Iggy Azalea talks about #FreeBritney and debunks the misconception that she blamed Britney for "Pretty Girls" flopping

Two things are happening here that make Iggy look better. First being that she is acknowledging and promoting  #freebritney. She has a fan base (even small) that will see and research the movement, if they don’t already know. Second being that if she hops on the #freebritney bandwagon, she can have the blame taken off of herself and put on Brit’s team with hopes that it will help her public image. Iggy almost never talks about Pretty Girls or Britney. This was an opportunity. If Britney can keep her mouth shut (really ever since BOMT but especially since the conservatorship) surely Iggy can drop a five year old song (that was honestly a corny and weaker Fancy.) Next time I hear from Iggy I want it to be about her solo music. Period.

• Like 2

Remember when she picked jlos vegas show over britneys after all the drama about pretty girls happened lol shes acting like she was never mad but lbr she really wanted the song to work.

Remember when lou shaded her in that iconic twit on britneys twitter saying “how happy she was to have shows to look forward to” right after iggys tour got cancelled lmfao what a mess

still glad that she mentioned freebritney

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Wow. :omg: When you say it like that.. i - that actually makes me rethink my opinion about Work Beep not being iconic enough. :idkney:

And yeah TEA to everything you said about Iggy. :thelook:

Some food for thought. WB hit #1 in over 50 countries' iTunes charts (53, to be exact). It hit #2 in the US iTunes chart. Both within 24 hours of release. It peaked at #12 on the BB Hot 100, outpeaking many of her classic hits. And the music video, IIRC, got Vevo Certified within the year. In fact, the video is what bumped it up to #12 from (IIRC) #17 or something. And that was all without a single promotional performance until the 2016 BBMAs, three full years after its release. That was all just because of the FANS. So I have never understood the mentality behind calling WB a flop or not an iconic entry in her discography. :nyschool: All it proves is that Iggy was right, Britney's songs would be bigger if she bothered to perform them more, because I can guarantee WB would've been top 5 had she performed it a few times before its release like she did with all her prime hits.

As soon as she started to perform WB at the BBMAs, at the Apple Music Festival, at the iHeart Radio Music Festival, the GP actually became aware of it, and actually gave a damn. But by then, the only thing that benefited were the video views.

She hasn't actively promoted a single since TTWE:

IWG, Perfume, MM and SP were performed on tours.

Criminal, OLL and TD were paid absolute dust.

S&S had its music video premiere on X-Factor, but Britney never performed it with will.i.am, instead it was French pop star Alizee who did.

Only WB and PG had promotional performances, and even then, WB was part of larger sets and was never performed alone.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Omg stop it!!  You know I was only saying that in a joking way, because someone teased you about it the other day. :bigkiss:Sleeping Beauty Disney GIF

Aww Matty. I love you so much like for real. :makeitrain:

But like for real though. I don't have anything else to do while in quarantine. And I know most people here still have their classes online and do work from home or still go out to work. I don't have that. I quit my job just before Corona became a big deal. I was just in hiatus, enjoying pre-retirement. That's how I came here on Exhale. :imacat: Now, i wake up and just watch Netflix and a lot of cartoons like My Little Pony. I never leave upstairs. I only switch places staying in my room or in the living room. It's just me and my dog all day. I literally only go downstairs whenever I need to eat a proper meal. But mostly i just eat cookies and a lot of junkfood and gummie bears. If only i had a pantry upstairs, then there would be absolutely no reason for me to go downstairs except when I need to give Barbie a bath (which is every 3 or 4 days). :donewithit: I get videocalls from my mom and friends every now and then so Exhale is the next best thing for me really. AND SLEEPING. :blol:

EDIT: Love you 🧡💛💜

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Some food for thought. WB hit #1 in over 50 countries' iTunes charts (53, to be exact). It hit #2 in the US iTunes chart. Both within 24 hours of release. It peaked at #12 on the BB Hot 100, outpeaking many of her classic hits. And the music video, IIRC, got Vevo Certified within the year. In fact, the video is what bumped it up to #12 from (IIRC) #17 or something. And that was all without a single promotional performance until the 2016 BBMAs, three full years after its release. That was all just because of the FANS. So I have never understood the mentality behind calling WB a flop or not an iconic entry in her discography. :nyschool: All it proves is that Iggy was right, Britney's songs would be bigger if she bothered to perform them more, because I can guarantee WB would've been top 5 had she performed it a few times before its release like she did with all her prime hits.

As soon as she started to perform WB at the BBMAs, at the Apple Music Festival, at the iHeart Radio Music Festival, the GP actually became aware of it, and actually gave a damn. But by then, the only thing that benefited were the video views.

S&S had its music video premiere on X-Factor, but Britney never performed it with will.i.am, instead it was French pop star Alizee who did.

Only WB and PG had promotional performances, and even then, WB was part of larger sets and was never performed alone.

I mean, yeah I know about the Billboard stats but never paid much attention to the other factors surrounding the single so i just never got it. :eheeek: Only realizing now, after you've mentioned all of that, now it makes sense to me. :idkney: Sorry for not seeing it before. :yesokay:

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Aww Matty. I love you so much like for real. :makeitrain:

But like for real though. I don't have anything else to do while in quarantine. And I know most people here still have their classes online and do work from home or still go out to work. I don't have that. I quit my job just before Corona became a big deal. I was just in hiatus, enjoying pre-retirement. That's how I came here on Exhale. :imacat: Now, i wake up and just watch Netflix and a lot of cartoons like My Little Pony. I never leave upstairs. I only switch places staying in my room or in the living room. It's just me and my dog all day. I literally only go downstairs whenever I need to eat a proper meal. But mostly i just eat cookies and a lot of junkfood and gummie bears. If only i had a pantry upstairs, then there would be absolutely no reason for me to go downstairs except when I need to give Barbie a bath (which is every 3 or 4 days). :donewithit: I get videocalls from my mom and friends every now and then so Exhale is the next best thing for me really. AND SLEEPING. :blol:

EDIT: Love you 🧡💛💜

I feel you.  I've been out of work since the last week in March.  That's one of the reasons I have been on here so much lately and have actually started to engage with everyone.  I'm glad I have.  However, I will be going back to work soon.  I have been putting off a few things on my to do list so I need to light the fire under my *** and get them done.  I, too, have been sleeping a lot.  I LOVE my sleep!  I know as soon as life gets back to normal I will be go, go, go like I normally am.  My schedule is usually jam-packed between two jobs, doing shows, and just trying to have some kind of social life.  Anyway, that's enough rambling.  So, are we talking old school MLP or FIM?  

Spoiler

i object my little pony GIFI demand to know!  Hahaha.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I feel you.  I've been out of work since the last week in March.  That's one of the reasons I have been on here so much lately and have actually started to engage with everyone.  I'm glad I have.  However, I will be going back to work soon.  I have been putting off a few things on my to do list so I need to light the fire under my *** and get them done.  I, too, have been sleeping a lot.  I LOVE my sleep!  I know as soon as life gets back to normal I will be go, go, go like I normally am.  My schedule is usually jam-packed between two jobs, doing shows, and just trying to have some kind of social life.  Anyway, that's enough rambling.  So, are we talking old school MLP or FIM?  

Reveal hidden contents

i object my little pony GIFI demand to know!  Hahaha.

:plzexplain:

Ohh now I get it. Yeah i did notice you posting a lot more now and I am sooo glad you do. Exhale is greatful for you. 💜🧡💛

I feel relieved that i'm not the only one. :blol:

You do shows? Are you a performer? Are you a Dad? You're funny. You're my ... friend [? (as Logan) ] you are, Matty Jean. :jtum:

Oh and yeah. It's FIM. I have not seen any episode of the OG one. I only got into My Little Pony, like in 2014. :barbie:

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Buffybot said:

Oh wow, very different response from last year. She let It clear again the team is the problem and mentioned Free Britney.

Now I need her to give details about the security guys checking her house. C'mon Iggy I need more tea :sipnstare:

She said it was to make sure she wasn’t trying to “give her” anything. Implying ***** 

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Even if it's true, I think what I found more annoying is that she kept whining about how the song wasn't a feature, but a duet, meaning it was as much an Iggy song as it was Britney's, so why didn't she promote the song by herself? Why couldn't she go and perform the song on tv shows or something, like Britney performed MATM back in the day? If she's so convinced that the song wasn't a flop, then I don't know why she made those comments back then. 

Iggy did something similar with Brazilian pop star Anitta. She wanted to promote it. Anitta came from Brazil to promote the song but unfortunately she had other songs to promote and shows booked  in Brazil. She couldn't be always in the US to promote the song so Iggy put the blame on the flop on her (even though it was Iggy song). Like she couldn't promote it by herself. :ohwut:

I can't stand Iggy. I like some of her songs but her attitude sometimes is pitiful. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Make Me... WAS performed at Jonathan Ross though, and also that Today show whatever it was when the tv reporter almost drowns, but everything else is true :mhm:

Well, and the VMAs too, but I think all that promo happened too late

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
30 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

:plzexplain:

Ohh now I get it. Yeah i did notice you posting a lot more now and I am sooo glad you do. Exhale is greatful for you. 💜🧡💛

I feel relieved that i'm not the only one. :blol:

You do shows? Are you a performer? Are you a Dad? You're funny. You're my ... friend [? (as Logan) ] you are, Matty Jean. :jtum:

Oh and yeah. It's FIM. I have not seen any episode of the OG one. I only got into My Little Pony, like in 2014. :barbie:

Thanks!  I’m glad I have too.  It’s been fun interacting with and getting to know everyone. :awyeah:

And you’re definitely not the only one.  (Why did I hear Sam Smith when I wrote that? Haha)

Yes, I do shows.  Well, I just got back into it a year ago.  Wednesday is actually the year anniversary to me getting back into and getting my first leading role.  Since then I’ve done 4 shows.  So, this quarantine has actually been a nice break.

Not a dad, but I have been called daddy once or twice.  :britlol::o

You haven’t seen any of the OG?!  Fun fact: I was obsessed as a kid and my dad hated it.  :gimmemoar:

9 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Thanks!  I’m glad I have too.  It’s been fun interacting with and getting to know everyone. 

I'm glad too. This is our most personal ever. :crying4:

10 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

And you’re definitely not the only one.  (Why did I hear Sam Smith when I wrote that? Haha)

TAAASTE. OMG i love that sooong omg. :sobbing:

11 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Yes, I do shows.  Well, I just got back into it a year ago.  Wednesday is actually the year anniversary to me getting back into and getting my first leading role.  Since then I’ve done 4 shows.  So, this quarantine has actually been a nice break

You do theatre? :gaspney:

13 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Not a dad, but I have been called daddy once or twice.  

Well, I can call you that everyday if you'll let me.  :tiffdrink:

14 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

You haven’t seen any of the OG?!  Fun fact: I was obsessed as a kid and my dad hated it.  

I actually am not sure if I have or haven't. I only found out about it like in 2015 and it looked very familiar - as if i'm looking at an iconic image or something. However, I have no memory of any scene or plot so I just assumed that I haven't seen it ever. :donewithit:

• Love 1