate spree. It’s just something she can’t control, I mean girl someone bombed your concert, if not for the sake of yourself, then think about the fans. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Dang Ariana is bored during quarantine:deserves:

In all seriousness, at the end of the day it’s her choice but to unfollow just because her peers didn’t say anything is childish. She should understand that in their line of work it’s hard to say something even with good intentions and not piss off someone. This is why I don’t want popstars being so political it gets MESSY and to me is more dangerous than them putting on skimpy clothes as reading comments from youngsters feel the need to get into topics that they don’t have full knowledge or understanding of and that’s how you get the band wagoners joining those protest because it’s popular without knowing anything about it to make a real inform decision. Then they go on a blind hate spree. It’s just something she can’t control, I mean girl someone bombed your concert, if not for the sake of yourself, then think about the fans. 

This whole paragraph didn’t make sense. Elaborate sis I’m intrigued :janet:

oh and this time use paragraphs moderator :)

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

This whole paragraph didn’t make sense. Elaborate sis I’m intrigued :janet:

oh and this time use paragraphs moderator :)

Lol I’m lazy and high 

I think it’s immature of her to unfollow celebrities who don’t support her cause, unless she happened to see them say something negative to the issue. A lot of celebrities stay away from these things because it gets messy. 

but I know kids can misconstrue things and you don’t know how kids would take things as. When I went to art school in San Francisco, there were lots of protest and a lot of them were mis informed or were told by their friends to join or didn’t even know what it was but just wanted to join then it grows out of control into riots which is the last thing I want to see. 

maybe I still don’t make sense but I think she should respect other opinions and not go on a witch hunt as it would propel her fans to go on a witch hunt which is not how it should be done. She should fight the power on her own and like minded people will join other rather than this “you can’t sit with us!” mentality 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, puppylo16 said:

Lol I’m lazy and high 

I think it’s immature of her to unfollow celebrities who don’t support her cause, unless she happened to see them say something negative to the issue. A lot of celebrities stay away from these things because it gets messy. 

but I know kids can misconstrue things and you don’t know how kids would take things as. When I went to art school in San Francisco, there were lots of protest and a lot of them were mis informed or were told by their friends to join or didn’t even know what it was but just wanted to join then it grows out of control into riots which is the last thing I want to see. 

maybe I still don’t make sense but I think she should respect other opinions and not go on a witch hunt as it would propel her fans to go on a witch hunt which is not how it should be done. She should fight the power on her own and like minded people will join other rather than this “you can’t sit with us!” mentality 

I see,

but moderator Ariana may simply want to move things to new heights ? A more inclusive future perhaps. Something a bit more brighter and cheerier after Quarantine.

Her followers and new followers are only seeking to make the cause a better place. 

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

I see,

but moderator Ariana may simply want to move things to new heights ? A more inclusive future perhaps. Something a bit more brighter and cheerier after Quarantine.

Her followers and new followers are only seeking to make the cause a better place. 

Haha I like that moderator Ariana but look how toxic the beehive is :ehidk:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

No I did but I’d thought I’d reiterate it so u can log off and go to sleep since your making no sense :makeitrain:

I’m not going to as it’s still what I believe even if it doesn’t make sense. Popstars are there to entertain, they shouldn’t be activist or political leaders. It’s nice they have an opinion and support causes but thats their business. Look how Britney tries to remain inoffensive but is constantly attacked either way. I’m tired of this PC era. Fighting Hate with Hate does nothing.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block