Why Circus by Britney Spears is one of the biggest comeback albums

Jordan Miller

Hmm I personally hate Circus as an album. The whole thing was so :mariahstare: but the iconicness of Womanizer and Circus (which literally was an important moment in me finding out that i was gay) whew a cultural reset. Easily one of the best comebacks ever (outsold Jesus Christ's comeback by miles) :tysm:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, conceptuel said:

The thread forgot about the walkney tour, that at least had some decent production, and which is her best-selling tour after POM (that gave a piece of axis's production when it went on tour, iconic slayage, they do know how to milk something without spending ****)

But after womanizer, that era lacked some visuals: the Circus MV is kinda meh (unpopular opinion) compared to the lead. for a theme such as "Circus", it could've been handled much much better. I mean the MV looks like a backstage tour. They stopped all the promotion after the second single, they could've expended the era further: radar was messy af. I don't like the album itself that much, my least favorite from her after BJ of course. 

She was definitely not ready for the VMAs, but a performance could've pushed even further the "comeback of the century", especially she could've put a la S4U a real riccus on stage. 

Omg, I never really thought about her doing the 2008 VMA’s a la S4U! Such a disappointment.. It’d have been marvelous!!! Can’t even imagine what she’d do on stage.

what do you mean 'one of the biggest'? it IS THE BIGGEST comeback in music history. Call me delusional, but the only comeback that was almost as big was Mariah's Emancipation of Mimi, and Circus is only bigger because the tour backing up her comeback was bigger than Mariah's comeback. Hell the circus tour was the highest female grossing tour of that year and that's saying a lot since both Gaga and Beyonce (both peak time) were touring.

1 minute ago, EasyThere said:

Well neither Womanizer nor Circus are bad. So I don't see lack of taste. Its just personal preference  :yaknow:

I'd dragged myself if I said WB is better :yaknow:

Why womanizer and circus are faaaarrrrr from bad:praisega: they both are bops I play on loud volume on my Bose speakers (no flex:chrissy:) just that Toxic isn’t so....ugh!:yesplease: I just love it

There were few tracks left out of the album that stand to be some of my favourite tracks from Britney; Amnesia, Trouble and Quicksand! Amnesia especially :scalped: 'forget about me, meeeeeeeeee, meeeeeeeeeeee' :urite: beautiful harmonies

I wish they were more creative with the album, I feel that they could have re-arranged the tracklist, or renamed the album opposed to it obviously being called 'Circus' :mhm:. I've been watching the circus tour recently and I'm so amazed at how amazing she was on the tour! 

15 hours ago, conceptuel said:

The thread forgot about the walkney tour, that at least had some decent production, and which is her best-selling tour after POM (that gave a piece of axis's production when it went on tour, iconic slayage, they do know how to milk something without spending ****)

But after womanizer, that era lacked some visuals: the Circus MV is kinda meh (unpopular opinion) compared to the lead. for a theme such as "Circus", it could've been handled much much better. I mean the MV looks like a backstage tour. They stopped all the promotion after the second single, they could've expended the era further: radar was messy af. I don't like the album itself that much, my least favorite from her after BJ of course. 

She was definitely not ready for the VMAs, but a performance could've pushed even further the "comeback of the century", especially she could've put a la S4U a real riccus on stage. 

I agree, always thought the Circus mv had so much potential but kind of felt just...eh. that whole era has the feeling of half-heartedness from B for me, so while I appreciate it, the only *moment* I feel like she put her all into was the Womanizer mv. imo. Mariah Carey Reading GIF side note - i'm new. why are all my GIFs gigantic and yours are all smaller? help, I'm 32 and tech challenged now apparently. 

Archived