Have you ever wondered why Britney has never attended the Met Gala?

Mxra

Britney is one of the few A list celebrities that has never attended the Met Gala. 

Have you wondered why? 

What would she wear? Apart from the obvious shorts and crop top. 

She's surely been invited

We need the next era to include a Met Gala slayage :letitburn:

Gothney at the Met -

DcpSQIcVwAM_rUP.jpg 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does baffle me that she’s one of the rare few superstars to not have attended the event, even between 1999 - 2004! 

I’d actually love to see her one year attend and just really have fun with the fashion and make a real splash! 

11 minutes ago, Derrick said:

Because she isn’t a fashion icon (regardless of what the teen choice awards say) I can’t think of any time Britney cared about clothes to the extent of going to a met gala. 

Most of the people that attend arn't fashion icons. Jonas brothers, Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth ... just to name a few i can recall going. 

Just now, ol123 said:

Have you seen the kind of people they invite now? 

Yes, I have. They're fashion icons. Have you seen Britney's red carpet looks? or even her every day at home looks? :imacat:

The MET Gala is headed by Anna Wintour. The event is about fashion. Britney is no longer a fashion icon. She's not even that relevant anymore.

Just now, Roxxy said:

Yes, I have. They're fashion icons. Have you seen Britney's red carpet looks? or even her every day at home looks? :imacat:

The MET Gala is headed by Anna Wintour. The event is about fashion. Britney is no longer a fashion icon. She's not even that relevant anymore.

You think people like the Jonas Brothers, The Hemsworths, Miley Cyrus and James Charles are fashion icons?

Half of the people that attend now can't even be considered B list celebrities :ohwut: 

So many unheard of people walk that carpet. 

13 minutes ago, holditagainstbritney said:

Realistically? I doubt she’s ever been invited at all. She’s never really been known for being on the cusp of fashion.

This.

Those who think Britney will ever be considered to be invited is delusional.

I mean, the very fact that this thread exists and we have to sit here and discuss WHY - speaks a lot about Britney's "eligibility". :mattafact:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

This.

Those who think Britney will ever be considered to be invited is delusional.

I mean, the very fact that this thread exists and we have to sit here and discuss WHY - speaks a lot about Britney's "eligibility". :mattafact:

You really be out here forgetting about all the unheard of people that have actually been attending for the past few years. 

Clearly the Met isn't just about inviting fashion icons anymore

Like girl- 

Tell me when Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus and many of the others have ever been considered a fashion icon, because it's never happened.  

33 minutes ago, ol123 said:

Britney is one of the few A list celebrities that has never attended the Met Gala. 

Have you wondered why? 

Gothney at the Met -

DcpSQIcVwAM_rUP.jpg 

Britney would slay the Met gala with this look!

8 minutes ago, ol123 said:

You really be out here forgetting about all the unheard of people that have actually been attending for the past few years. 

Clearly the Met isn't just about inviting fashion icons anymore

Like girl- 

Tell me when Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus and many of the others have ever been considered a fashion icon, because it's never happened.  

But they're today's popstars. They are current. Just like Mandy Moore will be invited if there was a MET Gala in 2001 even if she never was a fashion icon. Cause she was one of the big 4 popstars even if she was a flop and never got passed the Top 20 on the Hot 100. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. :blol:

Like gurl.

You really be out here pushing this when it's not only me who have this opinion. Take a look at the replies above. :mattafact:

44 minutes ago, ol123 said:

Have you wondered why? 

Gothney at the Met -

DcpSQIcVwAM_rUP.jpg 

She's never been invited. She's basically blacklisted there and on Vogue Magazine (pretty much for obvious reasons) 

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

But they're today's popstars. They are current. Just like Mandy Moore will be invited if there was a MET Gala in 2001 even if she never was a fashion icon. Cause she was one of the big 4 popstars even if she was a flop and never got passed the Top 20 on the Hot 100. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. :blol:

Like gurl.

You really be out here pushing this when it's not only me who have this opinion. Take a look at the replies above. :mattafact:

Then the question remains the same, why has Britney never attended, even back in the day when she was bigger than Mandy Moore? 

I think it's a valid question. :yaknow:

However, I really don't care, because I know that's not the world Britney likes. And there's other people that has never attended either, like Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston, Adele, or even Meryl Streep herself

1510576334851.jpg

Archived