Iggy Azalea talks about #FreeBritney and debunks the misconception that she blamed Britney for "Pretty Girls" flopping

4 hours ago, ronron said:

Remember when she picked jlos vegas show over britneys after all the drama about pretty girls happened lol shes acting like she was never mad but lbr she really wanted the song to work.

Remember when lou shaded her in that iconic twit on britneys twitter saying “how happy she was to have shows to look forward to” right after iggys tour got cancelled lmfao what a mess

still glad that she mentioned freebritney

yeah. Of course she was pissed, at least a bit. She wanted the song for herself and Britney's team didn't let her have it on her album because they told her it was gonna be B9's lead single lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, joko***** said:

She said it was to make sure she wasn’t trying to “give her” anything. Implying ***** 

I remember she said that, but there is definetely more details in the story.

Their attitude were far from normal, she implied this all happened without her permission. A solid proof about how controlling and questionable Brit's team acts.

I hope Iggy says more, because for sure there's more weird things behind the scenes.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I'm glad too. This is our most personal ever. :crying4:

TAAASTE. OMG i love that sooong omg. :sobbing:

You do theatre? :gaspney:

Well, I can call you that everyday if you'll let me.  :tiffdrink:

I actually am not sure if I have or haven't. I only found out about it like in 2015 and it looked very familiar - as if i'm looking at an iconic image or something. However, I have no memory of any scene or plot so I just assumed that I haven't seen it ever. :donewithit:

This is our most personal.  Dare we say this is our Britney Jean?  :unreal:

I love that song too.  Now I need to watch the video.  Dianna Agron.  :werk:

I got back into theatre last year after a 17 year hiatus.  Best decision I’ve made.  :jumpney:

Daddy Matty?  :ohcrap:

You should watch the OG.  Although, I don’t know if it stands the test of time like some of my other faves from a kid.  The funny thing is most of the shows I watched as a kid have been remade.  :barbie:

• Love 1

I mean she's right. It was #29 on the BBHot100 which isn't a total disaster. Top 40 is considered a hit. But yeah, she didn't do anything to promote it other than the video and the BB Music Awards. If she would do more, her music might sell better. I bet that's really frustrating to someone like Iggy who wrote the song and was excited to do it with Britney to then watch her not promote it and even give it a real chance.

5 hours ago, Mattyj7883 said:

This is our most personal.  Dare we say this is our Britney Jean?

Oh Matty. :makeitrain: Not too slow and not too quick, baby make me tik tik boom. :chrissy:

I love that song too.  Now I need to watch the video.  Dianna Agron.  

Omg the taste. :gaspney:

I got back into theatre last year after a 17 year hiatus.  Best decision I’ve made.

17 year hiatus? :britlol: And how is it going so far? Are you taking workshops? You know, like as a refresher. It's good that you went back to your passion. I wish I could go back dancing too. Not as a profession. Like, just a hobby. I used to be in dance school when I was a teen. :idkney:

Daddy Matty?

Just "Daddy". :brityes:

You should watch the OG.  Although, I don’t know if it stands the test of time like some of my other faves from a kid.

I've thought of that more than twice whenever i'm bored. But the drawing just throws me off. Cause it just looks waaay different than what i'm used to, which is FIM. :wontcry:

The funny thing is most of the shows I watched as a kid have been remade

You talk as if you're that old. :ohwut:

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

econd being that if she hops on the #freebritney bandwagon, she can have the blame taken off of herself and put on Brit’s team with hopes that it will help her public image

"The blame"? Iggy did (and said) nothing wrong. Just facts... :reductive: but back in the day crazy Knee stans were blindly attacking everyone who was saying anything true about Britney and her team... :angietea:

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Make Me... WAS performed at Jonathan Ross though, and also that Today show whatever it was when the tv reporter almost drowns, but everything else is true :mhm:

Well, and the VMAs too, but I think all that promo happened too late

The fact that I forgot those performances even happened just shows how classic and iconic they weren’t. :NYsassy:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Oh Matty. :makeitrain: Not too slow and not too quick, baby make me tik tik boom. :chrissy:

Omg the taste. :gaspney:

17 year hiatus? :britlol: And how is it going so far? Are you taking workshops? You know, like as a refresher. It's good that you went back to your passion. I wish I could go back dancing too. Not as a profession. Like, just a hobby. I used to be in dance school when I was a teen. :idkney:

Just "Daddy". :brityes:

I've thought of that more than twice whenever i'm bored. But the drawing just throws me off. Cause it just looks waaay different than what i'm used to, which is FIM. :wontcry:

You talk as if you're that old. :ohwut:

game of thrones boom GIF
Yeah, 17 years!  It’s going great, thanks!  The first show back was amazing.  I went in to audition for a small part but got the lead!  One of the most surreal experiences of my life!!  I don’t think anything could top it (that’s what he said hahaha).  I think you should start dancing again!  Reconnect with that part of yourself.  I highly recommend it.  Daddy says do it!  (That’s also what he said hahaha)

Also, yes, the animation from the two are SO different!!  I actually prefer the original first two movies animation.  It was the same animators who did the Dungeons and Dragons animated series.  And, I know, I like to just joke about being older since it seems there’s a lot of youngin’s in here.  Haha.

• Love 1

I actually feel REALLY bad for Iggy. at the time she spilled the tea about Britney team investigating her house and such and talking about the cship on the Jonathon Show. Britney was quick to cut it out and the media created a feud between them. 

congrats Britney team and silly britney stans, you were manipulated :gunriah::drag:

On 5/6/2020 at 8:38 AM, Mattyj7883 said:

Yeah, 17 years!  It’s going great, thanks!  The first show back was amazing.  I went in to audition for a small part but got the lead!  One of the most surreal experiences of my life!!  I don’t think anything could top it (that’s what he said hahaha).

You got the leeeaddd??? :o and omg how did I miss this post. I'm only seeing this now cause someone bumped the thread. :deadbanana:

I think you should start dancing again!  Reconnect with that part of yourself.  I highly recommend it.

Yeah cause I miss performing in front of people. I live for the applause applause applause.

lady gaga applause GIF

But I still learn pop star choreos, mostly k-pop on Youtube. I also get up when I listen to Overprotected and dance in front of the mirror. That's the most... 'dancing'... i've done since 2009. :haha:

Daddy says do it!

Yes, dzaddy:thirsty:

That’s also what he said hahaha

:ohwut:

Also, yes, the animation from the two are SO different!!  I actually prefer the original first two movies animation.  It was the same animators who did the Dungeons and Dragons animated series.  

But have you tried watching an episode of FIM? :barbie:

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

You got the leeeaddd??? :o and omg how did I miss this post. I'm only seeing this now cause someone bumped the thread. :deadbanana:

Yeah cause I miss performing in front of people. I live for the applause applause applause.

lady gaga applause GIF

But I still learn pop star choreos, mostly k-pop on Youtube. I also get up when I listen to Overprotected and dance in front of the mirror. That's the most... 'dancing'... i've done since 2009. :haha:

Yes, dzaddy:thirsty:

:ohwut:

But have you tried watching an episode of FIM? :barbie:

Hahaha.  I do this sometimes too.  Yes, I got the lead.  Such a surreal experience.  One of the greatest of my life.  

Omg the applause!!  That never gets old! Get your butt dancing again!  
I, too, dance to Overprotected.  I always loved the part at the end.  This part she starts..

britney-spears-overprotected5.gif

Bur during the DWAD tour it was so awesome because she had that long runway!  Ahhhh!!  :yesplease:

I have watched FIM.  I’m a big kid so I love cartoons.  It’s an ongoing joke with my friends about MLP and other 80’s cartoons.

big brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark
(btw I don’t know why the above gif would come up when I searched “big kid” but I’m here for it)

• Love 1

Honestly Pretty Girls is the worst and most embarrassing thing Britney has ever done in her entire almost flawless career. I can even live with BJ and oh lala, but this was just cringe. I mean little mix co-wrote this song and even they did not want it. If team B restricted her from promoting it then its 1 good thing that they did. :mhmnod:

43 minutes ago, Email My D said:

Honestly Pretty Girls is the worst and most embarrassing thing Britney has ever done in her entire almost flawless career. I can even live with BJ and oh lala, but this was just cringe. I mean little mix co-wrote this song and even they did not want it. If team B restricted her from promoting it then its 1 good thing that they did. :mhmnod:

Oh come on, Ooh La La is way worse than Pretty Girls.

1 minute ago, Britney'sBish said:

Oh come on, Ooh La La is way worse than Pretty Girls.

No it was not. Ohh la la was for a kids movie and targeted towards little kids which made it some what appropriate. Pretty Girls was all kinds of a mess. Everyone was already traumatized after BJ, die hard fans were waiting for her to redeem herself and release great music we know she's capable of and we ended up with pretty girls. 

Thank the heavens for Glory, it restored the faith we have in her. :lessons:

• Haha 3
  • Like 3