If you weren’t around for 2007...

10 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

I have to be honest. as long as we know from close sources, what happened that night was thanks to Britney. everything went wrong cause she was panicking everywhere and not properly prepared. 

however they did her wrong badly. 

because she wasn't ready for a comeback, why her team allowed this?:lessons:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't like revisiting that part of her life, but at the same time I kinda wish all those that mocked her and attacked her back in the day were exposed today and got ashamed of their behavior, but I know first of all, they're so cynical it wouldn't affect them at all. But most importantly, people still consider it's ok to mock Britney nowadays, so no one would really join the cause.

I mean, Tyra Banks has recently be called out and exposed for all the "insensitive" ANTM moments, but I imagine if we were to exposed those that mocked Britney, people instead of getting mad at them, would agree and justify the attacks to Britney 

No way in hell lol. Did you watch the video I posted? That’s an entirely different level of hate. They barely even talked about the performance and just called her a fat loser and bad mom. I’d bet a lot of people would reconsider their thoughts about Britney after rewatching this clip. I’m sure it might actually do the opposite and have people thinking no wonder this women is so hurt. Yes there’s always going to be the ********* but I think most people would side with the fact that those men were wrong and a lot of media at that time. People just forget. If you don’t follow Britney it’s easier to jump to “she’s crazy “ in your mind. If people were more educated they would get it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OhBritneyBritney said:

How do you guys feel when other people make 2007 Britney jokes? Like on social media, when people shave their hair off and say something like "mood: 2007 Britney"? In a time where people preach about mental health, why is Britney an exception?

I take them out back and give them the umbrella ...to hold.

• Love 1

These people are vile and what they said was terrible. But is going after everyone who has been mean to her useful? It's been 13 years and even if they were total **********, they are not the ones exploiding her every single day.   I am in no way defending a single word they said and I would like to believe, as @Eltoxico said, this would not happen in 2020(hopefully) mocking a woman in clear distress for her weight, her clothing. Ugh. I mean, ok maybe it's a bad.performance, bit dietitian? Really?

To summarize, this is good to remember but I don't think these are the people who really damaged her life. They are consequences, not cause.

And huge props to Ferguson. Truly a great approach.

• Super Mods

I don’t care about that those guys having to apologize, I’m so over apologies at this point with so many people apologizing their past actions and suddenly they are in the clear. That’s great that you experienced a little slight humiliation but will that erase the mental abuse they caused on her? Will they take back those “fat years”? 

I’m more concerned about how today’s generation can’t see that Britney is beyond just another entertainer and I’m not saying that as a fan.

This generation likes to focus on mental health and well being especially when it comes to today’s artist and how they “suffered” but when it comes to Britney, she had it coming. Because she had a public meltdown and embarrassed herself to the world, they see her as broken and toss aside like her achievements didn’t mean anything. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Disgusting.  Absolutely disgusting.  I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this.  Maybe I have and I figured once was enough.  Nonetheless, here I am watching it again.  I can’t believe that this was allowed to be aired.  This must’ve been the news anchor’s one chance to live out his dreams of being a standup comedian.  Unfortunately, he failed at that and being a reputable news anchor.  As for Joel McHale, he should stick to reading jokes from the teleprompter.  I had the displeasure of seeing him live, probably around this time actually (a friend had tickets and invited me), and he was horrible!  I was so relieved that I didn’t have to pay for the show.  The way that people talked about Britney back then was barbaric.  They would certainly never get away with that crap in this day and age.  And as much as I feel some people may be too sensitive nowadays, this was just too far.  You could clearly see that this was a girl crying for help.  Some of the quotes from that night were astounding as well.  I wonder if that TMZ quote was directly from that little troll Harvey’s mouth.  It all just makes me sick.  It’s also unfortunate that people still feel that they can say things about Britney today, despite living in a different time in society.  And, yet, people wonder why she comes off as so insecure sometimes.  She was never anything but sweet and endearing, but people couldn’t help and continue to try and crush her and tear her down.  Sad.  Truly sad.

EDIT:

Although I’ve seen this clip before, here is a recent article referring to it again.  Pure class.  Nothing else to say.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2487586/craig-ferguson-expected-to-get-fired-from-cbs-late-late-show-over-britney-spears-coverage

I’m not sure if the article provides a link to the video, so here it is.

Thank you for posting this, I used to watch his show all the time, yet somehow I missed this one...not surprising as I was in the midst own addiction problems in 2007.  I love Craig Ferguson, I miss his show. I hope he’s doing well. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
14 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

Thank you for posting this, I used to watch his show all the time, yet somehow I missed this one...not surprising as I was in the midst own addiction problems in 2007.  I love Craig Ferguson, I miss his show. I hope he’s doing well. 

Well he got rewarded for it because he wanted to use one of her songs (oops?) in one of his specials or project and he was telling his colleagues about getting the rights to use it, they all told him it was gonna be hard or super expensive yet when he asked her representative they said Britney will grant his request and also not demand any money. Didn’t even need to know about what’s it’s gonna be used for. Doesn’t it pay to not be a jackass?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I liked the Gimme More performance back then. I thought she was drunk at the time though and thats why I liked it haha. Like, '**** you guys I do what I want.'

Looking back on it now I dont think she was drunk, but I still like it. She looked badass.

Nobody I was in the vicinity of back then ever thought she was fat though. I think it might have just been the media perpetuating that ****ery.

31 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

You’re welcome.  I came across it not too long ago actually.  It really struck me.  I always enjoyed his show whenever I would catch it.  However, this gave me a newfound respect for him.  It resonated with me, too, because I have someone very close to me who has struggled with addiction.  I’ve been to my share of Nar-Anon meetings because of it.  Just like you hope he is doing well, I hope you are doing well too.  :sendinglove:

• Love 1