Justin Timberlake accused of cultural appropriation for calling SZA "sis"

Jordan Miller

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen anyone actually accuse him of 'cultural appropration' for saying "sis", but there are other problems with this clip:

1. Why is he talking over her? Like, OK, he wants to say something too, but why can't he just wait until she finishes?
  2. Him saying "sis" just sounds really cringey.
  3. I think any accusations of cultural appropration are directed towards the fact that he says "I been in the gym" in a blaccent right at the end.

You americans seriously need to chill with this Cultural appropriation mess. 

If a white girl has dreadlocks, she's being disrespectful. If a person dresses with a traditionnal outfit that belongs to a certain group of people, that person is being inconsiderate .... and so on

And what baffles me the most is that these people end up apologizing. I would never apologize and neither stop doing it. 

It's FLATTERING, it's ENDEARING. It's like paying a tribute, people should encourage it.

We ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

9 hours ago, Roxxy said:

R U KIDDING ME. Why is everything... why does everything have to be "cultural appropriation". :ehum:

Also, same. I'm ignorant because of privilege so I don't understand if this is that big of a deal or not. But I honestly don't think JT was being disrespectful. I honestly saw it as just playful banter. It's so easy for people to judge JT cause his image took a dive because of recent events in his personal life and the new wave of wokeness where n1pplegate is catching up to him now after 17 years. So now everything he does gets blown out of proportion because his image is already tainted. I'm all for making people pay for their mistakes but it has to make sense and not just cause you hate him. :donewithit:

I'm sure some circles are offended about not being included on spongebob squarepants

12 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

I'm sure some circles are offended about not being included on spongebob squarepants

And I'm sure people are also offended that there's not a lot of diversity going on with the fishes either. They all look the same. Or am I fish-ist?

I absolutely loathe this man and it has NOTHING to do with what he did to Britney and her image. 

He is the biggest ******/misogynist male celebrity in Hollywood. the fact that he got away with what he did to Janet still bothers me.

But again, people will forget about this in a couple of days :whatitellu:

He's being super annoying just like always . She asked the woman a direct question but it seems like he's so used to conveying his own point of view. 

And that's how most white famous actors act anyways. I mean there was an interview of Brad pitt , Leonardo and marrgot robbie and it was too painful to watch . It was just all about THEM THEM THEM. And less Robbie. 

I've always noticed that and it has always bothered me. 

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

And I'm sure people are also offended that there's not a lot of diversity going on with the fishes either. They all look the same. Or am I fish-ist?

you're probably a humanist for thinking humans cannot be fish and breathe underwater because of your intolerance 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, summer2summer said:

He's being super annoying just like always . She asked the woman a direct question but it seems like he's so used to conveying his own point of view. 

And that's how most white famous actors act anyways. I mean there was an interview of Brad pitt , Leonardo and marrgot robbie and it was too painful to watch . It was just all about THEM THEM THEM. And less Robbie. 

I've always noticed that and it has always bothered me. 

Yeah Margo Robbie felt so left out and I don’t know if it’s intentional but they seem to really make it even more obvious how young she is when she was talking about how upset she was she missed Britney during the premiere. They just gave an air of she’s a young girl, she doesn’t know any better or have taste as they just kept quiet.  It felt totally awkward. As a Britney fan, you’re always judged for having poor taste for liking Britney.

I hate JT. Ok, maybe not hate him (hate is a strong word but I really really really don't like him):blol:

But I hate that Cultural Appropriation bs more :sickofu:

And yes, he was KINDA talking over her but the guy has always been a douche :shadelaugh: the "sis" thing is ridiculous :brityawning:

23 hours ago, Roxxy said:

R U KIDDING ME. Why is everything... why does everything have to be "cultural appropriation". :ehum:

Also, same. I'm ignorant because of privilege so I don't understand if this is that big of a deal or not. But I honestly don't think JT was being disrespectful. I honestly saw it as just playful banter. It's so easy for people to judge JT cause his image took a dive because of recent events in his personal life and the new wave of wokeness where n1pplegate is catching up to him now after 17 years. So now everything he does gets blown out of proportion because his image is already tainted. I'm all for making people pay for their mistakes but it has to make sense and not just cause you hate him. :donewithit:

i think it wouldn't hurt if you research this 

Archived