This Day In Pop: 'Pretty Girls' music video premieres in 2015 (May 13)

3 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Unless stated explicitly, those kind of messages are either hit or miss, in my opinion. It was also a super cheesy song that doesn't really suit Britney/Iggy.

I think the reference just flew under people's radar, because the movie isn't really that popular. I mean, I don't know if at the time it came out, it was, but I had never heard of it in my life, as something that people references, or some sort of culture staple. 

So as you said with the other example, people really thought they were for real. I remember a lot of the comments complaining about them glorifying superficiality and stuff like that :orangu_orangutan_ape: it was just a song, like chile 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think the reference just flew under people's radar, because the movie isn't really that popular. I mean, I don't know if at the time it came out, it was, but I had never heard of it in my life, as something that people references, or some sort of culture staple. 

So as you said with the other example, people really thought they were for real. I remember a lot of the comments complaining about them glorifying superficiality and stuff like that :orangu_orangutan_ape: it was just a song, like chile 

Agreed :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: They were referencing something people weren't well aware of, hence the backlash :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

24 minutes ago, asitalian12587 said:

this video is great and i lovedddd seeing britney doing some hip hop dancing again. side note, her interview about hanging out with iggy and having a "wonderful salad" cracks me up every time i see it, shes so random :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I love when she talks about Iggy introducing her dog to her as if it was a person :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Haha 4
  • 11 months later...