Why Circus by Britney Spears is one of the biggest comeback albums

Jordan Miller

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thread forgot about the walkney tour, that at least had some decent production, and which is her best-selling tour after POM (that gave a piece of axis's production when it went on tour, iconic slayage, they do know how to milk something without spending ****)

But after womanizer, that era lacked some visuals: the Circus MV is kinda meh (unpopular opinion) compared to the lead. for a theme such as "Circus", it could've been handled much much better. I mean the MV looks like a backstage tour. They stopped all the promotion after the second single, they could've expended the era further: radar was messy af. I don't like the album itself that much, my least favorite from her after BJ of course. 

She was definitely not ready for the VMAs, but a performance could've pushed even further the "comeback of the century", especially she could've put a la S4U a real riccus on stage. 

I detect no lies from this..

The Circus era was huuuuuuge and massively underrated in the community.. Its a pure pop album and its much better than Femme Fatale..

The handling of Radar was messy, they should've released maybe 1 or 2 more singles IMO and they definitely messed up by not putting TROUBLE on the album..

But as a comeback, one of the biggest for me..

I think maybe more than the album itself, the era as a whole was definitely a huge comeback from the mess that 2007 had been. Because it wasn't even like she had been on a huge hiatus or something. If any, Blackout should've been that comeback album we were waiting for since ITZ, but just ended up being still part of her breakdown.

They really messed up after that. The FF era could've been the perfect follow up to that success if they freed her from the cship after the Circus Tour like they promised her, and still, somehow managed to be decent.

Funny how one of her weakest albums, comparing it to ITZ and Blackout, made a huge impact on pop culture history. They still could've managed to squeeze 2-3 singles if promoted properly after the Radar mess. :miley:

Amnesia and Trouble deserved to be on the main tracklist and be released as singles. Although the reason why Trouble was not included is because of the likeness to Get Together.

Nevertheless WE stan a comeback.  :mhm:

27 minutes ago, aleomg said:

Funny how one of her weakest albums, comparing it to ITZ and Blackout, made a huge impact on pop culture history.

Because it wasn't the album - per se - that made an impact, but the era as a whole. If it was the album, then it'll be popping up on year and decade end lists. :imacat:

YESSSSS!!!:kisses:

Spoiler

:staysalty:it’s beautiful

It would have been such a huge era, after a flop era, after every person on earth hating on her, after every person saying her career would fall and would never recover again, to all the tabloids and magazines and news, to everyone who made fun of her mental issues, for everyone whom thought she would end up as a flop, for those disregarded her, for those un-loyal fans who left her during those times:kyliecry: Britney overturned that with best-selling album of 2008 and third highest grossing tour of 2008 with one of the hugest hits of decade, Womanizer:makeitrain: even billboards predictions of her album sales in its first week were wrong:meryl:they predicted it would sell 300k in its first week but Britney did the DOUBLE of that and hit 505k sales:ohcrap:the album already went platinum within a month:tysm: truly an iconic era. The 3rd hugest comeback in pop history. Otherwise, the trinity is: Circus era, Confessions on the dance floor era, and Emancipation of Mimi:unbothered:  

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Because it wasn't the album - per se - that made an impact, but the era as a whole. If it was the album, then it'll be popping up on year and decade end lists. :imacat:

From that point of view, it's true. The whole era was truly amazing and it did cause such a fuss. The Circus tour is one of her best 💖

Britney invented magic. :letitburn:

Archived