Have you ever wondered why Britney has never attended the Met Gala?

Mxra

6 hours ago, ovoxo said:

She’s a humble fashion icon :frenchy:  she’s been a huge fashion influence throughout the years. She was one of the main faces of early 2000’s fashion.. the tracksuits, belly shirts, fedora, low cut pants. britney-spears-fashion-022-1798041-15274

She would even still slay today tbh. She clearly still has influence, multiple people have impersonated her recently and they dressed like her. If she would apply that influence to something high end it would make an impact. 

Do you know what Vogue is, none of this fashion Britney made popular is considered high fashion or featured in Vogue magazines. She's a pop icon not a high fashion one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Born2Die said:

Youtube people go now. So it's become very low brow now

SEC_66244292.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

LOL exactly... MET gala has become more of a themed costume party than a fashion gala.  You don't need to be a fashion icon anymore to attend.  Heck, Z-listers and even YouTubers attend now lol.  It's more about who's costume can get the most attention while staying relevant to the theme.

I personally think she was simply not invited, but even if she was, I doubt her team would let her go. It would be a nightmare to control her and keep her on a leash there (though that could be a hot costume tbh that would totally make a statement lol!).  At other places, like a red carpet or interview it's easy for them.

I hope she does get to go someday because she loves to dress up and usually feels more confident when she does lol.  But I also kinda agree with @warioaddams above, it's kind of a cult-y illuminati-vibe club which we know she stays far away from in recent years lol.

51 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

Do you know what Vogue is, none of this fashion Britney made popular is considered high fashion or featured in Vogue magazines. She's a pop icon not a high fashion one.

All the pop girls go to Met Gala. Do you consider Katy Perry a high fashion icon? :tina:

Because Britney has never had fashion sense of Rihanna or The Kardashians whom always are seen in carpet and if not, would be missed badly. Britney has worn throughout the years clothes that were trendy for the time. Even tho she did put in some trends of fashion, she has never been so strong in the fashion pursuit

10 hours ago, ol123 said:

Most of the people that attend arn't fashion icons. Jonas brothers, Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth ... just to name a few i can recall going. 

But every single one of them dress for red carpets. Britney doesn’t know how to dress, she also doesn’t ever get a stylist. That’s a huge difference between Hollywood who attends those events and Britney lol

this isn’t me dogging her either, I appreciate a humble queen.

13 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Yes, I have. They're fashion icons. Have you seen Britney's red carpet looks? or even her every day at home looks? :imacat:

The MET Gala is headed by Anna Wintour. The event is about fashion. Britney is no longer a fashion icon. She's not even that relevant anymore.

I think this is a hard pill to swallow for fans now. She’s not relevant anymore. She is a legend but she has transitioned into the likes of Mariah, Madonna, Cher, and all those artists whole once were on top and now are only legacy acts. She’ll never have another top album especially now since she refuses to talk about cship or write about anything real. She’s a meme online with an amazing past. 

Archived