Have you ever wondered why Britney has never attended the Met Gala?

Mxra

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

They had a reality show in 2012 that focused on their supposed (at the time) "comeback". So they are in Anna's radar. :barbie:

Oh :britlol: 

Still, can you explain to me why are there so many people here thinking that she's somehow 'blacklisted'? Has Wintour said anything to Britney in the past? 

'Cause I'm at a loss to understand in which world would Miley Cyrus be able to get an invitation a few months after one of the trashiest eras of pop music these past decades & not Britney :jj: I've always thought that it was only Britney not giving a **** about it :imacat: (and tbh I'm glad she didn't these past few years - maybe except for 2016 - cause her red carpets have been some incredible tasteless mess) 

38 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Cause our agenda for the week is "SIMPLIFY". :blol:

CC: @JordanMiller 

35 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Yes I really want to work on simplifying processes on Exhale :katycry:

The receipts don't lie :katycry:

All of the reactions were used less than 1% minus the ones we kept. :katycry:

pie.jpg.492b32cdd262377f4f8b00609d35a108.jpg:katycry:

I'd react sad to those comments but I can't do that anymore :fakecry:

it was good while it lasted 

1 hour ago, Derrick said:

Because she isn’t a fashion icon (regardless of what the teen choice awards say) I can’t think of any time Britney cared about clothes to the extent of going to a met gala. 

She’s a humble fashion icon :frenchy:  she’s been a huge fashion influence throughout the years. She was one of the main faces of early 2000’s fashion.. the tracksuits, belly shirts, fedora, low cut pants. britney-spears-fashion-022-1798041-15274

She would even still slay today tbh. She clearly still has influence, multiple people have impersonated her recently and they dressed like her. If she would apply that influence to something high end it would make an impact. 

4 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

Still, can you explain to me why are there so many people here thinking that she's somehow 'blacklisted'? Has Wintour said anything to Britney in the past? 

I don't think she's ever outright said anything, but it's always been rumoured:

Spears' first and only appearance on a Vogue cover was back in November 2001 for an issue dedicated to American fashion (it hit stands just weeks after Sept. 11). The issue was a flop, according to the source. Editor-in-chief Anna Wintour "will never put her on the cover again," the source says. "She's just not a Vogue kind of girl."

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/27710058.html

5 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I don't think she's ever outright said anything, but it's always been rumoured:

Spears' first and only appearance on a Vogue cover was back in November 2001 for an issue dedicated to American fashion (it hit stands just weeks after Sept. 11). The issue was a flop, according to the source. Editor-in-chief Anna Wintour "will never put her on the cover again," the source says. "She's just not a Vogue kind of girl."

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/27710058.html

so the rumour of a flop issue (that came right after 9/11) from 19 years ago when she was a teen & during a year in which she started to be hated by the medias & by a source that started multiple wrong rumours in the past (including the bodyguard & naked Britney one) :mj:

well that confirms what I thought, that's just Britney not giving an f :quirkney: thanks 

2 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

so the rumour of a flop issue (that came right after 9/11) from 19 years ago when she was a teen & during a year in which she started to be hated by the medias & by a source that started multiple wrong rumours in the past (including the bodyguard & naked Britney one) :mj:

well that confirms what I thought, that's just Britney not giving an f :quirkney: thanks 

Just fyi I wasn't saying the source was credible myself, just where this idea she was blacklisted may have came from

Considering in her WHOLE career she has been only once on Vogue, being that one of the least sold magazines that year...I think she most likely is not invited by Anna. 

Also do not think she would like to join, she seem like she doesnt like socializing with crowds. 

3 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

Anna Wintour and Vogue magazine have always had a strong dislike for Britney. When she finally got a Vogue cover in 2005 or 2006 the pictures were forgettable and it was the lowest selling number ever to that point. 

Met Gala is not her thing at all

Her Vogue cover was in 2001 and it came out not long after September 11th happened which is most likely why it was one of their lowest selling issues, not because Britney was on the cover! 

However Anna has expressed dislike for Britney especially after the breakdown. Vogue is overrated imo, I prefer Harper’s Bazaar, just saying! 

4 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Yes I really want to work on simplifying processes on Exhale :katycry:

The receipts don't lie :katycry:

All of the reactions were used less than 1% minus the ones we kept. :katycry:

pie.jpg.492b32cdd262377f4f8b00609d35a108.jpg:katycry:

I just started getting use to them. I think most people were.

4 hours ago, xkhingx said:

aquaria is pretty famous and her fashion is literally insanely good so what’s your point?

My point is... aquaria can be super famous in the gay community but he will never be more relevant than Britney Spears... britney could not have the best fashion sense in her daily routine... but just one of her music videos looks can destroy any look of any “a list” celebrity. So ummm yeah I would say Britney definitively is a fashion icon... toxic, oops, baby one more time, etc :chrissy:

Just now, JP9101 said:

britney could not have the best fashion sense in her daily routine... but just one of her music videos looks can destroy any look of any “a list” celebrity. So ummm yeah I would say Britney definitively is a fashion icon... toxic, oops, baby one more time, etc 

That's being a pop culture icon. Not a fashion icon per se. There is a difference. :imacat:

6 hours ago, holditagainstbritney said:

Realistically? I doubt she’s ever been invited at all. She’s never really been known for being on the cusp of fashion.

this +

i think she has some opinions about it too
her personality is not exactly the type to go there extra confident with an extra extravagant outfit to show off. but i would love to see her there!

Archived