Have you ever wondered why Britney has never attended the Met Gala?

Mxra

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

Anna Wintour and Vogue magazine have always had a strong dislike for Britney. When she finally got a Vogue cover in 2005 or 2006 the pictures were forgettable and it was the lowest selling number ever to that point. 

Met Gala is not her thing at all

Britney had her first Vogue cover in 2001

Image may contain Magazine Human Person and Tabloid

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Then the question remains the same, why has Britney never attended, even back in the day when she was bigger than Mandy Moore? 

I think it's a valid question.

Cause it wasn't for "commercial popstars" before. The MET was much more exclusive before than it is now.

21 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Britney had her first Vogue cover in 2001

Image may contain Magazine Human Person and Tabloid

They were right though it was the the worst-selling issue to date- Britney is not and never has been high fashion. and Anna Wintour and Vogue don't like Britney, that's not Britney’s scene. 

33 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

But they're today's popstars. They are current. Just like Mandy Moore will be invited if there was a MET Gala in 2001 even if she never was a fashion icon. Cause she was one of the big 4 popstars even if she was a flop and never got passed the Top 20 on the Hot 100. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. :blol:

Like gurl.

You really be out here pushing this when it's not only me who have this opinion. Take a look at the replies above. :mattafact:

Yeah right aquaria from ru Paul is super current :typing:

34 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

But they're today's popstars. They are current.

Jonas Brothers current popstars :quirkney: didn't know that we were in 2011

& your point about 'current' is entirely and totally wrong when you're an A-lister (*cough* Madonna *cough* JLo *cough* Paris Hilton).

I think it has more to do with Britney not being interested by it. If even Paris Hilton got an invitation, why wouldn't one of the biggest trend-setter fashion-wise of the 2000s never get an invitation & a celebrity basically known for her... looks (costumes in MVs & messy red carpets)? 

Adele, Spears, Jolie, Aniston & Streep are the 5 A-listers that never stepped on the red carpet.

28 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

She's never been invited. She's basically blacklisted there and on Vogue Magazine (pretty much for obvious reasons) 

I've heard about it, but why is vogue following her on ig then?

12 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Yeah right aquaria from ru Paul is super current

Aquaria won Drag Race less than 2 years ago and has been in various fashion magazines. Even appearing in the pinnacle of fashion magazines, Vogue Italia. Aquaria is an IMG model. :imacat:

Archived