#JimmyFallonIsOverParty trends on Twitter after racist video resurfaces

• Super Mods

I mean the fact some celebrities still believe that in order to impersonate black people you need to color your skin black is genuinely hilarious and honestly extremely dumb? Impersonating someone isn't based exclusively on looks; there's gesticulation, the way of speaking, the vocabulary this person used etc. etc. 

I absolutely think that "cancel culture" is beyond dumb too. It's literally 12 year old hormonal teenagers and 30+ unemployed folks, and both are just sad. The first category is just immature, and the second is also immature but extremely jealous, envious and vicious too. In the end, I think they don't give a flying fu*k about how Jimmy Fallon was racist towards someone lol, it's pure jealousy if you ask me. It's important to educate, not punish immediately

Am I missing something here?  I get that "the times were different" 20 years ago but ya'll are acting like people just woke up one day in 2015 and b l a c k f a c e was no longer acceptable. Like no sis, even in the year 2000 this was racist and archaic and I could've SWORN that Jimmy Fallon already apologized for this a long time ago.  Regardless, he has apologized recently, leave him alone.

I mean what is there to cancel anyway...who is still watching Jimmy Fallon????:jtum:

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
23 minutes ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

I wasn't mad at this:

White_chicks.jpg

Has to be the same for everybody. 

jesus christ i cant with you

ur so uneducated on the matter it hurts

white people so badly want to be oppressed just becuase they cant be left out of one thing

and now that more awareness has risen in modern times about racism and prejuidces against minorities esp black people, yall people want to be included in that too

even in the day where innocent black people are having modern day lynchings by white cops 

• Like 1

We consider that wrong now but really didn't think much about it 20 years ago. The actual sketch wasn't racist. If you did something today that everyone thought was lighthearted and funny and then 20 years from now we realize that it was wrong, you wouldn't want to be punished for it. Jimmy seems like a nice guy and just wants to make people laugh. He doesn't seem like an actual racist.

• Love 3

We are going to have no comedians left by 2025. It's a tough subject, and black face is never okay, but our culture is constantly growing and changing. Growing up in a small town, there was almost no people of colour. I didn't start to expand my point of views and understanding of ethnicity until my early 20s. I was a little SJW, yet even then with my attempt at being a 'woke' teen, I still said and did things that were probably culturally insensitive, as I didn't have the opportunity yet to learn from the world and the multitude of perspectives/experiences humans have. We are a product of our environments, and instead of destroying people's careers for something they did two decades ago, let's look at it as an experience to learn from and reflect on what we can do better today and listen to those voices now who lack a platform and representation. 

In 20 years we will be canceling each other for things we do now without a thought. The important thing is we learn, grow, and adapt to our environments and live as conscientious experience now as possible to prevent further harm from happening as we continue on in this crazy world. Let's use these awkward situations to create something positive from it instead of shrapnel to destroy people with. There's something to be said in people taking joy out of the destruction of a person's life. s adistic (I can't believe that's censored, this is getting out of control.)  behavior is never justified in any circumstance (unless done so consensually in the bedroom.) 

JUST MY TWO CENTS Y'ALL.

Awkward Cardi B GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Love 2

I'm so sick of cancel culture.

To hold Jimmy solely accountable for the job he was being paid to do is a bit much. What about those who wrote the skit? What about the network? what about the makeup artists?

Personally I think people are a little too effing sensitive if they've got to go digging into to the past to stir up shyt.

I don't even like Jimmy, but he's not a racist. You know damn well he would never do this today.

Let's bring back bullying so people can stop being so offended by literally everything!

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods

Ok, I’m all for canceling him as he’s just not talented nor professional and is just soaking up money that he doesn’t deserve. If you need a drink to work pal, you’re in the wrong business or get help. That’s why he should be cancelled not doing some racist skit YEARS ago. The 90s was pretty ****** towards women, are we gonna go on a witch hunt with that too? So exhausting. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block