Okay guys here's the whole tea regarding currentney's dancing

Illegally EATEN

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DanaDotte said:

Britney's dancing post-breakdown onwards is different from primeney's dancing, and that's no secret. This has been the subject of endless discussion and debate over the past several years. The question being: why, what changed? People have offered among the following explanations:.

Her knee prevents her from going all in.

She's just being lazy.

She's purposely half-assing.

Her meds subdue her to the point of not being able to dance sharply.

So which is it? Is it perhaps a combination of all these things?

I'm here to spill the tea. :unbothered:

The root of the entire problem is that Britney never fully learnt her choreographies from 2010 onward, and unmistakebly did not practice enough. She never went into enough detail during practice to hit the moves sharply. And she has likely rarely been corrected while learning and practicing new choreos the past few years.

Circusney still actually had the skills and sharpness, but she was quite rusty and unchallenged at the time (aside from original Circus choreo). She still moved like a professional dancer though, even though she wasn't moving much.

During FF era, Britney clearly did not want to be performing for some reason or another. She performed out of obligation, not out of loyalty to her artistry or to her fans. She learned her choreographies pretty well, but never fully. That, combined with her lack of energy and enthusiasm, made for very dull, uncharacteristic performances throughout the whole era. From the very begining of the FF tour, we witness her mostly hitting the mark on her dance moves, but with as little movement as possible on her part. 

During the beginning of BJ/POM era, it became unmistakably clear that Britney was not learning her choreographies well to begin with. This can be witnessed starting from WB music video- she was not sharp, and at times not in sync with her backup dancers. She didn't bend as much as them, didn't point her arms in the same angles as them, and was just overall not well rehearsed. In IABJ, her choreographer commented that Britney picks up choreos very quickly- I suspect she let this compliment get to her head unfortunately, and be used as justification for her lack of practice and lack of effort in correctly learning her choreographies.

Britney started POM without fully knowing some choreographies, and others simply executing incorrectly. It was painfully obvious when she stood out so much from her back up dancers, due to not being in sync with them, doing the movements differently than them, not standing in the right places, and so on. The par between her and her backup dancers only became more and more pronounced with time.

And as POM went on, it became more than evident that not only did she not know her choreos fully- she was not being corrected behind the scenes during rehearsals as well. On stage, she was often bouncing in place- which is indicitive of being unrehearsed.

As time went on even more- she began to fill spaces she was unsure of with improvised movements. By the end of POM, Britney was doing 90% improv inspired 10% by the choreos she originally learned. She clearly didn't care.

Despite usually being more well-prepared for music videos, Britney was actually very unrehearsed in the choreo for Slumber Party's video.

To sum up POM-era: it was a combination of not having fully learned the choreographies to begin with, and half-assing the ones she did know as POM went on. 

What can be done to fix this? How do we get the old Britney back?

I suspect that if we are ever to see Britney dancing like primeney again, it will only be after she is released from her conservatorship, and performing because she wants to. She will only ever put in the dedication and practice needed into learning choreography that she actually wants to be learning, in a project that she wants to be doing, when she owns HERSELF, and not when she is doing it for others. She herself stated that she is a control-freak- when she has so little control over her life and artistry, it is little wonder why she's been lacking in care and effort.

And that is the whole, definitive pot of tea.:sipney::bedtime:

You ignore the vast improvement of her dancing at the start of POM 2.0, where she added Touch Of My Hand and Breathe On Me and performed that choreo well.

2 hours ago, DanaDotte said:

To those of you complaining about my use of the word tea, youll have to deal.:queenflopga:

Dont know what tea means where you all are from, but here tea means something hot that makes you gasp. 

I just spilled the boiling hot tea on the irrefutable mechanics behind why her dancing has changed.

And if this tea wasn't hot enough, wait till I make a thread about the failures of BJ and Glory. :queenflopga:

You literally just said what we knew for 6 years.

Let's all take some time to appreciate 2015/16ney where her passion came back.

The issue is not even how precise, intricate, complex her moves are, it's all about her charisma and passion when executing the moves.

I look back at some of her older prime performances and see that there was actually a lot of jiggling around in some instances (the Light Your *** On Fire Slave dance break) but because she had that fire and passion in her, it was all still captivating.

If you look at the beginning of POM 2.0, we actually got mostly brilliantly executed numbers and even if she missed parts, her excitement and good energy still came through for the performances to be enjoyable and miss them hiccups.

Fast forward to POM Tour, she was just moving for the sake of moving but her head was elsewhere.

It's like most things, you can do the most simple thing but if you do it with passion and charisma it gets you so much further.

2 hours ago, Sharkney said:

I think it’s as simple as this. She lost her passion to give a **** because she’s a prisoner cash cow money maker for her leech squad. End of story. 

Your profile picture is actually proof that she is capable if she really wants.

The M+M tour was all her and she danced and moved like primeney, despite being post-knee-injury.;)

56 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Let's all take some time to appreciate 2015/16ney where her passion came back.

The issue is not even how precise, intricate, complex her moves are, it's all about her charisma and passion when executing the moves.

I look back at some of her older prime performances and see that there was actually a lot of jiggling around in some instances (the Light Your *** On Fire Slave dance break) but because she had that fire and passion in her, it was all still captivating.

If you look at the beginning of POM 2.0, we actually got mostly brilliantly executed numbers and even if she missed parts, her excitement and good energy still came through for the performances to be enjoyable and miss them hiccups.

Fast forward to POM Tour, she was just moving for the sake of moving but her head was elsewhere.

It's like most things, you can do the most simple thing but if you do it with passion and charisma it gets you so much further.

I agree the beginning of POM 2.0 was quite good, and certainly her best in years, however it was still clear from the begining that she had learned all the new choreo in a rush. 

This lack of precision is what gave way to the endless improv and hairflips that soon followed, because for a long while, she continued to have the passion, but was simply not well versed in the choreo. Hence why she was just skipping around, hairflipping, and pointing left and right obsessively- as an outlet to her passion.:mattafact:

Yass for these detailed replies about dancing.

Britney has been a professional dancer at least since age 10, there's no way she doesnt know that she isnt dancing correctly, especially in music video playbacks. She just doesnt care anymore and most her fans and yes men in her life still praise her and she gets away with it. The same for singing live... or else we wouldnt have gotten that "I told yall I could sing" performance of Something To Talk About.

You don’t just stop being on beat or having coordination because you are bored or lazy. The moves might not be as energetic, but you’ll still execute. And being bored doesn’t make you stiff and unable to bend your body. Even when she had lackluster performances in her prime from repetition or being overworked or whatever, the moves were still there. I don’t think we’ll ever know what happened there, but the idea that she’s just being lazy doesn’t add up.

On 3/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, DoSomething954 said:

You don’t just stop being on beat or having coordination because you are bored or lazy. The moves might not be as energetic, but you’ll still execute. And being bored doesn’t make you stiff and unable to bend your body. Even when she had lackluster performances in her prime from repetition or being overworked or whatever, the moves were still there. I don’t think we’ll ever know what happened there, but the idea that she’s just being lazy doesn’t add up.

Read the OP.... the problem is only partly that she's uninspired and unenergetic.

The real root of it all is that she hasnt been correctly learning choreos to begin with these past few years. 

Being lazy or unenergetic only highlighted that.

5 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

If you think about it, they wanted her to be a power ranger character with the BOMT video. The irony of her saying I’m so fed up with people telling me what to do.

And that connection is why Overprotected is her best song! :barbie:

I feel all speculation has some degree of truth within it, but I don’t think we’ll ever know the main reason until it comes directly from her.

The issue she has now is consistency. Look at the IABJ rehearsals of Work *****, in particular. She hits moves she didn’t even execute in the video, and in 95% of the POM performances. 

Mannequin was also post-breakdown and could easily have fit with her prime choreographies.  

Archived