Britney Spears scents discontinued?

Tyetiana30

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, glitterfalls said:

I honestly don't know what to think. I've read through the whole thread and can only speak of my own circumstances. I basically live in Hicksville so maybe that's the answer to it all. It's only thanks to the members of this forum I saw the reason for why I wasn't finding any of Britney's current perfumes around here. Can't find something in America if it's not being released here. I look at my local Walmart and it's pretty dry Britney wise. They at least had original Fantasy and Prerogative. They had both in perfume form and in the body sprays. Holiday time had a Fantasy box set and Curious box set. Everything's pretty much gone now. I only see original Fantasy, body sprays of Fantasy and Curious. They used to have more celeb fragrances and it seems like those have pretty much disappeared. Other than Fantasy, I see a couple of Ariana Grande's perfumes and a Paris Hilton perfume. The space has been cleared out and it's some brand I've never heard of taking up the space. 

I'm disappointed overall. I love going to the perfume aisle and it was bad enough they took the tester bottles away because ******** kept ripping the sprayers off and now the whole aisle just looks boring. 

Saw where a few comments talked about working in fragrances, what's happening with celeb fragrances? It does sound like they don't sell as well, what's bringing that on? Is it a case of people are irritated that a celeb can make $$$$ by slapping their name and image on these perfumes without being more involved? Changing tastes? New stuff coming out and the celeb perfume world just gets passed by?

I live in California where it’s population dense yet it’s no different than your area. When I heard Prerogative Rave was gonna be released I scoured Khols (later finding out they no longer carry her stuff) and Walmart as the original was released through Walmart. So this is all strange.

its true that the celebrity scent market is dying as consumers are more into “niche” fragrances but I don’t think companies are totally getting rid of them, I mean Elizabeth Taylor consistently sells and I can say the same for Britney. 

I hate Walmart now, they have everything in glass cases so you can’t sample perfumes freely or pick up the box to hold in your hand, all that romance is gone as you have to fetch someone to open the case then to make you even more pissed off, they force you to either put it in a clunky security box or pay right away at the register. It feels like a prison! 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
1 hour ago, blackguillemot said:

I hope they revamp Curious fragrance and bottle to former glory! Been loving this scent since its release! It was my first bought perfume too :yaknow:

I always have a bottle, although my recently purchased one looks way cheaper visually and the scent is a bit simplified. But it's a great scent, it cannot go to obscurity! :plzney:

Welcome to Exhale @blackguillemot

• Super Mods
37 minutes ago, Isla said:

I wonder where the OP of this thread has disappeared to :idkney:

I was wondering the same thing, I mean wouldn’t EA mention their parent company Revlon? I mean discontinued is not a word to throw around loosely especially for an iconic brand like hers, like it doesnt make sense as a business to shut down something that MAKES you money and still consistently. Like if team b wanted more money, I’m sure their lawyers are able to negotiate a deal both parties can be happy with, as much as team b thinks their powerful, Revlon is a huge company with an army of the best lawyers, I’m sure they have a whole department so like this doesn’t add up at all.

5 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I was wondering the same thing, I mean wouldn’t EA mention their parent company Revlon? I mean discontinued is not a word to throw around loosely especially for an iconic brand like hers, like it doesnt make sense as a business to shut down something that MAKES you money and still consistently. Like if team b wanted more money, I’m sure their lawyers are able to negotiate a deal both parties can be happy with, as much as team b thinks their powerful, Revlon is a huge company with an army of the best lawyers, I’m sure they have a whole department so like this doesn’t add up at all.

Exactly, I don't think EA would have said 'oh the perfumes have been discontinued' because if they are being made by Revlon now (which does look to be the case) then that would be the wrong thing to say. 

The OP said she spoke to someone on the phone and also online and she said she had a screenshot of the online convo but she hasn't posted it.

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Isla said:

Exactly, I don't think EA would have said 'oh the perfumes have been discontinued' because if they are being made by Revlon now (which does look to be the case) then that would be the wrong thing to say. 

The OP said she spoke to someone on the phone and also online and she said she had a screenshot of the online convo but she hasn't posted it.

Yeah I want to give the OP the benefit of a doubt but like a lot doesn’t add up and it could be miscommunication

I’m sure she had a contract to do a certain number of fragrances, didn’t she just release a new one.

the perfumes were part of that court case with brand sense where they tried to outline the conservatorship was a fraud and tried to make her testify. That was one of the best shots our girl had.

5 minutes ago, chizwhiz said:

I’m sure she had a contract to do a certain number of fragrances, didn’t she just release a new one.

the perfumes were part of that court case with brand sense where they tried to outline the conservatorship was a fraud and tried to make her testify. That was one of the best shots our girl had.

It's funny cause I was randomly looking at Britney's perfume wikis and noticed that lawsuit mentioned on the Radiance article.

Spoiler

In March 2011, company Brand Sense filed a lawsuit against Spears and Elizabeth Arden seeking $10 million in damages, claiming that the singer and her father, Jamie Spears, allegedly stopped paying their thirty-five percent commission that was agreed as part of the contract terms.[9] The lawsuit stated:

"Britney secretly made a separate deal with Elizabeth Arden in a sneaky underhanded effort to circumvent and evade its obligations to Brand Sense ... Brand Sense had a contractual right to a 35% commission on any Britney Spears-branded fragrance sold by Elizabeth Arden. But Mr. Spears complained that the commission was too high and said that Britney did not want to pay it."[9]

In July 2011, a Los Angeles judge denied the request by the company lawyers, claiming the fact that Spears is still under conservatorship.[10] Brand Sense, however, stated that they would appeal the decision, saying Spears "currently has the mental, emotional and physical capacity to endure the strain of a months-long international concert tour, make numerous public appearances, engage in interviews with the media, participate in numerous promotional campaigns for her various business enterprises, and maintain custody of her children."[10]

Hmmm :idkney: so the perfumes were how that lawsuit was resolved?

22 minutes ago, chizwhiz said:

Omg I vaguely remember this!

Odd that was deemed competent enough to testify around 2016/17 for something related to Sam Lufti.

11 hours ago, Isla said:

If you have a screenshot of the convo, please share it here. You can use imgur to upload pictures which you can then copy and paste in a thread.

8 hours ago, whoisit said:

So i spoke with my local retailer and he told me revlon handles her perfumes now and they are still being made. Which is actually correct since prerogative was put out under revlon.

I’m so confused right now , Because her recent giftset said fantasy bottles  still say  distributed by EA FRAGRANCES CO 

8 hours ago, whoisit said:

So i spoke with my local retailer and he told me revlon handles her perfumes now and they are still being made. Which is actually correct since prerogative was put out under revlon.

1 hour ago, Tyetiana30 said:

Hmm well idk then, but if it’s the original Fantasy it might still say Elizabeth Arden as the fragrance was released through them originally. But I did find a news article about Prerogative being released by Revlon. I think the best thing to do would be to look at the boxes for Britney’s last few fragrances and see what it says on them (Prerogative, Prerogative Rave, Rainbow Fantasy and Glitter Fantasy). But like I said, do you think you could post the screenshot of the online convo you had with the EA rep?

11 minutes ago, December02 said:

I saw the circus perfume on sale at my local **** store. I’m honestly surprised they’re still selling that at all

Circus fantasy was not for me one of my favorites, it was too “ soapy raspberry for me “  I liked the midnight and fantasy classic as those pack more of a punch and statement 

10 hours ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

I feel like everyone is moving on to makeup. Gaga, Rihanna and even Selena are all doing makeup palettes now

Gotta admit I wasn't thinking about that. 

8 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I live in California where it’s population dense yet it’s no different than your area. When I heard Prerogative Rave was gonna be released I scoured Khols (later finding out they no longer carry her stuff) and Walmart as the original was released through Walmart. So this is all strange.

its true that the celebrity scent market is dying as consumers are more into “niche” fragrances but I don’t think companies are totally getting rid of them, I mean Elizabeth Taylor consistently sells and I can say the same for Britney. 

I hate Walmart now, they have everything in glass cases so you can’t sample perfumes freely or pick up the box to hold in your hand, all that romance is gone as you have to fetch someone to open the case then to make you even more pissed off, they force you to either put it in a clunky security box or pay right away at the register. It feels like a prison! 

I absolutely blame the ******** for both situations tbh. Sounds like your store had the exact same problem with people ripping the sprayers off the tester for them to go to such extremes. I hate how certain people can take the joy out of something for everybody. We both sound the same about testing out new fragrances and I bet we're both respectful about it. We certainly wouldn't pull the spray cap off so others can't test it out. It just gets ruined in the long run. :(

• Super Mods
27 minutes ago, glitterfalls said:

Gotta admit I wasn't thinking about that. 

I absolutely blame the ******** for both situations tbh. Sounds like your store had the exact same problem with people ripping the sprayers off the tester for them to go to such extremes. I hate how certain people can take the joy out of something for everybody. We both sound the same about testing out new fragrances and I bet we're both respectful about it. We certainly wouldn't pull the spray cap off so others can't test it out. It just gets ruined in the long run. :(

I think it applies to all Walmarts because every Walmart I go to does this

Archived