Justin Timberlake accused of cultural appropriation for calling SZA "sis"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

jt-sza-sis.jpg.b4377872ddff230f8d822ccc1a793584.jpg

Justin Timberlake is in ho water for talking over SZA and calling her "sis" several times during their interview on Ellen. 

I am a JT stan, so maybe I'm a little biased / blind. Also, the white privilege in my life is real so perhaps I'm going to sound ignorant... but for the sake of transparency here in Exhale... are people are blowing this out of proportion? Did he intentionally talk over her? I'm not convinced. Did he call her "sis" because he's trying to represent something he's not? Also not convinced. 

Thoughts? :jtum:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R U KIDDING ME. Why is everything... why does everything have to be "cultural appropriation". :ehum:

Also, same. I'm ignorant because of privilege so I don't understand if this is that big of a deal or not. But I honestly don't think JT was being disrespectful. I honestly saw it as just playful banter. It's so easy for people to judge JT cause his image took a dive because of recent events in his personal life and the new wave of wokeness where n1pplegate is catching up to him now after 17 years. So now everything he does gets blown out of proportion because his image is already tainted. I'm all for making people pay for their mistakes but it has to make sense and not just cause you hate him. :donewithit:

52 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

jt-sza-sis.jpg.b4377872ddff230f8d822ccc1a793584.jpg

Justin Timberlake is in ho water for talking over SZA and calling her "sis" several times during their interview on Ellen. 

I am a JT stan, so maybe I'm a little biased / blind. Also, the white privilege in my life is real so perhaps I'm going to sound ignorant... but for the sake of transparency here in Exhale... are people are blowing this out of proportion? Did he intentionally talk over her? I'm not convinced. Did he call her "sis" because he's trying to represent something he's not? Also not convinced. 

Thoughts? :jtum:

He's in "HO" water, Jordan? LOL. YASSS HO WATER. I need some of that.

• Content Curators
23 minutes ago, RealLarryRudolph said:

Why do people still pay attention to this misogynist? He should have been cancelled after the Super Bowl. He has no respect for women and has culturally appropriated on several occasions. Literal white trash marilyn monroe goodbye GIF

YES LARRY

:billiebarf:

he is such an attention *****!!..

I noticed the same while I was watching the interview, this was a direct question for SZA and he was interrumping and trying to get the attention for himself... huuugg.... DISGUSTING...

(i still like the song though but he need to learn to not to be so egocentric) 

Well didn't I post just yesterday in the Zayn/Niall thread another video of the interview alone with Ellen in which he says basically nothing about nothing while pretending to be smart and funny? So dense and arrogant of him. But then a few minutes later when a talented beautiful woman sits next to him he has to light up and grab people's attention. I swear he's a misogynist brat.

Archived