Britney Spears scents discontinued?

Tyetiana30

2 hours ago, Tyetiana30 said:

I posted one of the conversations on my Instagram page  link you can check out , I also called Arden consumer affairs and they told me her line was discontinued. So do you see why I would be freaking out over this !?  I’m being told many different stories and getting the run around 

Thanks for the screenshot, the person you spoke to just said they were no longer being produced (which is correct), but I guess you were confused cause you say the person on the phone said they were discontinued? 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Isla said:

Thanks for the screenshot, the person you spoke to just said they were no longer being produced (which is correct), but I guess you were confused cause you say the person on the phone said they were discontinued? 

Yes the lady on the phone did a data base search for both Mariah and Britney and said that they were retired meaning no longer being produced . She didn’t provide me a reason and sure as heck didn’t say anything about revlon, it wasn’t till I saw a post on fragrantica about revlon buying them awhile back . You don’t understand hearing that news was a very traumatic experience for me because Britney fragrances are my life and as cheesy as it sounds , these perfumes had made me into the confident woman I am today . They have been with me through some milestones and I was so desperate I came to this forum in order to get support for Britney and myself. I still don’t trust revlon because ever since the buy out , Britney fragrances have become rare to find in the us 😞 I’m sorry if I came off as rude that wasn’t my intention but this whole thing has me upset, confused and just curious no pun intended lol I know Arden loves Britney and with them her scents were everywhere , with revlon they are like a treasure you have to find now 

26 minutes ago, Tyetiana30 said:

Yes the lady on the phone did a data base search for both Mariah and Britney and said that they were retired meaning no longer being produced . She didn’t provide me a reason and sure as heck didn’t say anything about revlon, it wasn’t till I saw a post on fragrantica about revlon buying them awhile back . You don’t understand hearing that news was a very traumatic experience for me because Britney fragrances are my life and as cheesy as it sounds , these perfumes had made me into the confident woman I am today . They have been with me through some milestones and I was so desperate I came to this forum in order to get support for Britney and myself. I still don’t trust revlon because ever since the buy out , Britney fragrances have become rare to find in the us 😞 I’m sorry if I came off as rude that wasn’t my intention but this whole thing has me upset, confused and just curious no pun intended lol I know Arden loves Britney and with them her scents were everywhere , with revlon they are like a treasure you have to find now 

Oh no I completely understand, I love Britney’s fragrances too and I own quite a lot of them. 
I just think the whole US situation is so weird, because they haven’t bothered giving her recent perfumes a proper release over there. I live in the UK and I see Britney perfumes all the time in beauty stores, and the new ones have been available here.

Just now, Isla said:

Oh no I completely understand, I love Britney’s fragrances too and I own quite a lot of them. 
I just think the whole US situation is so weird, because they haven’t bothered giving her recent perfumes a proper release over there. I live in the UK and I see them Britney perfumes all the time in beauty stores, and the new ones have been available here.

See that’s what I’m taking about , that’s why I thought glitter fantasy was a hoax lol you’re lucky 

Just now, Tyetiana30 said:

See that’s what I’m taking about , that’s why I thought glitter fantasy was a hoax lol you’re lucky 

Oh really? I wasn’t sure at first but then it appeared on frangantica and then Superdrug promoted it on social media. I just need to find it for myself!

Just now, Isla said:

Oh really? I wasn’t sure at first but then it appeared on frangantica and then Superdrug promoted it on social media. I just need to find it for myself!

Yea she made no announcements about it . I would love to try it but I haven’t gotten it here yet and no store that I know of has either . I can find fantasy and curious at kohl’s and Burlington buts about it 

22 minutes ago, Tyetiana30 said:

Yea she made no announcements about it . I would love to try it but I haven’t gotten it here yet and no store that I know of has either . I can find fantasy and curious at kohl’s and Burlington buts about it 

I hope you find it. I haven’t really brought a lot of the Fantasy spin offs, kinda lost count on them dd. The Glitter Fantasy bottle is really pretty however. 

7 minutes ago, Isla said:

I hope you find it. I haven’t really brought a lot of the Fantasy spin offs, kinda lost count on them dd. The Glitter Fantasy bottle is really pretty however. 

The only fantasy scents that really stuck with me are fantasy classic , midnight and intimate fantasy the others weren’t for me 

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, Tyetiana30 said:

Well if that’s the case then , why in the hell are they still being distributed by EA fragrances on the damn box then . You would think a company like Arden would know what was goin on or clear up the confusion ! All I heard the lady tell me on the customer service line was they discontinued Britney’s line and didn’t didn’t give me any details about it . So now need to get snippy and rude about it 

I don’t think you get it, Revlon owns Elizabeth Arden, they can do whatever they want with it and in this case they wanted all the licenses that Elizabeth Arden has and Elizabeth Arden will focus on their own brand. The box you have is probably old stock that stores is trying to sell off until they get the new shipment with Revlon on the box. 

Also no one was trying to be rude, we totally believed it and gave you the benefit of a doubt that maybe it’s a misunderstanding hence asking for screenshots so we can get a better idea but you never did and disappeared until after we all figured it out. How do you expect us to feel after all that?

19 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I don’t think you get it, Revlon owns Elizabeth Arden, they can do whatever they want with it and in this case they wanted all the licenses that Elizabeth Arden has and Elizabeth Arden will focus on their own brand. The box you have is probably old stock that stores is trying to sell off until they get the new shipment with Revlon on the box. 

Also no one was trying to be rude, we totally believed it and gave you the benefit of a doubt that maybe it’s a misunderstanding hence asking for screenshots so we can get a better idea but you never did and disappeared until after we all figured it out. How do you expect us to feel after all that?

That still doesn’t make sense I saw a prerogative body mist  not the perfume that said distributed by Arden , which Is when that fragrance launched apparently when the companies merged so that has me super confused my Walgreens has some body mist left over I checked out today . They need to be clear on who is making the damn fragrances because I want to buy a legit fresh product and not tell me a fragrance they allegedly manufacture is discontinued do you not see my frustration? I want to try her new offerings but it’s a big mystery that nobody can link me to a reputable source to try or buy my fragrances without the ok I hope it’s at Ross or Burlington today bs . Arden didn’t tell me revlon bought them I had to find out myself. In my opinion it’s just bad customer service on their part !  They tell me her line is just discontinued nothing about hey reach out to revlon or anything 

Just now, Tyetiana30 said:

That still doesn’t make sense I saw a prerogative body mist  not the perfume that said distributed by Arden , which Is when that fragrance launched apparently when the companies merged so that has me super confused my Walgreens has some body mist left over I checked out today . They need to be clear on who is making the damn fragrances because I want to buy a legit fresh product and not tell me a fragrance they allegedly manufacture is discontinued do you not see my frustration? I want to try her new offerings but it’s a big mystery that nobody can link me to a reputable source to try or buy my fragrances without the ok I hope it’s at Ross or Burlington today bs . Arden didn’t tell me revlon bought them I had to find out myself. In my opinion it’s just bad customer service on their part !  They tell me her line is just discontinued nothing about hey reach out to revlon or anything 

And I do get it , I’ve worked in fragrances for years at Dillard’s and macys and I get how that industry works like coty puts out Calvin Klein Vera want But in the box it still says manufacturing and distributed by coty also p and g put out Armani , paco Raban, Gucci  and they say distributed by p and g , but what your telling me is revlon owns Arden but on Britney boxes they don’t say distributed by revlon do you understand my confusion bob this situation, I’m confused why it says Arden is still putting them out when they aren’t . I keep a eye on her fragrances at kohl’s the giftsets she just released for valentines new stock that still say arden

1 minute ago, Tyetiana30 said:

And I do get it , I’ve worked in fragrances for years at Dillard’s and macys and I get how that industry works like coty puts out Calvin Klein Vera want But in the box it still says manufacturing and distributed by coty also p and g put out Armani , paco Raban, Gucci  and they say distributed by p and g , but what your telling me is revlon owns Arden but on Britney boxes they don’t say distributed by revlon do you understand my confusion bob this situation, I’m confused why it says Arden is still putting them out when they aren’t . I keep a eye on her fragrances at kohl’s the giftsets she just released for valentines new stock that still say arden

So thats what lead me on this tirad was Arden  told me that her fragrances were done for when all they could have said was revlon took that over but no , they didn’t do that . That’s why I’m so pissed off. Don’t tell your customers a product is no longer available when it is  

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Tyetiana30 said:

Again, you don’t get it, since Revlon owns EA, they can do whatever they want. Many American companies are own by foreign corporations but you wouldn’t know that unless you do deep research because that’s the point of buying the company in the first place because you want that name. You’re making it more complicated than it really is. The lady answered your question correctly, you just jumped to conclusions. I’m not trying to pick a fight with you but so you can better understand the situation because this was discussed here on exhale when it was announced Revlon acquired EA. You forget that Britney originally signed with Coty and had already released Curious through them (you can tell because the charm has a rhinestone chain while EA just had a regular silver chain) EA offered her more money so she switched to EA and brought the perfume over to them.

8 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Again, you don’t get it, since Revlon owns EA, they can do whatever they want. Many American companies are own by foreign corporations but you wouldn’t know that unless you do deep research because that’s the point of buying the company in the first place because you want that name. You’re making it more complicated than it really is. The lady answered your question correctly, you just jumped to conclusions. I’m not trying to pick a fight with you but so you can better understand the situation because this was discussed here on exhale when it was announced Revlon acquired EA. You forget that Britney originally signed with Coty and had already released Curious through them (you can tell because the charm has a rhinestone chain while EA just had a regular silver chain) EA offered her more money so she switched to EA and brought the perfume over to them.

No again I do get it , if revelon owned Arden she should have said that in the first place . And as for the curious bottles go I launched that fragrance back in the day and that is true BUT when Arden aquired they still produced the charms Arden tried to be cheap and cheapened the bottle eventually after it was in the market for awhile and how I know this I was working at Dillard’s at the time and we got training in the fragrances and bottles from Arden and at that time Arden was still putting the bling charmed hearts on them in fact when Arden took over they did a big charge back because our bottles were turning green and going bad quickly and they fixed that . My point is I’ve been doing this for years and I don’t follow ever aspect of Britney’s life so I had no idea revlon bought Arden . As I stated Before they could have just said they switched distributors instead of just abruptly being rude to me and saying her scents are going away 

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!  I love her perfumes!

If her team destroys them too, then I'm officially flying to the US to kill Jamie and Lou. :letitburn:

I don't know if it's relatd but... I'm not from the US and her perfumes are even harder to find nowadays. I wanted to buy Private Show last Christmas but all of them (Well, the few ones that were on sale: Fantasy, MF, FT, RFF, Stage Ed and PV) were out of stock, and now you can only find a few of them but in 50ml.  :tiffanycries:

6 minutes ago, maquisl said:

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!  I love her perfumes!

If her team destroys them too, then I'm officially flying to the US to kill Jamie and Lou. :letitburn:

I don't know if it's relatd but... I'm not from the US and her perfumes are even harder to find nowadays. I wanted to buy Private Show last Christmas but all of them (Well, the few ones that were on sale: Fantasy, MF, FT, RFF, Stage Ed and PV) were out of stock, and now you can only find a few of them but in 50ml.  :tiffanycries:

Well according to some research I did no thanks to Elizabeth Arden that revlon is apparently producing them now 

• Super Mods

No again I do get it , if revelon owne Arden she should have said that in the first place . And as for the curious bottles go I launched that fragrance back in the day and they is true BUT when Arden aquired they still produced the charms Arden tried to be cheap and cheapened the bottle eventually after it was in the market for awhile and how I know this I was working at Dillard’s at the time and we got training in the fragrances and bottles from Arden and at that time Arden was still putting the bling charmed hearts on them in fact when Arden took over they did a big charge back because our bottles were turning green and going bad quickly and they fixed that . My point is I’ve been doing this for years and I don’t follow ever aspect of Britney’s life so I had no idea revlon bought Arden . As I stated Before they could have just said they switched distributors instead of just abruptly being rude to me and saying her scents are going away 

It’s just the fact you kept insisting you did thorough research yet if you did you would have easily found out about Revlon. A quick google search would have easily gotten you that information and better direct you to the proper channels than to bug someone who probably deals with countless phone calls about random things like your question. She has a huge fragrance following so don’t you think the web and social media be blowing up? 

2 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

It’s just the fact you kept insisting you did thorough research yet if you did you would have easily found out about Revlon. A quick google search would have easily gotten you that information and better direct you to the proper channels than to bug someone who probably deals with countless phone calls about random things like your question. She has a huge fragrance following so don’t you think the web and social media be blowing up? 

Oh gee why didn’t I think of that when I had no idea or clue when I bought a recent giftset from kohl’s saying Arden was the distributor for her fragrances silly me , I saw she had a new scent coming out but couldn’t find it and they just up right told me her line is history and not even mention revlon . How dare me as a consumer of a product that have purchased many years from their company be ever so confused. You are being condescending like I was supposed to just know that. 

• Super Mods

Oh gee why didn’t I think of that when I had no idea or clue when I bought a recent giftset from kohl’s saying Arden was the distributor for her fragrances silly me , I saw she had a new scent coming out but couldn’t find it and they just up right told me her line is history and not even mention revlon . How dare me as a consumer of a product that have purchased many years from their company be ever so confused. You are being condescending like I was supposed to just know that. 

So everyone is rude and condescending to you 

:jlostare:

1 hour ago, Isla said:

I just think the whole US situation is so weird, because they haven’t bothered giving her recent perfumes a proper release over there. I live in the UK and I see Britney perfumes all the time in beauty stores, and the new ones have been available here.

Same here in NZ. They even have her own stands for her. We got Rainbow Fantasy first before it was even properly announced.

Archived