Music reacts: George Floyd, a black man, dies from police officer kneeling on his neck

In Minneapolis, a black man named George Floyd has died after a white police officer knelt on Floyd’s neck, choking him to death. Videos have spread on social media showing Floyd repeatedly saying he couldn’t breathe while the officer was doing it. Four officers involved in the incident have been fired. Protestors have been chanting “I can’t breathe” near the intersection where the incident happened. More details about the incident can be read at USA Today

E38D37F0-74AE-44F5-9B2B-A22DF4250729.png

It’s been 7 years since the #BlackLivesMatter movement started. Why is this still happening? What needs to be done?

Music reacts:

• Love 4
  • Like 1

The video is the saddest thing ever. 

he literally has his knee on his neck. He is begging handcuffed with his face smashed on the cement road, “please i cant breathe.”

the officer makes fun of him and says “kids this is why you dont do *****”

and the people are recording him are saying, “get off him he cant breathe. Its not about *****. This is a human.”

so sickening to watch. Imagine being there in person.

• Like 1
  • Leader
1 minute ago, helloitsme said:

The video is the saddest thing ever. 

he literally has his knee on his neck. He is begging handcuffed with his face smashed on the cement road, “please i cant breathe.”

the officer makes fun of him and says “kids this is why you dont do *****”

and the people are recording him are saying, “get off him he cant breathe. Its not about *****. This is a human.”

so sickening to watch. Imagine being there in person.

I saw the video too and it really disturbed me. I know the officer was fired, but this is straight up ******. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I'm glad this is being discussed here in Exhale. I am honestly really disturbed by this. I was just putting together a list of what musicians are saying about this. I'll post them here. 

Id be concerned if someone wasnt disturbed by this video. 

& i really like that idea. Thats a great way to tie it in with your format of pop music (originally britney). Kudos jordan

I honestly don't even want to watch the video.  Not because I don't care, but because I'm sure it'll make me sick after seeing and reading the responses.  Seeing things like this make me sad to live in the world we live in today.  I know that there have always been and, unfortunately, will probably always be issues like this.  However, that obviously doesn't make it right.  I also hate the image this gives to police officers.  Everyone can have their opinion on them, because we have all had different experiences with them.  I have someone very close to me who is an outstanding officer.  They are very much by the books, but also have a heart.  They are stern when they need to be, yet compassionate too.  It's very unfortunate that officers like that are overshadowed by officers like the ones in this story.  I feel for George Floyd's family at this time.  May he rest in peace.  "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
5 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

This was extremely depressing to watch, clearly the guy is already apprehended, why continue to pin him down on his neck? He's already in handcuffs! What was the point of the torture?!? :xcuseme:

It’s because this is a modern day lynching 

cops used to torture black people 100 years ago and continue to do so today

that's what it is sadly 

Sometimes we think we are advancing as a society, that all this tecnology and media promotion of civil rights are really making deep change. And then you get to see videos like this in where indifference, hate and violance are shown without reserve... seems like WE STILL HAVE TOOO MUCH WORK TO DO GUYS for every minority to be safe in this world... RIP :( . 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block