Ariana Grande goes on an unfollowing spree on Instagram

4 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Yes but that’s just you. A person with the status and following of a celeb who always claims to “change the world with music” or create “purposeful pop” as they call it. Should owe it to their fans. They have a huge following of races and backgrounds and people who look up to them. Imagine someone you look up to does not even express condolences for something so aligned to your day to day lives. Think about it <3

i can understand your point but at the end of the day  who give a **** about ariana grande's opinion about a controversial situation like this? is she an activist for civil rights? is she a nobel prize for peace? :hillary:

• Like 2

Do they HAVE to speak out? I hate how everyone expects celebs to speak out. This doesn't change ANYTHING. There's only 1 person who can do anything about it and that's the king/president of whatever of a country. People should stop aiming their arrows at the celebs who keep quiet about such sensitive topics but rather aim them at those who actually have the power to do something about.

I for one, couldn't care less if Lana or Selena or whoever doesn't tweet about ir CAUSE IT WON'T CHANGE A SINGLE THING. With a president like Trump who glorifies hate towards many races, this will continue to happen.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

That’s her choice and she shouldn’t be dragged for it; however, I don’t think people who are staying silent should be dragged for their silence either.  Just because you don’t say something doesn’t mean you don’t care.  I get they have a huge platform and can inspire and influence their followers, but everyone is different.  I’ve taken a hiatus from social media during this quarantine.  It’s actually been a nice break because sometimes I get anxious about replying to every comment under a post, every post I’m tagged in, or every message I get (which let’s be honest are mostly just my friends and family sending funny memes and gifs to each other hahaha).  It all gets to be a bit exhausting.  I can only imagine how they feel.
fkQMCJi05CqnZDo_odxa28MiZ5c=.gif

• Love 4
  • Like 1

@IForgotYouExisted  @OnlyBeyonce I appreciate your thoughts on the matter, but personally I believe it’s a nice gesture to someone of such a big following to even mention it. Coming from an ethnic minority <3 And also the  “president” or “leader” you have mentioned has not done anything about it who’s next down the line the local council? Yes we are protesting, who’s next after that ? the whole meaning of protesting is to join in as A COMMUNITY. Not sit on the sidelines quiet and not voice concern. You aren’t helping a cause that way are you? Make conversation etc voice oppression, 
Im sorry but I completely am dissatisfied with your Arguments for saying celebs should stay quiet. Omg looool. The thought of it doesn’t make any sense. Who cares if they aren’t noble peace prize winners are we ? Tell me :nyheadache:

I am so upset ! Lol.

plus I’m probably reading to much into it but I still understand the thread and why she unfollowed them if for those reasons :chrissy:

20 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Africana Grande standing up for her people. We love to see it. :yeahhh:

Hmmm 4 people liked this comment. Let’s see because I’m about to fall out over this not funny joke at a sensitive time. Someone explain the context of this before I get upset please :ohwut:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Hmmm 4 people liked this comment. Let’s see because I’m about to fall out over this not funny joke at a sensitive time. Someone explain the context of this before I get upset please :ohwut:

There’s been jokes about Arianas transracial appearance for years. Lighten up, it’s just a joke. If this one upset you, I’d advise you don’t go through old threads on here. We love a controversial joke :yeahhh:

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block