Trump threatens to shut down social media after Twitter fact-checked the President's false claims

41 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

This is rational.... 

Trump to sign executive order on social media amid Twitter furor

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/27/trump-executive-order-social-media-twitter-285891

I happen to think something needs to be done about social media. Facebook and big corporations taking on the role of labeling things as truths or untruths is irresponsible and 1984ish. That's our duty as citizens: research and come to conclusions. Too many people believe what they read in the NYT or the NYP or whatever without question. As a teacher, we don't consider that learning. Learning is interacting and questioning and drawing conclusions. Just sayin'. I feel you - this headline is sensational, and the times we are living in are VERY irrational. 

But.....is that exec order anymore irrational than...

or....

or....

My point is, everyone sees things how they want to see them. Like someone said earlier, tolerance only exists until you start touching on what someone is intolerant of. :bieber: 

Appreciate the convo Jordan. Would love to have a conversation someday. Respect, love and light. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Britneylandia said:

I tried to explain things to you but you don’t want to recognize facts!

I can’t believe you are defending the same people that voted against gay marriage but hey! Go ahead! Your life would be soooo good if they had all the power. 
Conservative gays are just so stupid lol. 

Maybe you should try one of Lou’s camps, to fit in with your friends, you know? :britoverit:

Why are you so judgemental, rude and overworked bout this? 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

It’s really disappointing that I will be Able to vote for the first time in November And I will have to choose between two HORRIBLE candidates 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I would rather have Hillary Clinton in the office than those two 

Biden isn't my choice either, he was literally one of the worst choices but we really need Trump out so I'll be voting for Biden in November. 

Twitter should regulate. Anyone caught lying, gets 3 warnings before being removed from the platform. Trump wouldn’t last a week.

I don’t see the problem with mail in voting. The more ways people have to vote, the better. The last state election I voted in here in Australia had online voting.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

We are a more densely packed country. Not to mention we share more similarities than any other country. Try again 

Try again? You don’t think having more than triple the population would entail more involvement and increase the likelihood of fraud? A simple Google search shows just how corrupt the UK ballot service is. Come on man.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

We going here? ::sigh:: I can't.

Mail in ballots are a terrible idea. If everyone wasn't so delusional and angry at things they don't understand or WON'T bother trying to understand (on both sides, right and left), we would all agree this is an absolutely ridiculous and outrageous way to conduct a presidential election. If people can stand in line at the liquor store, Walmart, Home Depot, etc etc, they can stand in line to vote. 

Have several seats Twitter. :hiii:

get the republican off exhale I am not reading that

2 hours ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Wait, it's CENSORSHIP that they fact-checked him...is that what ya'll think??

no, I think that Twitter labeling "voter fraud happens in mail-in ballots" as a LIE is scary stuff man. They are an independent third party social media site. But now they're telling you what's true and false? And are you checking what THEY say, or just trusting and believing Jack Dorsey, who openly despises conservatives? Just think for yourself sis. That's all. 

• Love 1
On 5/27/2020 at 11:47 PM, DonoDotto said:

But because you brought it up in your extremely biased, ignorant, and superior-sounding OP, I must comment on the subject:

Id again like to express my utter dismay and repulsion at the OP. Not sure you can come back from that.

What a drama queen. Have you read the OP? It's actually quite balanced compared to the shït Trump is spewing every day.

I cannot believe there are still people like you really to defend people like Trump. That's unsettling. :squintney:

Who decided Twitter is all of a sudden in charge of deciding which sites are regarded as legitimate fact checking and which are not?

Is Twitter a public platform, or is it a publishing agency that selectively chooses which content is published? If the answer is the latter, Twitter's management will be charged with tax fraud/evasion.

Twitter is a private company so they can do whatever the fück they want in terms of content and editorial actions, same for Jordan with Breatheheavy actually.

:frenchy:

PS: Do you even have a clue what tax fraud is?

Second of all, having Twitter link to a CNN or New York Times article IS NOT CALLED FACT CHECKING. I cant stress this enough. My country has been on the recieving end of an endless amount of lies and biased coverage from many of those mainstream media outlets, and Ive witnessed first hand contradictory evidence to their flat out shameless lies. They lie, and they cannot be trusted.

CNN and The New York Times are not always neutral, like all media outlets, but what are your alternatives? Fox News? :selenerz:

On 5/27/2020 at 11:02 AM, bitbitboi said:

You truly have the worst president. Ever.

...but then you're the same people who only bought 157,000 copies of "Glory", so I guess it makes sense!
(YES I'M MAKING THIS A THING)

111k copies not 157k copies my dear!:lessons:

Fans would be celebrating her even hitting that much sales, and the album would have debuted at no.1:hillary:

On 5/27/2020 at 9:26 AM, sparrowhawk said:

I think you need to take a philosophy class. This statement in and of itself is contradictory, although I recognize what you're trying to say: there must be AGREED UPON moral and social standards we can call COMPROMISE. Compromise only happens when both sides make concessions. 

As far as the rest of your post, I'm just not gonna bother. Both democrats and republicans have worn many masks throughout the history of this country. To say one side has "always been" anything at all is just kinda dumb :/ sorry. 

Btw,

Welcome to Exhale @sparrowhawk

welcome GIF

Come to breathe heavy, and spill the tea!:sendinglove:

On 5/27/2020 at 11:34 AM, Britneylandia said:

I tried to explain things to you but you don’t want to recognize facts!

I can’t believe you are defending the same people that voted against gay marriage but hey! Go ahead! Your life would be soooo good if they had all the power. 
Conservative gays are just so stupid lol. 

Maybe you should try one of Lou’s camps, to fit in with your friends, you know? :britoverit:

Running for @EasyThere or my wig for most controversial exhaler, huh?:rihclap:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block