Katy Perry performs "Daisies" and "Never Really Over" on Good Morning America

On 5/22/2020 at 11:25 PM, OnlyFacts said:

I just read a comment on another blog that said “Judging by these outfits Katy’s wearing, even Katy’s wedding dress will need Dr. Luke.” 😩😩😩💀

Hmm maybe everyone doesn't want to wear these kinda outfits when they're performing these days, especially when they are 8 months pregnant :tiffdrink: 

VmGfXNC.jpg

To put things into perspective, Katy is a 35 year old woman, did it ever occur to you or any of your friends over at the "blog" that she has moved past her Teenage Dream provocative girl image unlike some other pop stars this forum worships who still feels the need to dress like her 19 year old self's image to appeal to her audience? :tiffdrink:

Why would she perform NRO if she confirmed it’s not on the album?

When was it ever confirmed that it was not on the album dear? You can't just make up things. It has been confirmed that Never Really Over is track 1 and Harley's In Hawaii is track 9 on the album from her promo website. :tiffdrink:

Watching this performance the same day as the GaGa/Ari video makes me feel bad for Katy. It’s sad where her career is.

She's the happiest she's ever been, makes music "for the heart, not the chart", engaged to her soulmate, about to start a family in a few weeks, has a $25 Million paycheck from American Idol sitting at home, a $350 Million dollar net worth, a successful shoe business, 3 diamond singles and is exactly where she wants to be in her life. Really sad what her life has become huh? :tiffdrink:

On 5/22/2020 at 11:51 PM, MANDIXMX said:

I can’t believe people like that Never Really Over song, the lyrics are so obnoxious to me.

Also Daisies is also whatever to me, I feel nothing.

Both NRO and Daisies are regarded as career highlights by her fans and majority of the critics. Of course, I'm not forcing you to like the song, just don't trash good music when you know you'd do the exact opposite had Britney released something on the same lines as Daisies, a song about reaching out to your dreams. Of course, this wouldn't matter because we all know whenever (if she ever) comes out with a new song, it's going to be about moaning or s€x or dancing or partying :tiffdrink: but taste for liking Thinking Of You. It's all not that hard to stop pretending you don't like good music just because it makes you blend in with the rest of the forum :tiffdrink:

On 5/23/2020 at 1:58 AM, ijustwannareadandgo said:

No :katyfrog:

What your conscience should have told you before posting this highly unnecessary and irrelevant comment which has no contribution whatsoever into building the community and generating a positive discussion :tiffdrink:

Hun we all know you didn't even care to watch the video, why spread hate when you could just ignore? :tiffdrink:

On 5/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, Thecodeman25 said:

im glad she prerecorded vocals. Think of how much more budget and janky it would feel with terrible audio and vocals.

Don't come for Katy Perry's vocals post 2015 when you stan the person you do hun, just don't. It's embarassing. She's classified as an A List vocalist by the producer's she's worked with. Besides, it was infact live. :tiffdrink:

On 5/22/2020 at 10:27 PM, JordanMiller said:

I know this is not the best place to point out lip-syncing, but pretty sure "NRO" was 100% pre-recorded. "Daisies" had live moments. 

No "Daisies" did not just have "live moments" it was all live, NRO as well. You're just feeding the Exahale wolves more meat at this point Jordan :tiffdrink:

On 5/22/2020 at 10:27 PM, JordanMiller said:

I know the song's going to debut at #45, but props to her work ethic.

The #45 prediction came out 2 days after the song did. After that, the song has impacted adult contemporary and hot AC radios, a digital sale on her website, various live performances including two televised performances at the American Idol Finale and Good Morning America and added to many more playlists on streaming sites. Just stop adding oil to the first please, it seems like you're setting Katy up for getting dragged knowing it's a very Katy-phobic forum :tiffdrink:

---

Honestly, what do you expect from a GMA Performance during a pandemic by a 8-month pregnant lady? She delivered vocals, visuals and more than any of us could ever ask for. She could have just sat in her living room and sung into her earphones. But she took it one step further by employing visual effects of multiple versions of herself and a beautiful outdoor setting. Some performers can't even do this outside of quarantine.

@ILikeChillinWithYou signing out :tiffdrink:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Hmm maybe everyone doesn't want to wear these kinda outfits when they're performing these days, especially when they are 8 months pregnant :tiffdrink: 

VmGfXNC.jpg

To put things into perspective, Katy is a 35 year old woman, did it ever occur to you or any of your friends over the the "blog" that she has moved past her Teenage Dream provocative girl image unlike some other pop stars this forum worships? :tiffdrink:

When was it ever confirmed that it was not on the album dear? You can't just make up things. It has been confirmed that Never Really Over is track 1 and Harley's In Hawaii is track 9 on the album from her promo website. :tiffdrink:

She's the happiest she's ever been, makes music "for the heart, not the chart", engaged to her soulmate, about to start a family in a few weeks, has a $25 Million paycheck from American Idol sitting at home, a $350 Million dollar net worth, a successful shoe business, 3 diamond singles and is exactly where she wants to be in her life. Really sad what her life has become huh? :tiffdrink:

Both NRO and Daisies are regarded as career highlights by her fans and majority of the critics. Of course, I'm not forcing you to like the song, just don't trash good music when you know you'd do the exact opposite had Britney released something on the same lines as Daisies, a song about reaching out to your dreams. Of course, this wouldn't matter because we all know whenever (if she ever) comes out with a new song, it's going to be about moaning or s€x or dancing or partying :tiffdrink: but taste for liking Thinking Of You. It's all not that hard to stop pretending you don't like good music just because it makes you blend in with the rest of the forum :tiffdrink:

What your conscience should have told you before posting this highly unnecessary and irrelevant comment which has no contribution whatsoever into building the community and generating a positive discussion :tiffdrink:

Don't come for Katy Perry's vocals post 2015 when you stan the person you do hun, just don't. It's embarassing. She's classified as an A List vocalist by the producer's she's worked with. Besides, it was infact live. :tiffdrink:

No "Daisies" did not just have "live moments" it was all live, NRO as well. You're just feeding the Exahale wolves more meat at this point Jordan :tiffdrink:

The #45 prediction came out 2 days after the song did. After that, the song has impacted adult contemporary and hot AC radios, a digital sale on her website, various live performances including two televised performances at the American Idol Finale and Good Morning America and added to many more playlists on streaming sites. Just stop adding oil to the first please, it seems like you're setting Katy up for getting dragged knowing it's a very Katy-phobic forum :tiffdrink:

Honey, let’s rewind back to the witness era. Katy has been looking a frumpy mess for 4 years almost. Has she been pregnant since 2017 when she dressed as a LITERAL basketball? Talk about self dragging yourself.

Oh and this gem:

10 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

^ Exhale's resident Katycat, Chill, is back to drag y'all. :barbie:

I think you mean she’s back to drag herself. Not a legitimate argument in her 10 page essay above. Less is more @ILikeChillinWithYou Maybe we’d be just as pressed as she is if we stanned a human basketball who hasn’t had a hit in years and no true identity as an artist aside from being a product of Dr. Luke. Boohoo. Go stream “daisies” and help it stay on the hot 100 for more than 7 days 

1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Honey, let’s rewind back to the witness era. Katy has been looking a frumpy mess for 4 years almost. Has she been pregnant since 2017 when she dressed as a LITERAL basketball? Talk about self dragging yourself.

Oh yes, when a woman cuts her hair far below the socially acceptable hair length for a girl and dyes it another color and dresses from a different way than you want her to, she looks a frumpy mess :tiffdrink: Pretty misogynistic if you ask me, having to state how and what a person should wear and not wear.

Will you have said the same thing about Britney back in 2007? :tiffdrink:

And stop with the clownery. Katy has always dressed like that for performances and live appearances since the beginning of her career. I can show you various instances where she dressed as a Firework whilst performing Firework. Heck this girl even had cupcakes and whipped creams shooting out of her bra. Would you say that's any different than dressing up a basketball for performing a song called "Swish Swish"? It's part of her image lmao. Do your ground research :tiffdrink:

If you didn't know, she dressed up as a literal hand sanitizer and toilet paper for two American idol episodes. Her fans seem to love it and think she's being herself. Then what is the issue that you have with it? :tiffdrink:

You should know of Britney's street style back in the mid-2000s. Ofcourse the defence would be that she was just being herself. It's not that deep lmao. 

Don't compare 2017 Katy with 2020 Katy. You do realize you just contrasted a floral maternity wear to a custom made basketball outfit for two very different songs? :tiffdrink:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

I think you mean she’s back to drag herself. Not a legitimate argument in her 10 page essay above. Less is more @ILikeChillinWithYou Maybe we’d be just as pressed as she is if we stanned a human basketball 

Maybe I'd be just as pressed as you are if I worshipped age old recycled leotards and crop tops :tiffdrink: Everyone doesn't have to nore feels the need to expose so much skin to put on a performance that's appealing to their fans...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Oh yes, when a woman cuts her hair far below the socially acceptable hair length for a girl and dyes it another color and dresses from a different way than you want her to, she looks a frumpy mess :tiffdrink: Pretty misogynistic if you ask me, having to state how and what a person should wear and not wear.

Will you have said the same thing about Britney back in 2007? :tiffdrink:

And stop with the clownery. Katy has always dressed like that for performances and live appearances since the beginning of her career. I can show you various instances where she dressed as a Firework whilst performing Firework. Heck this girl even had cupcakes and whipped creams shooting out of her bra. Would you say that's any different than dressing up a basketball for performing a song called "Swish Swish"? It's part of her image lmao. Do your ground research :tiffdrink:

If you didn't know, she dressed up as a literal hand sanitizer and toilet paper for two American idol episodes. Her fans seem to love it and think she's being herself. Then what is the issue that you have with it? :tiffdrink:

You should know of Britney's street style back in the mid-2000s. Ofcourse the defence would be that she was just being herself. It's not that deep lmao. 

Don't compare 2017 Katy with 2020 Katy. You do realize you just contrasted a floral maternity wear to a custom made basketball outfit for two very different songs? :tiffdrink:

Her fans seem to love her dressing up as hand sanitizer? Her fans are 50 year old soccer moms who drive vans. I mentioned nothing about Katy’s hair. I’m talking about her aesthetic. You’re grasping at straws accusing me of being misogynistic, yet you’re judging Britney for being in her late thirties wearing a leotard? Honey, you’re pathetic. It must suck to know that the only reason Katy Perry is relevant is because of Dr. Luke. Katy is the joke of the industry...I can’t wait to see her sales for kp5 😂🤣🤣 lets hope you keep this same energy then. GO STREAM DAISIES, loser

Maybe I'd be just as pressed as you are if I worshipped age old recycled leotards and crop tops :tiffdrink: Everyone doesn't have to nore feels the need to expose so much skin to put on a performance that's appealing to their fans...

Aww. At least Britney is a legend. Katy is a joke. Agreeing to dress as a hamburger in Taylor’s video 🤣🤣 the jokes write themselves. 

30 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

VmGfXNC.jpg

To put things into perspective, Katy is a 35 year old woman, did it ever occur to you or any of your friends over at the "blog" that she has moved past her Teenage Dream provocative girl image unlike some other pop stars this forum worships who still feels the need to dress like her 19 year old self's image to appeal to her audience? :tiffdrink:

Hun we all know you didn't even care to watch the video, why spread hate when you could just ignore? :tiffdrink:

---

Honestly, what do you expect from a GMA Performance during a pandemic by a 8-month pregnant lady? She delivered vocals, visuals and more than any of us could ever ask for. She could have just sat in her living room and sung into her earphones. But she took it one step further by employing visual effects of multiple versions of herself and a beautiful outdoor setting. Some performers can't even do this outside of quarantine.

Also, you asked when was it confirmed never really over wasn’t on the project? When she said daisies was the lead single, that’s when. She gave an interview and said the songs last year were her just having fun and putting things out (basically to see what sticks. Embarrassing 🥴). But now that daisies is flopping, she’ll probably try to say NRO was the lead single and put it on the album since that was the final top 20 of her career 🤣

1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Her fans seem to love her dressing up as hand sanitizer? Her fans are 50 year old soccer moms who drive vans. I mentioned nothing about Katy’s hair. I’m talking about her aesthetic. You’re grasping at straws accusing me of being misogynistic, yet you’re judging Britney for being in her late thirties wearing a leotard?

Who threw the ball first? Stop clowning yourself. Sure we'll adjust with the "50 year old soccer moms" tag. Atleast we're not white bottom gays in their mid 30s clinging onto their childhood nostalgia :tiffdrink:

4 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

It must suck to know that the only reason Katy Perry is relevant is because of Dr. Luke

I can rewrite the same argument by swapping the name with Max Martin. Atleast Katy wrote a fair hand of her songs and had a share in building her image from her debut. I understand your frustration :tiffdrink:

5 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Katy is the joke of the industry...

Have you checked a certain celebrity's instagram lately? I'll let that question answer itself and define who's actually the joke here. 

6 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Aww. At least Britney is a legend. Katy is a joke.

Sure Britney is far more legendary than Katy will probably ever be. But at what cost? :tiffdrink: Happiness, Freedom and Satisfaction > A Legendary Career

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Who threw the ball first? Stop clowning yourself. Sure we'll adjust with the "50 year old soccer moms" tag. Atleast we're not white bottom gays in their mid 30s clinging onto their childhood nostalgia :tiffdrink:

I can rewrite the same argument by swapping the name with Max Martin. Atleast Katy wrote a fair hand of her songs and had a share in building her image from her debut. I understand your frustration :tiffdrink:

Have you checked a certain celebrity's instagram lately? I'll let that question answer itself and define who's actually the joke here. 

Sure Britney is far more legendary than Katy will probably ever be. But at what cost? :tiffdrink: Happiness, Freedom and Satisfaction > A Legendary Career

Wow. So now you’re homophobic? “Atleast we're not white bottom gays in their mid 30s clinging onto their childhood nostalgia @JordanMiller @Roxxydo you see this? 

Just now, OnlyFacts said:

Also, you asked when was it confirmed never really over wasn’t on the project? When she said daisies was the lead single, that’s when. She gave an interview and said the songs last year were her just having fun and putting things out (basically to see what sticks. Embarrassing 🥴). But now that daisies is flopping, she’ll probably try to say NRO was the lead single and put it on the album since that was at least the final top 20 of her career 🤣

Trust me, I've seen all her interviews. The only thing she has stated is that the previous year she was experimenting with various sounds trying to find the perfect direction for her next album based on how her fans reacted to the songs. NRO was the most well received and appreciated song, thus it's in the album. Same with HIH. It's not that deep lmao. Stop making up fake receipts. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

And you can make the same argument that Britney is nothing without Max Martin? Honey, Britney’s most iconic and critically acclaimed album BLACKOUT had no Max Martin credits! Her career is fine without Max Martin. You’re  PRESSED!! Go seek help

Just now, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Hun I'm **** myself :orangu: So you consider calling someone gay an insult or a slur? That says a lot.

You’re pathetic. I wonder if your a_ss is jealous of the s_hit that comes out of your mouth. It must be so hard being one of Katy’s last 5 fans. I hope you enjoy her on American Idol 🤣

22 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

And you can make the same argument that Britney is nothing without Max Martin? Honey, Britney’s most iconic and critically acclaimed album BLACKOUT had no Max Martin credits! Her career is fine without Max Martin. You’re  PRESSED!! Go seek help

Sure her career is fine without Max huh? Chile I love a good laugh. Who wrote and produced Baby One More Time again? :tiffdrink: Would there even be a Blackout without a BOMT, Oops or Britney? :tiffdrink:

20 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

You’re pathetic. I wonder if your a_ss is jealous of the s_hit that comes out of your mouth. It must be so hard being one of Katy’s last 5 fans. I hope you enjoy her on American Idol 🤣

I'll be happy even if I'm one of the last 5 fans of Katy knowing that I have the rational argument in this whole debacle :tiffdrink: I was not the person who felt the need to post a hate comment about a pregnant woman delivering an excellent performance during a nation wide lockdown.

And I should seek help? Say that to the petty bich who downvoted every single one of my posts on this thread because I have a different opinion and countered all your arguments :tiffdrink:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block