Okay guys here's the whole tea regarding currentney's dancing

Illegally EATEN

Britney's dancing post-breakdown onwards is different from primeney's dancing, and that's no secret. This has been the subject of endless discussion and debate over the past several years. The question being: why, what changed? People have offered among the following explanations:.

Her knee prevents her from going all in.

She's just being lazy.

She's purposely half-assing.

Her meds subdue her to the point of not being able to dance sharply.

So which is it? Is it perhaps a combination of all these things?

I'm here to spill the tea. :unbothered:

The root of the entire problem is that Britney never fully learnt her choreographies from 2010 onward, and unmistakebly did not practice enough. She never went into enough detail during practice to hit the moves sharply. And she has likely rarely been corrected while learning and practicing new choreos the past few years.

Circusney still actually had the skills and sharpness, but she was quite rusty and unchallenged at the time (aside from original Circus choreo). She still moved like a professional dancer though, even though she wasn't moving much.

During FF era, Britney clearly did not want to be performing for some reason or another. She performed out of obligation, not out of loyalty to her artistry or to her fans. She learned her choreographies pretty well, but never fully. That, combined with her lack of energy and enthusiasm, made for very dull, uncharacteristic performances throughout the whole era. From the very begining of the FF tour, we witness her mostly hitting the mark on her dance moves, but with as little movement as possible on her part. 

During the beginning of BJ/POM era, it became unmistakably clear that Britney was not learning her choreographies well to begin with. This can be witnessed starting from WB music video- she was not sharp, and at times not in sync with her backup dancers. She didn't bend as much as them, didn't point her arms in the same angles as them, and was just overall not well rehearsed. In IABJ, her choreographer commented that Britney picks up choreos very quickly- I suspect she let this compliment get to her head unfortunately, and be used as justification for her lack of practice and lack of effort in correctly learning her choreographies.

Britney started POM without fully knowing some choreographies, and others simply executing incorrectly. It was painfully obvious when she stood out so much from her back up dancers, due to not being in sync with them, doing the movements differently than them, not standing in the right places, and so on. The par between her and her backup dancers only became more and more pronounced with time.

And as POM went on, it became more than evident that not only did she not know her choreos fully- she was not being corrected behind the scenes during rehearsals as well. On stage, she was often bouncing in place- which is indicitive of being unrehearsed.

As time went on even more- she began to fill spaces she was unsure of with improvised movements. By the end of POM, Britney was doing 90% improv inspired 10% by the choreos she originally learned. She clearly didn't care.

Despite usually being more well-prepared for music videos, Britney was actually very unrehearsed in the choreo for Slumber Party's video.

To sum up POM-era: it was a combination of not having fully learned the choreographies to begin with, and half-assing the ones she did know as POM went on. 

What can be done to fix this? How do we get the old Britney back?

I suspect that if we are ever to see Britney dancing like primeney again, it will only be after she is released from her conservatorship, and performing because she wants to. She will only ever put in the dedication and practice needed into learning choreography that she actually wants to be learning, in a project that she wants to be doing, when she owns HERSELF, and not when she is doing it for others. She herself stated that she is a control-freak- when she has so little control over her life and artistry, it is little wonder why she's been lacking in care and effort.

And that is the whole, definitive pot of tea.:sipney::bedtime:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
33 minutes ago, DanaDotte said:

The reciepts are in her dancing for all to see... her quirks, bounciness, improvisation... any even slightly trained eye that understands a little about dance recognizes these signs.

I thought you were gonna tell us a story about how you met her dancer at a pool party, I’m so disappointed....

Yeah but it’s no different than our speculations because at the end of the day, that’s all it is since there’s no real proof unless Britney herself clears it up because like you pointed out, it could be a lot of things. We don’t know what she’s thinking and let’s try not to, she has her reasons but we can all agree that it is due to the cship that’s causing her to act this way as even when she was doing the House of Blues shows, she was coherent a little ratchet lol but she showed no signs of these illness her handlers claims she has so it could also be medications as her mood differs with each era almost as if they had reprogrammed her, so many things can explain her lackluster dancing but you definitely don’t have the tea.

I would no longer argue on the use of the word tea seeing as they're already dragging you for it. I would just go directly to my opinion on your opinion.

As someone who used to dance (long story but I used to dance and was a cheerleader in HS and then I went to Dance school) you are absolutely right about everything most especially the Circus era and her not being corrected by her choreographers. She was still hitting everything right during the Circus era even if she wasn't moving that much. It was still sharp.

I'll also like to add with regards to her not being corrected, if you keep doing bad habits while doing choreography like skipping specific details, you end up incorporating those bad habits to the routine permanently. I used to do the Overprotected dance break, the part where she turns and does like a Power Ranger pose ("i say no, no"), I always make the wrong turn and that would also mean my hands were the other way around. I didn't think of actually paying attention and giving myself time to really do the proper turn cause I was only doing it for myself and not for like a performance or whatever. And now I still do and I get annoyed but I can't do anything about it anymore cause its embedded in my system to turn the other side and i also don't even care anymore. I think Britney is the same. I also get my left and right arms mixed up when doing the "ha, ha, ha" choreoraphy for Slave and i've not been able to recover from that cause i've never actually paid attention since 2001. I only realized I was doing both songs wrong when I got older and went to Dance school.

Form and technique is very important. Both of which, she has lost after the Circus era. It baffles me that she never got the Work Beep floor routine right when she's been doing it for 5 years. I honestly believe her dancers or choreographers didn't even try to correct her or even if they did, they didn't try hard enough. They were probably shy or embarrassed to tell her she's flopping the routine.

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

I would no longer argue on the use of the word tea seeing as they're already dragging you for it. I would just go directly to my opinion on your opinion.

As someone who used to dance (long story but I used to dance and was a cheerleader in HS and then I went to Dance school) you are absolutely right about everything most especially the Circus era and her not being corrected by her choreographers. She was still hitting everything right during the Circus era even if she wasn't moving that much. It was still sharp.

I'll also like to add with regards to her not being corrected, if you keep doing bad habits while doing choreography like skipping specific details, you end up incorporating those bad habits to the routine permanently. I used to do the Overprotected dance break, the part where she turns and does like a Power Ranger pose ("i say no, no"), I always make the wrong turn and that would also mean my hands were the other way around. I didn't think of actually paying attention and giving myself time to really do the proper turn cause I was only doing it for myself and not for like a performance or whatever. And now I still do and I get annoyed but I can't do anything about it anymore cause its embedded in my system to turn the other side and i also don't even care anymore. I think Britney is the same. I also get my left and right arms mixed up when doing the "ha, ha, ha" choreoraphy for Slave and i've not been able to recover from that cause i've never actually paid attention since 2001. I only realized I was doing both songs wrong when I got older and went to Dance school.

Form and technique is very important. Both of which, she has lost after the Circus era. It baffles me that she never got the Work Beep floor routine right when she's been doing it for 5 years. I honestly believe her dancers or choreographers didn't even try to correct her or even if they did, they didn't try hard enough. They were probably shy or embarrassed to tell her she's flopping the routine.

100% — It’s the little details that make the performance. Even with the simple stuff...

source.gif

Why aren’t legs spaced apart and how come she isn’t turning her head? Was it on purpose to make her stand out? It’s such an easy move and still she’s not in sync with the dancers. 

30 minutes ago, SuperRhaj said:

100% — It’s the little details that make the performance. Even with the simple stuff...

Absolutely. The break for Slave is very intricate and there's the common version - the one that all the gays do but without the details. This is also the version that Britney does now. If you watch it, it looks correct. They're doing everything right and is in sync with the music and you can already impress some locals with that. But the real choreography is actually more specific than that. The watered down oh-i-know-the-Slave4U-dance-break dance break. She no longer turns her head on the opposite direction before "you like it?". She also half arses her turns and she no longer does the low kicks and no longer arches her back for "oh baby don't you wanna...". She doesn't twist her body anymore. She doesn't go the extra mile for the moves which is why Slave has been my least fave to watch in all of her tours since the Circus era. It drives me crazy to see it not done properly. :embarrassney:

i mean i think what she wears for shoes is one of the biggest factors. i looked at post conservatorship dance videos a while back and noticed when she was in flat shoes she was still dancing pretty great. i think heeled shoes just make her tense bc she's ****ed her knee up so much and probably has the natural reaction of stiffening up so she doesn't fall again and bust it more

7 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Exactly.

5 hours ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

i mean i think what she wears for shoes is one of the biggest factors. i looked at post conservatorship dance videos a while back and noticed when she was in flat shoes she was still dancing pretty great. i think heeled shoes just make her tense bc she's ****ed her knee up so much and probably has the natural reaction of stiffening up so she doesn't fall again and bust it more

It's just an excuse though. Even Pretty Girls choreo, done in sneakers, was done incorrectly.

I’m too lazy to read all of that right now so I’ll just give my opinion :tongueney: I think she can still dance if she rehearses properly. However everything she has been through has definitely taken a toll on her and she may suffer from anxiety/stage fright, which prevents her from fully delivering 

To those of you complaining about my use of the word tea, youll have to deal.:queenflopga:

Dont know what tea means where you all are from, but here tea means something hot that makes you gasp. 

I just spilled the boiling hot tea on the irrefutable mechanics behind why her dancing has changed.

And if this tea wasn't hot enough, wait till I make a thread about the failures of BJ and Glory. :queenflopga:

13 minutes ago, ol123 said:

To add to this, i've always noticed she never gets her arms right during the POM Womaniser dance-break choreography. That or she's just no where near as smooth as her background dancers. 

That's because everything she did, she did "approximately". She never tried to get it perfect to begin with.

Archived