Britney Spears scents discontinued?

Tyetiana30

WHAAAT. This is sooo upsetting. I haven't even bought and smelled the new ones yet like Maui, Rainbow, Rocker, Sunset, Prerogative Rave and VIP Private Show. Fantasy is a top seller, why would they do that? Isn't it one of - if not the top selling celebrity fragrance of all time? And does this mean i have to hoard all the Midnight Fantasy bottles cause that's the one I use a lot. :crying1:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

WHAAAT. This is sooo upsetting. I haven't even bought and smelled the new ones yet like Maui, Rainbow, Rocker, Sunset, Prerogative Rave and VIP Private Show. Fantasy is a top seller, why would they do that? Isn't it one of - if not the top selling celebrity fragrance of all time? And does this mean i have to hoard all the Midnight Fantasy bottles cause that's the one I use a lot. :crying1:

All they told me was no more Mariah and Britney scents were in the data base and not being produced I said does that mean you are discontinuing them and she said yes and my heart just dropped . Her new fragrances got so hard to find towards the end . I don’t know it revlon is doing this since they bought Arden or if it’s a license issue or if her sales are down they would not tell me 

4 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

Dammit I need to get more private show then lol. This was half off at rite aid cuz the store was closing so I thought "why not" and got the rest of the Prerogative stuff lol. Better Amazon it now lol 

I have a big stash of private show hehe it’s one of my favs 

1 minute ago, puppylo16 said:

She has a big fragrance following, maybe we can get the fragrance community to join our cause. It’s apparent that a world without Britney is a major disaster 

That’s why I cane here honestly . To help spread the word . I did on Instagram and fragrantica which is a fragrance blog page that’s popular . 

Wtfff??? How can this happen? The perfumes have been so successful, and they only just released Glitter Fantasy so it doesn’t make any sense.

Unless the person you spoke to only meant the US? I remember reading in other threads apparently her recent fragrances haven’t been released in the US for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, C0CKy said:

i’ll get right on that. 

I’m just confused as to why they would say they’re discontinued as of 2020 when a new one came out last week? Unless they just mean her older perfumes?

Yeah older perfumes would make more sense although the original Fantasy is still selling well all these years later so I don’t see why they would want to stop producing that.

8 minutes ago, Isla said:

Wtfff??? How can this happen? The perfumes have been so successful, and they only just released Glitter Fantasy so it doesn’t make any sense.

Unless the person you spoke to only meant the US? I remember reading in other threads apparently her recent fragrances haven’t been released in the US for whatever reason.

No I spoke to two different people .  Why would they discontinue them in America tho ? Doesn’t make any sense, they said no  more production on Britney’s line or mariah . That’s probably why we never got glitter fantasy 

4 minutes ago, Tyetiana30 said:

No I spoke to two different people .  Why would they discontinue them in America tho ? Doesn’t make any sense, they said no  more production on Britney’s line or mariah . That’s probably why we never got glitter fantasy 

I’m not sure, I can only assume they weren’t selling well there?

I live in the UK and Glitter Fantasy has been released here. I have yet to see it, but Superdrug (beauty store/drugstore) was promoting it on their social media pages.

I’ve also seen Prerogative Rave and Rainbow Fantasy in a few places. 

2 minutes ago, Isla said:

I live in the UK and Glitter Fantasy has been released here. I have yet to see it, but Superdrug (beauty store/drugstore) was promoting it on their social media pages.

We got rainbow it was just a very limited launch. Her fragrances do well here , I’ve worked in beauty and fragrances for years and her scents to this day still sell well . Especially fantasy and curious , midnight is popular too 

6 minutes ago, Isla said:

I mean when I called I said “ hi I’m asking about the Mariah and Britney fragrances and wondering where I can get them since I’m having trouble finding them she said well I know we have a few Britney’s left but Mariah not sure , she put me in hold gets back to me and says in the data base there is nothing they have been discontinued as of this year and my heart dropped , I still don’t believe it 

Just now, Tyetiana30 said:

I mean when I called I said “ hi I’m asking about the Mariah and Britney fragrances and wondering where I can get them since I’m having trouble finding them she said well I know we have a few Britney’s left but Mariah not sure , she put me in hold gets back to me and says in the data base there is nothing they have been discontinued as of this year and my heart dropped , I still don’t believe it 

That is sad :( not just Britney but supposedly getting rid of Mariah too? It just doesn’t make any sense to me, especially when they literally just released a new fragrance.

Just now, Isla said:

That is sad :( not just Britney but supposedly getting rid of Mariah too? It just doesn’t make any sense to me, especially when they literally just released a new fragrance.

I think it honestly has to do with when revlon took over the Arden company ever since then it’s been like this 

1 hour ago, Tyetiana30 said:

This is why it’s important. you call Elizabeth Arden and talk them . I use fantasy everyday myself and all she said was I will forward your feedback to the higher ups 

I’m from New Zealand and its pretty easy to find em here. They always have her own stand for her new releases. I really hope this isn’t true :nydisgust: im legit having a meltdown

Archived