Britney celebrates the "Oops!... I Did It Again" 20-year Anniversary

Her best song and album ever :donewithit:

And the video is my favorite too.

Oops is actually the first album I owned, because BOMT, my neighbor had it (on cassette) and that's how I used to listen to it. 

It's so delicious, from beginning to end, and as Roxxy said, it was the album that consolidated Britney as a true icon and not just as a one hit wonder. Many people, including Britney at some point, catalog Oops as BOMT 2.0, as if it was something bad. I think they took the formula and made it a million times better. And it actually makes sense that being so close to each other, they sound so similar. I actually wish her discography had more of this. I mean, they record so many songs, that they could easily do 2 or 3 albums at once, well, back to back, with a similar sound, so the "eras" would last 3 albums, instead of one followed by a huge break.

Just yesterday Billboard published an article about top 40 "deep cuts" from albums of 2000, and Don't Go Knockin' on My Door landed at 7. That song, and What U See and Can't Make You Love Me could've easily become singles too. And even the ballads like Heart, Where Are You Now, or the B-Side Walk on By had single potential too. Even Dear Diary, arguably the least good song on the album, it's so bad, that it's good, like, in an iconic way. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

You can not imagine what makes me angry what they do with the legacy, with its image and with its non-disconnected language ..."The red suit was so freaking her...but the dance was fun"
If Britney wrote that post I am sure she would thank Tina Landon.

It disgusts me too much who wrote this post, whether it was Lou, the intern or Sam A.Make a little effort to do things well and credibly, miserable.

• Like 4
  • Content Curators
5 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

You can not imagine what makes me angry what they do with the legacy, with its image and with its non-disconnected language ..."The red suit was so freaking her...but the dance was fun"

It disgusts me too much who wrote this post, whether it was Lou, the intern or Sam A.Make a little effort to do things well and credibly, miserable.

Ok pop off :katybelt:

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

Oh my god I just logged in to say how angry it made me too!!!

Who would belive she'd say that, WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!! 

Go ******* die 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, pieceofbritUK said:

Go ******* die 

The problem is that not only do they not take care of her professionally, nor personally, but that they neither know her, nor know details of her career, nor are they interested ... they just want to exploit her.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
24 minutes ago, pieceofbritUK said:

Go ******* die 

Well she did talked about the suit being hot. Even back then on making the video she was already complaining how hot it was. Then the Britney live special she said the one outfit she would never ever wear again is the catsuit because it was so hot and sticky. 

The problem is, it’s info anyone can find out so even someone posing as her can say without sounding suspicious because she did mention that consistently.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

This is a classic!

Such an incredible time to be a Britney fan. Growing up during that era was incredible. Britney was LOVING her career, she was so passionate and she had such a sparkle in her. She was loving her career back then. It was happy times. My absolute favorite Britney album and era ever. Happy Birthday Oops!

• Love 1
  • Like 1