Exhale AMA with "Mood Ring" co-writer and vocal producer Jon Asher

• Verified
7 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

1.) Did Britney Record Any Of Tracks You Submitted For “Femme Fatale”?   If So What Did Those Tracks Sound Like? 

2.) Have You Been Asked To Work For Britney Again Since “Mood Ring”? 

3.) When You Were With Britney In The Studio Did It Seem Like She Was Being Controlled i.e The Conservatorship? 

Thank You For Doing This John! 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Verified
7 hours ago, ArtPopMusic said:

Hello!! Thanks for the opportunity to interview you. Mood ring is a great track!

1. Where you in the studio with Britney while she recorded her vocals?

2. If so, how is she in the studio? How does her vocals sound without the tricks and pro tools?

3. If you were Britney's A&R, which writers an producers would you recommend her to work with?

4. What aspects would you highlight from Britney's vocals?

5. Why do you think the song Mood Ring was not included in the standard edition and just in Japan?

6. What was the process of writing the song Mood Ring? While you wrote it, could you ever think that Britney would finally recorded?

7. As a vocal producer, which Britney songs do you think that capture her best vocals?

8. Do you think that we have listened to Britney's full potential as a vocalist?

9. What is your best wish for Britney?

THANK YOUUUU

• Love 7
1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Back off that’s my baby daddy! Lol. Side note: why is nobody ever IN the studio when Britney records? So odd

Well, cause they're the writers. Had they been the producers, for sure they would be inside. :blol:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Roxxy said:

Well, cause they're the writers. Had they been the producers, for sure they would be inside. :blol:

True. I wonder if Britney has any Dr. Luke stories like everyone else seems too. Sigh. We’ll never know. Anyways, Jon Asher can get it ☺️

• Love 1
  • Verified
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Hi Jon. We know you and Melanie are super fans of Britney, and she commented you two had like 10 more songs like Mood Ring. Do you still have hopes of sending them to Britney to record them? Have you two created more songs with Britney in mind in these past years?

Also, what's your favorite Britney music video? 

And what's your favorite Glory song besides Mood Ring?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Back off that’s my baby daddy! Lol. Side note: why is nobody ever IN the studio when Britney records? So odd

He called me baby, twice. You better keep your man in check cos he be eyeing me up as his side piece :reductive:

It is weird, and yet our Myah seems to know a lot about what songs Britney did and didn't record :orly:

• Haha 4
  • Verified
7 hours ago, TheGrandeLife said:

Hi @JonAsher that's a real pleasure to thank you in person for the incredible Mood Ring, it should have been a single :-), so good ! 

Do we have here a remixed version of Mood Ring or this final version is exactly like it was made ?

We need more gem songs like that one^^ 

• Love 8
  • Verified
7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

3. So, I’ll admit it...exhale has always talked about the potential of the glory era, and how it could’ve been huger. For one of its major factors, where single choices. According to you...what should have been the singles of the album that could’ve made the era much huger?

• Love 6
  • Verified
7 hours ago, PollyPocket said:

What parts did you vocally produce on MR and how did you do it (like what DAW, fx, mic, etc...)

I'm a music producer :D and am intrigued on your role <3 

P.S. Mood Ring is my ****!! I hope she makes a music video for it! 

• Love 6
  • Like 1