Serious Poll: Who had the most disappointing decade? Why?

Serious Question – Who Had The Most Disappointing Decade? Why?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

** DISCLAIMER  .... 

THIS IS NOT TO START A STAN WAR.... I'm just curious, based on the recent poll of who had the BEST decade, who do you all think had the most disappointing, and why? I'm curious what albums we didn't like, where we think things could've been better... tours, singles.... let's have some fun! 

For me, it's Christina Aguilera. I  have been a fan of Christina since 1999. I  was so stoked after her long hiatus to hear 'Bionic' was coming out, and I  think it's one of the most flavorful albums of the 2010's. It was extremely disappointing to see which singles were chosen, how the tour was canceled, and the album ultimately scrapped. From there, 'Lotus' disappointed me because it was so generic, and nothing happened until 'Liberation'. 

I  do think Lady X brought it back full swing with her residency and that phenomenal 'Liberation'.... but Christina could've had such a huge 'Bionic' era if they managed it a little differently.... 

disappointed.jpg

• Love 3

I’m gonna have to say Demi, mainly because she made next to no impact against her peers and her personal struggles (and personality) have really held her back. 

Everyone else on the list furthered their careers in a more significant way: 

Britney: biggest radio era of her career, 2 #1s, 3 top 10s and 2 top 20s, 4 years of one of the highest selling residences etc. 

Christina: The most artistically creative album released, maintained work and presence from judging The Voice (although Christina is runner up for worst decade imo)

Ari: Recently reached her current peak, one of the only pop stars charting. 

Gaga: most of her popularity was during the last decade and she was pretty huge. 

Madonna: still achieving critical acclaim and setting tour records despite ageism within the industry. 

Miley: 2013 VMAs and bangers outsold, outimpacted and outiconed Demi’s whole career. Achieved main pop girl status for a hot minute. 

Taylor: arguably the biggest pop star on the planet during the 10’s  

Selena: Revival and her hits from that era are still talked about. 

Adele: sold more albums with 21 and 25 than some artists on the list could ever sell, universally adored.

Lorde: critics adore her, cult following. 

Rihanna: ANTI and Fenty Beauty have elevated Rihanna to mogul status. 

Katy: huge ‘10-‘15, flop era still sold well comparatively, highest paid celebrity judge on AI. 

JLo: still managed hits, didn’t age, successfully residency. 

I spent too much time on this comment but have thoroughly justified why Demi is 10’s queen of flop :peasants:

• Love 6

Well Difficult but i could say Madonna she had 3 tours during this decade but one worst than the other and her latest records compared to the past decade it was very low budget.

Miley After Hannah montana brings her up, she's like no more hannah montana ever, i hate hannah montana , and thats no good. she needs to support always HM because it was her begginings, she cannot ashame of that. 

Also Britney with all the thing we know.

And XTina (the problem of Xtina is she loses the GP is because her shows are non ok, its so boring with songs like mariah, and always the same, she needs to change everything, her first tours like stripped or sears tour were too much better than her lattest shows so boring with the song selection.

Demi lovato well all you know. 

Lady Gaga/Jlo / Shakira are doing the same since last years. , exploring the market doing things like one day is good, the other it was a hit i play , it doesn't was a hit a forget .

:omg:

OMG I voted and replied before reading the original post. :ohwut:

What is this Xtina slander. :chrissy: You really out here claiming she had a disappointing decade when she made The Voice. She built The Voice. She is The Voice. When she got a Hot 100 #1 last with Moves Like Jagger which outsold all of Britney's singles combined for the entire 2010s decade. When she also won a Grammy for Say Something. And you dare call her last decade a disappointment. :fakecry:

All these things, Demi did not do or achieve in the 2010s. But you tried it though. :byetina:

• Haha 2
  • Like 5
33 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I’m gonna have to say Demi, mainly because she made next to no impact against her peers and her personal struggles (and personality) have really held her back. 

Britney: biggest radio era of her career, 2 #1s, 3 top 10s and 2 top 20s, 4 years of one of the highest selling residences etc. 

Christina: The most artistically creative album released, maintained work and presence from judging The Voice (although Christina is runner up for worst decade imo)

Gaga: most of her popularity was during the last decade and she was pretty huge. 

Madonna: still achieving critical acclaim and setting tour records despite ageism within the industry. 

Miley: 2013 VMAs and bangers outsold, outimpacted and outiconed Demi’s whole career. Achieved main pop girl status for a hot minute. 

Adele: sold more albums with 21 and 25 than some artists on the list could ever sell, universally adored.

Katy: huge ‘10-‘15, flop era still sold well comparatively, highest paid celebrity judge on AI. 

I spent too much time on this comment but have thoroughly justified why Demi is 10’s queen of flop :peasants:

Wow, great analysis! Short but straight to the point. I agree with it all.

• Haha 2

I voted Madonna.... I recognize her last album hit number one but I haven’t been a fan of her music this decade... really tried to like it though... I loved her music in the 80’s and 90’s and 00’s so I would say yeah I was disappointed... I know Demi has her issues, but I think she really proved her vocal abilities in the past decade :katycream: 

• Like 1

don't really know why people are voting Demi... to be disappointing people have to have high expectations of you in the first place...

I voted Katy Perry... One of The Boys and Teenage Dream were great albums and I stanned her pretty hard but starting with PRISM her music just got really basic and boring, and then Witness was a huge flop even tho I thought it was a decent album. Now she has fallen hard and barely charts, idk something feels missing that was present on her first 2 albums. :/ 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, babyimmafreak90 said:

I  love all the thought! Yes!~

On 5/15/2020 at 12:13 AM, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

don't really know why people are voting Demi... to be disappointing people have to have high expectations of you in the first place...

I voted Katy Perry... One of The Boys and Teenage Dream were great albums and I stanned her pretty hard but starting with PRISM her music just got really basic and boring, and then Witness was a huge flop even tho I thought it was a decent album. Now she has fallen hard and barely charts, idk something feels missing that was present on her first 2 albums. :/ 

so true, and it breaks my heart! 

• Love 1
On 5/14/2020 at 6:51 PM, Roxxy said:

What is this Xtina slander. :chrissy: You really out here claiming she had a disappointing decade when she made The Voice. She built The Voice. She is The Voice. When she got a Hot 100 #1 last with Moves Like Jagger which outsold all of Britney's singles combined for the entire 2010s decade.

Outsold Hold It Against Me, Till The World  Ends, I Wanna Go, Criminal, Scream & Shout, Ooh La La, Work *****, Perfume, Pretty Girls, Make Me AND Slumber Party COMBINED? I need receipts please :staysalty:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Outsold Hold It Against Me, Till The World  Ends, I Wanna Go, Criminal, Scream & Shout, Ooh La La, Work *****, Perfume, Pretty Girls, Make Me AND Slumber Party COMBINED? I need receipts please

In the US alone, it has outsold Britney's two biggest digital sellers Womanizer and Scream & Shout both sold only 4M. MLJ is certified 9x platinum in the US alone. Her next big sellers is TTWE only at 2M and the rest just crossed 1M in digital sales. The rest barely made platinum. And we know MLJ is a worldwide smash. So if we include EU numbers, it's really over for Brit. :mattafact:

On 5/15/2020 at 1:43 AM, Alxatc said:

I voted Madonna.... I recognize her last album hit number one but I haven’t been a fan of her music this decade... really tried to like it though... I loved her music in the 80’s and 90’s and 00’s so I would say yeah I was disappointed... I know Demi has her issues, but I think she really proved her vocal abilities in the past decade :katycream: 

rebel heart was good

On 5/15/2020 at 3:13 AM, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

she did halftime during this decade tho? shes flopping now but early 10's she rocked

Just now, Roxxy said:

In the US alone, it has outsold Britney's two biggest digital sellers Womanizer and Scream & Shout both sold only 4M. MLJ is certified 9x platinum in the US alone. Her next big sellers is TTWE only at 2M and the rest just crossed 1M in digital sales. The rest barely made platinum. And we know MLJ is a worldwide smash. So if we include EU numbers, it's really over for Brit. :mattafact:

Still need to see individual sales but won’t do that today and we all know it’s because of Maroon 5 whose solo singles were also selling well. Britney also had her solo hits so if Christina’s features are the only thing that saved her that decade then she doesn’t have anything over Britney :mattafact:

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block