#JimmyFallonIsOverParty trends on Twitter after racist video resurfaces

Who the **** cares? People need to move on. Times are crazy and it’s making people just as crazy. Not saying it’s right but you can’t judge actions of the past how you judge things in the present. Constantly giving your time and energy to those done and gone things only causes them to persist into the future. We don’t need that so just let it go. Why live in negativity? I get that this is how people are today, social media has given kids this super false sense of entitlement and messed with their heads to make them think their point of view is the ultimate, and that’s not so. Can we please move on from this childish behavior??

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Im glad most of the people commenting on here seem to be opposed to cancel culture and all the stupid stuff that goes along with it.

My suggestion: carry this thinking over to your politicians too. I find it ridiculous when people dig up an unrelatee quote from years ago and try to use it to "cancel" a politician. It screams desperation bc of not being able to defeat them through other means.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I honestly don't know how much time these people can spend to try and dig in someone's past to find dirt and find the excuse to cancel them. :squint:

It's so obvious they don't have a life on their own, so they try to make everyone else's lives like theirs.  :yaknow:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Cancel culture strikes again.

A 20-year-old video of Jimmy Fallon in ****** resurfaced, inspiring the #JimmyFallonIsOverParty trending topic on Twitter.

In the clip, Jimmy is performing an impersonation of Chris Rock on Regis Philbin’s (played by Darrell Hammond) Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Not saying this is right, but this feels super unnecessary. Just feels like the Internet is bored. 

I agree it's problematic, but should we be cancelling Fallon for this? Now? Thoughts?

fallon.jpg.c32742c53c7bcd70af757780b7e3b361.jpg

Bro. To say the internet is bored & this is unnecessary is doing nothing, perpetuating, and saying its ok for these racial stereotypes. I could care less if jimmy faces at least some consequences. Im not saying he should be completely cancelled but there should be consequences to this. This is too modern. And on top of that, ALL the late night talk show hosts are straight white and male right now. Add some mother ******* diversity. 

The person who posted that also mentions that Megan Kelly was fired for less, so I guess the point is bigger than simply "Jimmy painted his face black".

7 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

And Doja is still canceled too. 

OK you're officially annoying. Now hold on to your seat because karma is a *****.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, helloitsme said:

Bro. To say the internet is bored & this is unnecessary is doing nothing, perpetuating, and saying its ok for these racial stereotypes. I could care less if jimmy faces at least some consequences. Im not saying he should be completely cancelled but there should be consequences to this. This is too modern. And on top of that, ALL the late night talk show hosts are straight white and male right now. Add some mother ******* diversity. 

This IS racist. And the internet IS bored. Both things are true.
We can point out injusticies and talk about them so we can educate, but "cancelling" people for their past mistakes is narrow-minded and it only replicates the intolerance, and that shows that you guys don't really want people to learn but to pay for their mistakes. No society will learn and grow with that ideology, life doesn't work that way.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

This IS racist. And the internet IS bored. Both things are true.
We can point out injusticies and talk about them so we can educate, but "cancelling" people for their past mistakes is narrow-minded and it only replicates the intolerance, and that shows that you guys don't really want people to learn but to pay for their mistakes. No society will learn and grow with that ideology, life doesn't work that way.

I agree with you on some things but people still should be held accountable and have some consequences depending on the degree of their ignorance. I dont think he should be completely cancelled, but he should have an appropriate consequence... and well, hes already up for debate so hes already has that natural consequence. No ones perfect, but theres plenty other people to support that arent racist, as ignorant, or have a racist past. I like him, but a fool he was with that. 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Maybe I should I be cancelled for not liking That's Where You Take Me some 19 years ago when the Britney album is actually flawless and today it is deemed problematic to find a skip in that album. :imacat:

Dont ever make that equivalent to ******. Off tone joke. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block