Trump threatens to shut down social media after Twitter fact-checked the President's false claims

• Leader

Trump is throwing another temper tantrum. In his latest meltdown, Trump points the finger at Twitter, claiming they're censoring him.

Twitter included a fact-check on Trump's Tweets about mail-in ballots because Twitter felt the messages were "potentially misleading." Trump falsely claimed mail-in ballots would lead to widespread voter fraud, so Twitter included a message under his Tweest that read "Get the facts about mail-in ballots," and linked to a page with the actual facts about mail-in- ballots. 

screen-shot-2020-05-26-at-5.51.47%20PM.p

In other words, Trump was WRONG and is scared people will mail-in their votes because that'll spell bad news for another potential win.

Now he's threatening to police social media.

"Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen," Trump tweeted Wednesday. He went on to accuse the tech industry of trying to interfere in the 2016 election, before repeating an unfounded claim about voter fraud stemming from mail-in ballots.
"We can't let large scale Mail-In Ballots take root in our Country," Trump tweeted. "It would be a free for all on cheating, forgery and the theft of Ballots. Whoever cheated the most would win. Likewise, Social Media. Clean up your act, NOW!!!!"

Do you think social media needs to be more regulated? Does Trump have a point? 

trump.jpg.8d3c4b60866c70a08fce35b8e45a6255.jpg

We going here? ::sigh:: I can't.

Mail in ballots are a terrible idea. If everyone wasn't so delusional and angry at things they don't understand or WON'T bother trying to understand (on both sides, right and left), we would all agree this is an absolutely ridiculous and outrageous way to conduct a presidential election. If people can stand in line at the liquor store, Walmart, Home Depot, etc etc, they can stand in line to vote. 

Have several seats Twitter. :hiii:

• Love 3
  • Like 5

I don't think people are going to be concerned about voting in person come November, it's very far off. But it's ironic he is so concerned about FRAUD when he literally stands at the White House Podium and speaks incorrect facts and spews fallacies to the American people constantly. 

Social media needs to be more regulated in terms of companies like FACEBOOK stepping up and not allowing fake news advertisements to make it onto the platform. All social media companies should be forced to not allow the spread of targeted, fake news stories. It's setting a very dangerous precedent for the future. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

We going here? ::sigh:: I can't.

Mail in ballots are a terrible idea. If everyone wasn't so delusional and angry at things they don't understand or WON'T bother trying to understand (on both sides, right and left), we would all agree this is an absolutely ridiculous and outrageous way to conduct a presidential election. If people can stand in line at the liquor store, Walmart, Home Depot, etc etc, they can stand in line to vote. 

Have several seats Twitter. :hiii:

Except I don’t stand in line for any of those places and I appreciate being able to mail my ballot in. Some of us work during the election and although we can request time off I don’t think it’s needed when I can just mail my ballot in. First the issue was people not voting and now it’s going to be people not voting in person? :squint:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Except I don’t stand in line for any of those places and I appreciate being able to mail my ballot in. Some of us work during the election and although we can request time off I don’t think it’s needed when I can just mail my ballot in. First the issue was people not voting and now it’s going to be people not voting in person? :squint:

You don't leave your house, ever...? :squint: Ok boo boo. Some people are unable to live that type of lifestyle. And if you're able to live that type of life, you must be able to have someone chauffeur you to a voting booth. We all work during the election; if your job refuses to let you leave to vote, you can sue in 30+ of the 50 states.  

• Like 1
  • Leader
10 minutes ago, AnthonyTalks2Much said:

I don't think people are going to be concerned about voting in person come November, it's very far off. But it's ironic he is so concerned about FRAUD when he literally stands at the White House Podium and speaks incorrect facts and spews fallacies to the American people constantly. 

:well: 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, sparrowhawk said:

You don't leave your house, ever...? :squint: Ok boo boo. Some people are unable to live that type of lifestyle. And if you're able to live that type of life, you must be able to have someone chauffeur you to a voting booth. We all work during the election; if your job refuses to let you leave to vote, you can sue in 30+ of the 50 states.  

Maybe I’ll hire you to chauffeur me in November boo boo :clicktina:

• Haha 4
  • Leader
1 minute ago, sparrowhawk said:

What about the elderly or people with auto-immune disorders who are more susceptible? That's ultimately what social distancing is meant to do - protect those groups. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Maybe I’ll hire you to chauffeur me in November boo boo :clicktina:

:bwink::haha::sendinglove:

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

What about the elderly or people with auto-immune disorders who are more susceptible? That's ultimately what social distancing is meant to do - protect those groups. 

Who is going to pay someone to sort through mail-in ballots to verify authenticity and protect against voter fraud? How many new government agencies will be needed for that to happen? And who's funding it? Taxpayers. I can't even pay my credit card bills by snail-mail anymore because it's deemed too high risk, but I'm trusting the USPS with my vote for President?

Liberals and conservatives should both be up in arms over this idea. Forget Trump/Obama. As few third parties as possible should always be the goal when dealing with the government. They can't even secure literal physical voting BOOTHS, let alone the entire country's mail system. 

Let's work TOGETHER (novel idea!) to brainstorm some alternative ideas! How about voting facilities for only those 60+? You know, like we're doing with grocery stores, etc.... I'm sure together we could all come up with a more viable option than the bankrupt, failing, government run USPS. Just my opinion. :typing:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

This is a very ignorant generalization sis. Let's all try to have a constructive conversation. 

I’m sorry if I offended you but it it what it is. Conservative people have always tried to stop evolution and progress and tried to stop freedom. Most of conservative people are racists, homophobes and misogynists. And pretty selfish tbh. We shouldn’t tolerate the intolerant!! I think right wing people have a really disgusting way of thinking, they would be happy to say “Welcome to The Handmaid’s Tale my friends”. 
Of course not everyone that votes that is like that but most of them are. And if you want to deny that the right wing is full of racism, homophobia and sexism, go on, I’ll let you embarrass yourself. 
:arianabye:

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block