If you weren’t around for 2007...

14 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Can we please not revisit 2007? I was scared every single day. I just learned a few years ago how to separate the amazing Blackout album  from everything else in 2007. 

Rather than revisit that time, let’s just celebrate the fact that Britney survived 2007 and is still with us, and is happier and healthier and fighting for her freedom.

I respect the fact that you want to ignore the bad but for me personally I’ll never forget it and I want every future generation to know Britney’s story and that includes the good the bad and the down right ugly.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Well, I'm not mad. :)

Britney always said that everything she don't like, medias love it, and everything she likes, medias hate it. So I'm happy to know that I don't like crap. :comingthru:

Medias would try to find anything wrong to impact Britney's image, even if the VMA 2007 were at the 2000 VMA level, medias would do anything to laugh at her in 2007.

Yes unfortunately media does that but they have a huge platform and they crossed the line.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

I respect the fact that you want to ignore the bad but for me personally I’ll never forget it and I want every future generation to know Britney’s story and that includes the good the bad and the down right ugly.

I respect that. It’s just such a bad thing to remember, and still scares me to this day. And tbh, I wouldn’t put it past the people around her to have orchestrated her breakdown in an attempt to get control over everything...not accusing anyone in particular, just saying, I wouldn’t be surprised. And how did Lutfi not end up in jail if he did what Lynne said? Just none of it makes sense. None of it. Everything about it is so dark and I always think where would she be if 2007 never happened how it did. Ugh. I’m about to cry...

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Disgusting.  Absolutely disgusting.  I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this.  Maybe I have and I figured once was enough.  Nonetheless, here I am watching it again.  I can’t believe that this was allowed to be aired.  This must’ve been the news anchor’s one chance to live out his dreams of being a standup comedian.  Unfortunately, he failed at that and being a reputable news anchor.  As for Joel McHale, he should stick to reading jokes from the teleprompter.  I had the displeasure of seeing him live, probably around this time actually (a friend had tickets and invited me), and he was horrible!  I was so relieved that I didn’t have to pay for the show.  The way that people talked about Britney back then was barbaric.  They would certainly never get away with that crap in this day and age.  And as much as I feel some people may be too sensitive nowadays, this was just too far.  You could clearly see that this was a girl crying for help.  So of the quotes from that night were astounding as well.  I wonder if that TMZ quote was directly from that little troll Harvey’s mouth.  It all just makes me sick.  It’s also unfortunate that people still feel that they can say things about Britney today, despite living in a different time in society.  And, yet, people wonder why she comes off as so insecure sometimes.  She was never anything but sweet and endearing, but people couldn’t help and continue to try and crush her and tear her down.  Sad.  Truly sad.

Its awful. It’s not constructive and it’s certainly beyond mean. It’s hateful. Britney has a bad performance so that means she’s a fat girl, bad mom, crazy *****, ect? What the **** is wrong with people. If that man has a daughter I’d like to imagine he’d be LIVID that another grown man was attacking his girl over a performance. It’s sickening. Sick sick sick. This video really hit a nerve in my soul. I might make a response video to these men. No one should be allowed to talk like that and have ZERO consequences. No justice in that. Times up. I’m sick of this **** being overlooked. If we could get Glory trending and number one in pop then I’m certainly sure we can call these ********* out.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Disgusting.  Absolutely disgusting.  I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this.  Maybe I have and I figured once was enough.  Nonetheless, here I am watching it again.  I can’t believe that this was allowed to be aired.  This must’ve been the news anchor’s one chance to live out his dreams of being a standup comedian.  Unfortunately, he failed at that and being a reputable news anchor.  As for Joel McHale, he should stick to reading jokes from the teleprompter.  I had the displeasure of seeing him live, probably around this time actually (a friend had tickets and invited me), and he was horrible!  I was so relieved that I didn’t have to pay for the show.  The way that people talked about Britney back then was barbaric.  They would certainly never get away with that crap in this day and age.  And as much as I feel some people may be too sensitive nowadays, this was just too far.  You could clearly see that this was a girl crying for help.  Some of the quotes from that night were astounding as well.  I wonder if that TMZ quote was directly from that little troll Harvey’s mouth.  It all just makes me sick.  It’s also unfortunate that people still feel that they can say things about Britney today, despite living in a different time in society.  And, yet, people wonder why she comes off as so insecure sometimes.  She was never anything but sweet and endearing, but people couldn’t help and continue to try and crush her and tear her down.  Sad.  Truly sad.

EDIT:

Although I’ve seen this clip before, here is a recent article referring to it again.  Pure class.  Nothing else to say.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2487586/craig-ferguson-expected-to-get-fired-from-cbs-late-late-show-over-britney-spears-coverage

I’m not sure if the article provides a link to the video, so here it is.

YES MATTY! 
tenor.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

They would never get away with this in 2020. Freaks. 

Featured your topic on the homepage @TakeYourHand

I couldn't find it to post here but there was an article I read entitled "We Owe Britney Spears an Apology"

Because NONE of this would be allowed today.  Everyone is so sensitive to mental health and self care that no one would be allowed to tear her down like this.

*But as I write this I do think Britney is the exception cause even today people do make jokes of her and her instagram & put little thought into whats actually going on with her health.  So its not as harsh as it was but they could still be better with her.

• Love 2
  • Like 5

I don't like revisiting that part of her life, but at the same time I kinda wish all those that mocked her and attacked her back in the day were exposed today and got ashamed of their behavior, but I know first of all, they're so cynical it wouldn't affect them at all. But most importantly, people still consider it's ok to mock Britney nowadays, so no one would really join the cause.

I mean, Tyra Banks has recently be called out and exposed for all the "insensitive" ANTM moments, but I imagine if we were to exposed those that mocked Britney, people instead of getting mad at them, would agree and justify the attacks to Britney 

• Love 2
  • Like 6
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

It would be awesome to see these guys publicly apologize to Britney. Imagine that. Full circle moment when the media can apologize to Brit. I bet she’d be on cloud nine!

Full circle moment when she becomes president 

• Love 8

I remember being sooo mad about what this so called "comedian" says about Britney's kids. 

Do you even imagine how hard it is to hear this just before going on stage ?? I would call off the performance, and go out fight this ***** in front of all these clowns and call it "An Opening Show". 

• Love 1