Lady Gaga delays "Chromatica"

1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

I agree - super annoying and hypocritical how certain celebs preach about sharing everything but still so stingy when it comes to THEIR money.  It's like, "do as I say and not as I do".  And then, if you call them out on their shiznit then it's how you are being unkind.  Lol

Not to mention that when they do give...even if it's a lot, it makes zero difference in their lavish lifestyle because they have that much it doesn't even make a dent, not to mention it gives them tax credits as well. They preach and preach to us, yet they have no concept of what reality is. No one better than this than Madonna. Gaga is on the fast track to be like her. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

From a human standpoint, it kinda sucks, because consumption is heavy right now due to everything being shut down. Her music could be helpful to people during this time.

From a business/strategic standpoint, it makes sense. She wouldn't be able to do promo, tour, music videos, etc. for it the way she normally would. As this is supposed to be her 'comeback era' for pop music, the virus would derail all the things she would normally do for a pop era.

Exactly. Obviously it would have been amazing to still see her release the album now like Dua Lipa and The Weeknd are doing but it seems like she had a lot of promo planned which she cannot physically do right now. Let's not forget she suffers from fibromyalgia too so she could be at more of a risk at contracting coronavirus. People are moaning about the decision, yet I can't help but feel people would have still moaned had she released the album on 10th April as she had originally intended. 

Even though I would have preferred the album on its original release date, I understand Gaga's decision and I look forward to when it does come out eventually.

I'm surprised the tour's not been postponed though, although I guess Gaga and her team seem pretty confident things would have died down by late July.

• Leader
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

From a human standpoint, it kinda sucks, because consumption is heavy right now due to everything being shut down. Her music could be helpful to people during this time.

From a business/strategic standpoint, it makes sense. She wouldn't be able to do promo, tour, music videos, etc. for it the way she normally would. As this is supposed to be her 'comeback era' for pop music, the virus would derail all the things she would normally do for a pop era.

Nailed it

• Leader
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

This is going to be her rebel heart leak. She shouldn't have delayed this. With no date set. Unless she moves her files to a secret lap top. It's going to leak. Especially considering of the album was mastered with a release date set. 

She'ds asking for trouble..

I was just thinking this, too. It's going to leak I just know it. 

9 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

My problem is the tour isn't postponed. 

So why delay the album. But keep the tour dates intact. When it's known. Medical professionals don't even know how long the outbreak will last. 

I thought that too. doesn't make sense. But maybe they are still  waiting for confirmation from promotors. im meant to be seeing Little Mix in June  and even though I obviously don't want it to be cancelled because I was looking forward to it [I say 'was' because im now mentally preparing for the disappointment of it being cancelled], if its going to be cancelled, i'd rather they just cancel it now and get it over with instead of clinging on.  

thats just one more pathetic move from her side - blame it on the coronavirus. She knows this will flop and has no chance to chart unless she promotes it on every tv channel. 

Look at how dua lipa will have her #1 sitting on her *** at home cause her album is BOMB.

Sorry gaga, you are just afraid and pathetic.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:29 PM, JordanMiller said:

I don't think she should delay. 

The Weeknd just released his new album, After Hours, and it's expected to hit 400K in sales in its first week. People are still listening to music despite what's going on. 

The world needs some sense of normalcy right now. Gaga's music brings people together. I hope there isn't a change of plans.

Her first single did NOT impact on people. That's important. I feel like this is an opportunity to pull back and try it again later on. Oh yes, and kids and food.

Just saying. Listening to a podcast from billboard.

Keith Caulfield basically said. Chart wise. Gaga's been hit or miss. 

While The Fame, The fame monster ep and Born this way were supported by both radio and the General public. Beginning with Artpop. On a chart analysis level. This is where gaga basically stopped ruling the pop world. 

They noted Shallow a #1 hit for her while #1 on the Adult contemporary charts..as a pop radio stat it stalled at #18 on top 40 radio formats..

So delaying the album might have hurted her. 

After all if you know the drama behind the scenes.  She wants out of interscope badly.

This was her final album under her six album deal. 

This dates back when she was healing from her hip surgery. They treated her as an employee not a human being. 

So I'm surprised she delayed this. Given how it's known. She hasn't bern been happy at interscope for a long tike.

15 minutes ago, Lostenvogue said:

If she’s going to postpone the album, then she should at least give us another single to hold us over in the meantime. The Joanne/ASIB era was cute and all, but we've waited long enough for her to do the dance music again 😫

Yeah I agree, a new single would be nice.

I do worry about the album leaking...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block