Is Dua Lipa a main pop girl? Watch her new "Let's Get Physical" work out video

Kuzco

Is Dua Lipa a main pop girl?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think she is.

She is making bop after bop, serving fresh videos while other pop girls are doing things that have been done a million times before.

• Demi just released a self loving song called "I love me" :bieber: I mean good for her but what else is new?
  • Katy released a beautiful but yet boring ballad.
  • Gaga's song was a bop but nothing unique.

Dua on the other hand:

What are your thoughts? :miley:

dua-lipa-physical.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I wouldn't say she's THE main pop girl, but I think after this era she will indeed be a main pop girl yes! :katycream:

This, she isn't doing anything groundbreaking yet, but she's starting, and in an amazing way. I'll give this era to start setting herself with the other top artists of the moment, and if it's well received, the next one could be huge for her. :hiii:

• Like 2

I voted no. I think she has ‘it’ to become a main pop girl. However,  she still feels like one of the more underground/indie artists like MARINA, Charli XCX, Julia Michaels, etc. that have had major successes but don’t have a huge dedicated fan base and aren’t followed religiously like who I view as main pop girls like Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Rihanna, etc. 

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I wouldn't say she's THE main pop girl, but I think after this era she will indeed be a main pop girl yes! :katycream:

Precisely. I see a great deal of Gaga in her. A debut that received polarized but overall positive reviews, and a fvcking 5-star stunning sophomore effort.

Well done Dua!

• Like 1

This era is gonna be iconic, mark my words. This workout video is quite unique, I enjoyed it so much. I really see potential in Dua.:hiii:
Anyway, some brain fart exhalers will say dua lipa is a flop and “react” by pcd is a groundbreaking chart topping masterpiece. :rip:

• Like 1

I voted NO. Feel free to downvote me. :akii:

She's only had 2 major hits so far. New Rules and the far superior single from this era - Don't Start Now. A true bop in every aspect.

She's still indie to me. And let me clarify why I think that. Just because she's the only girl right now doing choreo and doing pure pop at this day and age, it don't mean she's a main pop girl. What, do we make pop girls out of anyone just cause were that thirsty for pop songs and it's literally the only choice available? I thought Britney fans are some of the most critical and picky pop music lovers because we've grown accustomed to one of the most iconic discographies in the history of pop. Or was it just me? I guess it's only me because I am elitist like that and I'm not sorry.

This single is still not doing it for me. But she's new so she has a lot of time to grow. This is only her second era afterall. Maybe after this album cycle, she can be a true main pop girl. That is, if everything goes as planned and is ultra successful because so faaar, Physical stalled at an abysmal #60 on the Hot 100. The UK chart which is her strongest market, Physical didn't even crack the top 10. Yet some "brain fart Exhalers" are still delusional but that is the tea, folks. Physical underperformed:reductive:

But alas, despite all the raving about her, she's still polarizing to Exhalers as evidenced in this poll. Yet again another poll in which she isn't getting full support. So maybe I guess, Britney fans are still picky.

As we should. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, IonutM said:

This era is gonna be iconic, mark my words. This workout video is quite unique, I enjoyed it so much. I really see potential in Dua.:hiii:
Anyway, some brain fart exhalers will say dua lipa is a flop and “react” by pcd is a groundbreaking chart topping masterpiece. :rip:

Dont come for React :katybelt:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block