Katy Perry performs "Daisies" and "Never Really Over" on Good Morning America

• Leader

Katy Perry performed "Daisies" and "Never Really Over" on Good Morning America remotely. 

She had a few backup dancers... :jj: 

I know this is not the best place to point out lip-syncing, but pretty sure "NRO" was 100% pre-recorded. "Daisies" had live moments. 

I know the song's going to debut at #45, but props to her work ethic. She's out there promoting during a pandemic while pregnant :rihclap:

Thoughts on the performances?

katy.jpg.60013b7d6b294bdc2206246ada97fcad.jpg

Related:

• Love 1

I just read a comment on another blog that said “Judging by these outfits Katy’s wearing, even Katy’s wedding dress will need Dr. Luke.” 😩😩😩💀 

Why would she perform NRO if she confirmed it’s not on the album? Maybe she realized that was her biggest shot at a hit again and now is regretting paying it dust?

Watching this performance the same day as the GaGa/Ari video makes me feel bad for Katy. It’s sad where her career is. But I stand by #karma

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2

:katyfrog: The only song she’s released lately that i’ve liked is Harleys in Hawaii.

Shes fallen really hard tbh None of her music has any of the impact that all her music through Prism had. At all. Its like she releases them and they’re just there.

I can’t believe people like that Never Really Over song, the lyrics are so obnoxious to me.

Also Daisies is also whatever to me, I feel nothing. When she has songs like “Thinking Of You”, these new songs are not it for me. 

American Idol has really put the nail in the coffin of her career. She is only being exposed to middle-aged and senior Americans, who quite frankly are not her target. No one young or relevant is watching American Idol in 2020, sorry.

If she wants to have a career she needs off that show, take a year or two off and come back with a new direction.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
On 5/22/2020 at 2:21 PM, MANDIXMX said:

:katyfrog: The only song she’s released lately that i’ve liked is Harleys in Hawaii.

Shes fallen really hard tbh None of her music has any of the impact that all her music through Prism had. At all. Its like she releases them and they’re just there.

I can’t believe people like that Never Really Over song, the lyrics are so obnoxious to me.

Also Daisies is also whatever to me, I feel nothing. When she has songs like “Thinking Of You”, these new songs are not it for me. 

American Idol has really put the nail in the coffin of her career. She is only being exposed to middle-aged and senior Americans, who quite frankly are not her target. No one young or relevant is watching American Idol in 2020, sorry.

If she wants to have a career she needs off that show, take a year or two off and come back with a new direction.

I've loved American Idol for years and I still watch ;) I'm also young

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block