Taylor swifts opening singles are always the worst songs of the record

melodramaprince

I have been a Taylor swift fan for a few years, becoming more interested in her once I started studying business and communication and had to look into her more as a business brand and label powerhouse. I have followed her choices socially and privately and find her choices fascinating but mainly, why are her first single releases so much more excruciating than the rest of the albums. also, why are a lot of her single choices (.) some of the less interesting songs of the releases.

speak now - mine,  sparks fly

red- we are never getting back together, 22

1989- shake it off, bad blood

reputation - look what you made me do, ready for it, end game 

lover- me (criinge)

I feel like there's obviously a side to the decision to pick the catchiest, most commercially available choice - but there's so many lyrically relevant and beautiful songs on the record that get over looked, especially by people that won't dive deeper and listen to the rest after hearing the first single release. 

taylor-shake.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's known for being a sell-out though, like her whole career is basically just marketing so I'm sure they lead with the songs they think are gonna get the most buzz and sell the most (which isn't necessarily a bad method). I don't follow her but I will say Me was a really bad song though. It had Brendon Urie so I guess they were thinking his appearance was enough to get buzz.

This is the most mistaken opinion that I have read. :ohwut:
I think the problem with Taylor is in the second singles, he always releases a promo single that is too successful and takes too long to release video, losing much emphasis on the song. It has happened to him with all his eras except the perfect and undisputed 1989. :bedtime:

I agree that ME! was a terrible choice The Man or even YNTCD would’ve been better. I love 1989 and think it’s one of the best pop albums of the 2010s but shake it off is one of my least favorite songs on the album but I understand why it was the lead:yaknow:  however LWYMMD, Mine and WANGBT are iconic flawless hops 

Archived